Quick Question Thread

As an SUV driving parent, you lot can all f**k off.

Over the last few years Perth and Kinross Council have introduced restrictions for cars around schools at school run time. A great idea in theory, but in reality just pushes the traffic a street away from the schools. I live in a village, and there is no excuse for most that still insist on dropping the kids off in their cars every day. 

59 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Over the last few years Perth and Kinross Council have introduced restrictions for cars around schools at school run time. A great idea in theory, but in reality just pushes the traffic a street away from the schools. I live in a village, and there is no excuse for most that still insist on dropping the kids off in their cars every day. 

Here here brother!

If the young childless dickheads in their hot hatches stuck to the speed limit, I might let my kid walk to school. But because he must cross 3 roads and a circle, he gets a lift.

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Here here brother!

If the young childless dickheads in their hot hatches stuck to the speed limit, I might let my kid walk to school. But because he must cross 3 roads and a circle, he gets a lift.

You could walk with them.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I commend you for not using your SUV for dropping your kids off at school.

7 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Here here brother!

It's a good effort from johnnydun here, I'm not quite sure it knocks "who knows what sort of paedophiles might be lurking around schools" off of top spot in the Shit Excuses for Driving Your Lazy Weans to School table, but it's a close second. 

Here here brother!
Surely learning to cross roads is a vital part of growing up.

As soon as kids are old enough (7-8 years old, i reckon) - they should be walking.

The other factor that affects roads during term times is parents choosing their kids schools, which started in the 90s and has been steady since. It's understandable, but it quite often fucks up the schools in the poorer areas, as kids who would help the place get ferried across the town to a 'better' school.

This should be in the 'unpopular opinions' thread but i want the govt to make placing requests nigh on impossible. Get kids going to their local schools, and that would help close the attainment gap.

45 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Surely learning to cross roads is a vital part of growing up.

As soon as kids are old enough (7-8 years old, i reckon) - they should be walking.

The other factor that affects roads during term times is parents choosing their kids schools, which started in the 90s and has been steady since. It's understandable, but it quite often fucks up the schools in the poorer areas, as kids who would help the place get ferried across the town to a 'better' school.

This should be in the 'unpopular opinions' thread but i want the govt to make placing requests nigh on impossible. Get kids going to their local schools, and that would help close the attainment gap.

TBF, the youngest's head is usually in the clouds and one of the roads he must cross is a slip road coming off from the Kingsway (A90). I am just not prepared to risk it, and I can't walk him down because I head straight to work.

Click on this below the text..

fri.JPG.62d93c5469478109b99071d75f21c5e1.JPG

Then on "copy link to tweet"

fri1.jpg.39d570217030425602c594933cc42097.jpg

Back on P&B right click and paste as plain text.

P.S. Just realised that's on a laptop, no idea about Samsung, sorry.

Edited by welshbairn

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Click on this below the text..

fri.JPG.62d93c5469478109b99071d75f21c5e1.JPG

Then on "copy link to tweet"

fri1.jpg.39d570217030425602c594933cc42097.jpg

Back on P&B right click and paste as plain text.

P.S. Just realised that's on a laptop, no idea about Samsung, sorry.

Just using this one as a test.

Thank you.