Quick Question Thread

15 minutes ago, philpy said:

The wife is off sick from work after having a fall which resulted in a torn muscle, which is healing up well. She technically would be on holiday the next 3 days, and we are going to a gig at the hydro Tommorow, and we've also got a night's accommodation paid for as well. Could she get in trouble from her employers if she posts anything on social media?? Bit of a tricky one, as I said she was meant to be off this weekend anyway...

Technically if she’s signed off sick she should get those holidays back to take at a later date. 

1 minute ago, Fullerene said:

Also applies if they don't enjoy it.

Yeah we’re living in a society where people feel obliged to post their opinion on everything.

Well that’s my opinion anyway…

21 hours ago, BFTD said:

Remember how every product had to have the suffix '2000' in the latter part of the 20th century? How come '2100' or '3000' never caught on once we reached the 21st century? I presume it was supposed to make a product seem futuristic, so you'd think a year even further ahead would accomplish that. When did the '2000' suffix start being used anyway? Was it in use before the Eighties?

There was a company called Scot Heat 2000 over this way, and it survived until a few years ago, so I guess they became amusingly retro for people.

Crosspost between this and the perfect songs thread

2 hours ago, philpy said:

The wife is off sick from work after having a fall which resulted in a torn muscle, which is healing up well. She technically would be on holiday the next 3 days, and we are going to a gig at the hydro Tommorow, and we've also got a night's accommodation paid for as well. Could she get in trouble from her employers if she posts anything on social media?? Bit of a tricky one, as I said she was meant to be off this weekend anyway...

A previous employer of mine would consider these 3 days as sick, because...

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Technically if she’s signed off sick she should get those holidays back to take at a later date. 

And they would 'have a word' if the sickee was out living it up whilst claiming to be sick (even if it is Texas*).

They were a pish company who went bust though, so what did they know?

*Yes, I'm going tomorrow too.

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

A previous employer of mine would consider these 3 days as sick, because...

And they would 'have a word' if the sickee was out living it up whilst claiming to be sick (even if it is Texas*).

They were a pish company who went bust though, so what did they know?

*Yes, I'm going tomorrow too.

I might see you. I'll be wearing a white t-shirt.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Does anyone on here use American Express?

I have no idea why it’s still a thing.

^^^Amex Platiunum application refused.

Anyway, if Mrs Philpy is out and about just make sure her face isn’t in any photos so she can’t be identified.

Nor be identified by any recognisable clothing she may be wearing.

Spoiler

IMG_0170.thumb.jpeg.2ec679e9cd7c23812356d5a1d2d66763.jpeg

On 13/09/2024 at 23:16, BFTD said:

Remember how every product had to have the suffix '2000' in the latter part of the 20th century? How come '2100' or '3000' never caught on once we reached the 21st century? I presume it was supposed to make a product seem futuristic, so you'd think a year even further ahead would accomplish that. When did the '2000' suffix start being used anyway? Was it in use before the Eighties?

There was a company called Scot Heat 2000 over this way, and it survived until a few years ago, so I guess they became amusingly retro for people.

I wonder if 20th Century Fox regretted choosing such a name?  Still, they got around to changing it in 2020...to 20th Century Studios!  I think they may have missed the point with that name change. 

7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I wonder if 20th Century Fox regretted choosing such a name?  Still, they got around to changing it in 2020...to 20th Century Studios!  I think they may have missed the point with that name change. 

I'm sure I read somewhere that in the mid-nineties somebody tried to register the name 21st Century Fox. Whether he succeeded or not, I'm not sure.

11 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that in the mid-nineties somebody tried to register the name 21st Century Fox. Whether he succeeded or not, I'm not sure.

20th Century Fox did spin off part of its business to 21st Century Fox a few years back, just not the film part.  I'm not sure anybody else would have gotten away with using the name anyway.