Quick Question Thread

7 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I think you go to the Store tab and do it from there.

Cheers bro, that's me down a whole tenner. 

Nevertheless new year new me. 

14 minutes ago, Empty It said:

How do schools cause so much traffic? I know there are plenty teachers commuting but not enough to cause 40 minute tailback on a road that is clear otherwise.

I've always thought it was quieter during school holidays because of the number of parents who take time off work because the kids are off hence are not commuting.

I've always thought it was quieter during school holidays because of the number of parents who take time off work because the kids are off hence are not commuting.
Even that I'd be surprised, there is usually 20 minute tailback at sheriffhall in the morning on a good day. During school holidays sail right through without stopping that's some amount of parents taking alot of time off. Maybe it's just parents and teachers are shite drivers causing carnage.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:
25 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Even that I'd be surprised, there is usually 20 minute tailback at sheriffhall in the morning on a good day. During school holidays sail right through without stopping that's some amount of parents taking alot of time off. Maybe it's just parents and teachers are shite drivers causing carnage.

I don't really notice it up here because it's generally quiet anyway, but when I commuted from Glasgow to Edinburgh it was a joy during the school holidays compared to term time.

47 minutes ago, Empty It said:

How do schools cause so much traffic? I know there are plenty teachers commuting but not enough to cause 40 minute tailback on a road that is clear otherwise.

Folk driving their weans to school rather than walking what's usually a short distance. 

1 minute ago, Empty It said:
3 minutes ago, bennett said:
Folk driving their weans to school rather than walking what's usually a short distance. 

Yeah I get lazy parents but not sure that impacts major roads.

No one thing,  a cumulative effect of many factors I imagine

Agreed it's just the stark contrast between when schools are on and schools are off it literally halves my commute. Another reason to dislike children, it's all their fault.

Just now, Empty It said:
17 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Agreed it's just the stark contrast between when schools are on and schools are off it literally halves my commute. Another reason to dislike children, it's all their fault.

When I was working in Manchester, I could drive to work on a Saturday in maybe 20 minutes.  Same journey during the week took an hour.  The school holidays made a difference too, but less than the day of the week.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, bennett said:

Yeah I get lazy parents but not sure that impacts major roads.

Peados staying local rather than travelling around would be my guess 

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

Parents are the worst drivers bar none, especially those in "SUVs"

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

In my experience, it's the parking around schools that causes huge problems on roads further out. On my drive to work I pass by two schools and if I'm running a bit late I get stuck in the school run, it really is staggering the number of SUV/Off roader vehicles that are just fucking abandoned. Not only that, but they've generally driven about 300 yards from the house to the school. Really, nobody should be driving their weans to school - you're generally within walking distance of your school, especially primary schools, and if you aren't within walking distance there's a school bus service for you.

Personally I would shoot these SUV driver c***s dead, but I know some might view that as a bit strong. 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

In my experience, it's the parking around schools that causes huge problems on roads further out. On my drive to work I pass by two schools and if I'm running a bit late I get stuck in the school run, it really is staggering the number of SUV/Off roader vehicles that are just fucking abandoned. Not only that, but they've generally driven about 300 yards from the house to the school. Really, nobody should be driving their weans to school - you're generally within walking distance of your school, especially primary schools, and if you aren't within walking distance there's a school bus service for you.

Personally I would shoot these SUV driver c***s dead, but I know some might view that as a bit strong. 

Where I park (we live couple miles from school)here are marked bays, usually empty. Guy E-pace Jag dumps his car on pavement on the junction. Abothe SUV Skoda does same at the other junction. Blocking pavement and sight lines.

You can't expect their little cherubs to walk 300 yards?!?!

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'd make them push their SUV to the local scrap yard before making them climb in and get crushed along with their stupid car. But some might view that as a bit strong.