Quick Question Thread

Which is kind of my point. Surely the ones paid from the public purse should be told when they are working at times best suited to the public

But then all that would happen is they'd go private. If I had trained to be in a position as skilled as a doctor or a dentist there's no way I'd be working unsociable hours.

What happened on the 4th April 2009 that led to p&b having the most users online at once?

Div 'accidentally' posted some video of the last Mod night out. The picture quality was pretty poor but it looked like they were all naked and 'hugging' each other.

If I put several bottles of Magners/Bulmers/etc in a freezer, will they explode on me or will they stay delightfully cold?

I have heard different answers from different people.

I put a bottle of cider in the freezer a couple of weeks ago. I'd only intended leaving it in for half an hour (to cool it quickly) but I forgot it and it was left in overnight.

It was frozen solid but the glass didn't break.

Don't take my word for it though as the physics would suggest that the expanding liquid would shatter the bottle. Don't know why mine didn't.

Looking around on the net seems to suggest different opinions as you say.

Right that works well then. If all else fails I'll just get everyone in my flat to chip in for a mini fridge for all our alcoholic beverages.

Pffft girl talk, in my mate's Dundee flat they have a full sized fridge for food and another one for the bevvy.

Pffft girl talk, in my mate's Dundee flat they have a full sized fridge for food and another one for the bevvy.

poofter. in my big cousin's flat they have a full sized fridge for food and another TWO for the bevvy.

Gaylods!.My mate has converted his living room into a walk in fridge just so he has enough room for all his bevvy

poofter. in my big cousin's flat they have a full sized fridge for food and another TWO for the bevvy.

Woofter. In my girlfriends brothers best mates flat they have a mini fridge for all the food and FIVE full sized fridges for the booze.

Edit: You b*****d! :P

Edited by Turbo_dee

I'm starting to realise how skint I am, and I've worked out that untill I get a part time job it's the cheapest of cheap food for me. Basically I need to go to the big Asda's or Tesco's once a week and spend just £15 on food for seven days.

I need inspiration for cheap things I can buy to keep me going, some of you must have some great wee meals you slap together with little money or effort. Potato rosti's and soy sauce is a recent find of mine, that kind of thing.

Cheers.

I'm starting to realise how skint I am, and I've worked out that untill I get a part time job it's the cheapest of cheap food for me. Basically I need to go to the big Asda's or Tesco's once a week and spend just £15 on food for seven days.

I need inspiration for cheap things I can buy to keep me going, some of you must have some great wee meals you slap together with little money or effort. Potato rosti's and soy sauce is a recent find of mine, that kind of thing.

Cheers.

Beans on toast with melted cheese on top, The Cheesey Beano. Pasta with cheese melted ontop does a similar job.

Beans on toast with melted cheese on top, The Cheesey Beano. Pasta with cheese melted ontop does a similar job.

These two are good. Anything with pasta and bread mainly. Another ultra cheap student classic is instant noodles on bread, although it doesn't really fill you up for long.

Cheers.

making big batches of stuf which will either last a few days or you can freeze are always much cheaper

Soup

Stovies

Chili Con Carne

Pasta

if you also buy cheap ready made pizza bases,you can add wtf you like and much cheaper than buying ready made.

A jasr of tomato sauce for the base will go a long way as will a lump of cheap cheese,some muschrooms,pepper etc

Cheers.

A pack of 2 Tesco Value chicken breasts is £2

A huge pack of Value mince is £2

Obviously not the best quality, but it's easy enough to live on and packs can be separated out and portions frozen separately. Add to your shopping list a jar of curry paste (can't remember the exact price, but it's between the £1-£1.50 mark), half a dozen tins of tomatoes at around 30p each, a jar of dried basil (less than a quid), an onion (20p at the most), dried spaghetti (20p), rice (80p) and you've got the basis of some simple but decent filling food. The rest of your £15 budget can go on sundries like bread, milk, a few different vegetables and so on. Not the most exciting of meal plans, I grant you, but you'll at least get a few good meals out of it.

Everytime I log out, switch user or lock my computer everytime I go back into my account it quits my Football Manager game, steam, my BBC iPlayer desktop thing and pretty much anything else that's running apart from Firefox and MSN. Anyone know why?

Anyone know how to work out Probability? Its probably pretty basic but I've got a tonne of homework the night and suffering from a pure brain block. I'll just write one question. After thats been explained to me I'll be able to get the rest.

From past results it its known that approximately 20% of items from a production line are defective. If 2 items are taken at random from the production line find the probability that:

a. neither are defective

b. both are defective

c. only one item is defective