Quick Question Thread

Foil containers should be kept well away from a microwave unless you want sparks and a potential fire. Put it on a plate or in some other container.

A boy at work the other week dropped his lighter in the sea, being daft, instead of asking for a light he did it the Eastern European way.

Bit if bare wire in ciggie, microwave for a couple of secs and off a puffin he went.

Note, do not try this at home kids.

A boy at work the other week dropped his lighter in the sea, being daft, instead of asking for a light he did it the Eastern European way.

Bit if bare wire in ciggie, microwave for a couple of secs and off a puffin he went.

Note, do not try this at home kids.

What a pikey.

Whatever became of the poster "cdisaaccie"?

I seem to remember he made 99%+ of his posts in the "What Are You Listening To?" thread.

He only ever seemed to listen to Journey or Jeff Scott Soto (always with the bold).

So I bought a Skoda! 1.9 TDi Superb (03); 90,000 Miles.

Mechanically, I could find no fault with it whatsoever and it has been well maintained (accountably). The only discernible... Niggle. If it is indeed that... Is a squeal which seems to emanate from the turbo, whilst active under acceleration. It isn't massively loud or whatever... But it is noticeable, certainly.

I'm going to get the car a comprehensive service... And I'd rather like that noise sorted. I'm also looking for an original wheel trim and... Maybe's aye maybe's naw... Some very superficial bodywork repairs (scrapes et al).

Basically my (somewhat less than quick now) question is... Where best to get the vehicle serviced? Glasgow or generally that neck of the woods. Presumably a Skoda endorsed place (Henry's?) if I'm looking for original parts.

Unless there is any reason you desperatly want skoda parts, using aftermarket parts cost about 1/3 of the price

Unless there is any reason you desperatly want skoda parts, using aftermarket parts cost about 1/3 of the price

I think replica and non-specific wheel trims look crappy. I'd prefer the original trims, they can't be that costly.

So I bought a Skoda! 1.9 TDi Superb (03); 90,000 Miles.

Mechanically, I could find no fault with it whatsoever and it has been well maintained (accountably). The only discernible... Niggle. If it is indeed that... Is a squeal which seems to emanate from the turbo, whilst active under acceleration. It isn't massively loud or whatever... But it is noticeable, certainly.

I'm going to get the car a comprehensive service... And I'd rather like that noise sorted. I'm also looking for an original wheel trim and... Maybe's aye maybe's naw... Some very superficial bodywork repairs (scrapes et al).

Basically my (somewhat less than quick now) question is... Where best to get the vehicle serviced? Glasgow or generally that neck of the woods. Presumably a Skoda endorsed place (Henry's?) if I'm looking for original parts.

Decent choice. Good luck with it.

I wouldn't pay main dealer prices for parts either to be honest, especially as you're not looking to sell it on at any stage (are you?) If it was new then fair enough to halt the depreciation, but 6/7 years old with 90k? No need.

What happened on the 4th April 2009 that led to p&b having the most users online at once?

Up and coming Chilean actor Gonzalo Olave was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident.

Seems like it was only yesterday.

:(

R.I.P, Gonzalo. xx

Gonzalo Olave 1983 - 2009

Edited by Bibby

What happened on the 4th April 2009 that led to p&b having the most users online at once?

Barry Ferguson (impending lol) and Alan McGregor (lol) were handed "life-time bans" from Scotland Internationals for their "Victory Salutes".

I'm guessing.

Why do places such as Dentists and your GP surgery only open at times most working people find it hardest to attend. Why do they not work regular evenings and weekends like say paramedics or firemen. ?

Probably because dentists and doctors don't want to work evenings and weekends like everyone else, and there isn't exactly a massive number of unemployed dentists and doctors who do.

Probably because dentists and doctors don't want to work evenings and weekends like everyone else, and there isn't exactly a massive number of unemployed dentists and doctors who do.

Which is kind of my point. Surely the ones paid from the public purse should be told when they are working at times best suited to the public