Quick Question Thread

Right click on any images icon/file name and select 'open with' followed by 'Choose Default Programme', click on Windows Photo Gallery which should appear under recommended programs, tick the box which says "Always use this program to open this type of file", then click ok.

Thanks! :D

Green dot for you. ;)

Another train question, whats the deal with tickets from Glasgow - London, you used to be able to take your pick of trains from £14-20 one way if you booked 10-12 weeks in advance.

Now the cheapest fares are £35 and thats on East Coast so takes the best part of 6 hours, cheapest Virgin is around £45. Unless of course you want to travel on the 05.30am train or the one that gets into London at midnight where Virgin is £17.50.

The weekend I'm going down is more than 12 weeks away but checking the up coming weekends I can't find anything that is particularly cheap, going down Friday and back Monday. Is that just the price these days? Not much incentive not to fly is it?

Hello

How many of you sometimes have a question you want to ask on here but feel it doesn't merit its own thread?

Wow, quite a lot of you.

That's why I have decided to create this thread for quick queries that you want answered.

The inspiration for this successful thread is the following question.

What was the advert for that featured people singing

"We want to be happy

But we can't be happy

Till we make you happy too"?

Do you understand?

Yes. It keeps thing tidy for the Mods, while the questions go unanswered cos no one reads this shitty thread. :angry:

Yes. It keeps thing tidy for the Mods, while the questions go unanswered cos no one reads this shitty thread. :angry:

Are you getting upset because your question wasn't answered?

Get the subway, far easier.

where would you get off? Cessnock and walk round?

I'd say Train Cental LL to Exhibition Centre would be faster.

I think there are direct busses but i don't know what number they are, sorry :(

where would you get off? Cessnock and walk round?

I'd say Train Cental LL to Exhibition Centre would be faster.

I think there are direct busses but i don't know what number they are, sorry sad.gif

I think it's Cessnock or West St or something that actually has a sign sayin 'alight here for IMAX Cinema'. Been ages since I've been on the subway so can't remember which one exactly.

Right I use my iPod touch to go on P&B and beside some of the threads are dots of different colours, I realise the ones that have green dots are polls but I'm sure what the other colours mean, anyone know?

seems to me...

green dots = polls

blue dots = threads with one page

red dot = threads with more than 1 page

red or blue dots with a white dot in the middle = thread youve posted in

i think.....

Guest The Phoenix

Anyone know a good plasterer in the falkirk area?

I need 3 walls skimmed as the last tennent in our cottage put artex on 3 of the walls :huh:

One of my brother-in-laws is the very man - absolute legend at the old slap in on the wall and make it smooth.

Not sure if he is up for extra curricular activity - works full time currently - but I'm happy to ask him if you want.

Stays in Denny so travel no problem.

Guest The Phoenix

I know it's probably been covered elsewhere, but who is responsible for policing costs at football games? Do clubs only pay for police inside the ground?

Correct.

Each game is assessed against fixed criteria and a category allocated.

A higher category is allocated to matches assessed as having a higher security risk and the Police resources required are adjusted accordingly.

Not all resources allocated are chargeable (NB This may vary from Force to Force) e.g. if a Match Commander (Inspector) or a Control Room operator are deemed necessary there is no charge. You only pay for Sergeants and Constables.

One of my brother-in-laws is the very man - absolute legend at the old slap in on the wall and make it smooth.

Not sure if he is up for extra curricular activity - works full time currently - but I'm happy to ask him if you want.

Stays in Denny so travel no problem.

That would be ideal thanks :D

We have had one guy give a price for the job and one who never even bothered turning up tonight <_<

Edited by keithgy

seems to me...

green dots = polls

blue dots = threads with one page

red dot = threads with more than 1 page

red or blue dots with a white dot in the middle = thread youve posted in

i think.....

Oh yeah that would make sense :)