Quick Question Thread

I feel like I've been shafted out of some money by the bank. If anybody who knows about banking could tell me if I have a right to complain, and if so how to go about it, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Ages ago I accidently went a few quid over the limit on my student overdraft, and got fined a total of £48, which is a big pain in the arse but rules are rules. I paid £48 plus the difference from my normal account to the student one, thinking that was it. A good while later I noticed there was still cash in my student account, so I went in and asked if the fine had came out yet. I was 100% definitely told that there was no more charges coming, and what was left was mine to spend. So I gradually spent what was left untill I was back at the limit, and never used it again.

Anyway, I checked my balance today and I'm £47 overdrawn, apparently there was a charge still to come out before I spent back up to the limit, and now there's another £28 coming out for still being over. Paying this £47 is a pain in itself because I was told I could spend it, but this £28 is an absolute joke considering I was told false info. Thing is because I don't have specific details of what day or who told me there was no charges, they're saying there's f**k all I can do.

Anyone know if there is anything I can do? It seems unfair as f**k. Cheers.

I feel like I've been shafted out of some money by the bank. If anybody who knows about banking could tell me if I have a right to complain, and if so how to go about it, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Ages ago I accidently went a few quid over the limit on my student overdraft, and got fined a total of £48, which is a big pain in the arse but rules are rules. I paid £48 plus the difference from my normal account to the student one, thinking that was it. A good while later I noticed there was still cash in my student account, so I went in and asked if the fine had came out yet. I was 100% definitely told that there was no more charges coming, and what was left was mine to spend. So I gradually spent what was left untill I was back at the limit, and never used it again.

Anyway, I checked my balance today and I'm £47 overdrawn, apparently there was a charge still to come out before I spent back up to the limit, and now there's another £28 coming out for still being over. Paying this £47 is a pain in itself because I was told I could spend it, but this £28 is an absolute joke considering I was told false info. Thing is because I don't have specific details of what day or who told me there was no charges, they're saying there's f**k all I can do.

Anyone know if there is anything I can do? It seems unfair as f**k. Cheers.

Tesco strikes back! That's what you get!

Tesco strikes back! That's what you get!

I was waiting for that. :lol:

This harsh as f**k fine isn't a good thing for Tesco's.

Edited by Guest

How very dare a part of Scotland which is not Edinburgh have its own colloquialisms? :angry:

Aye well all the people at uni who say "alright Ken, how's things Ken?" despite me never using that word, I've decided that's your fault.

Aye well all the people at uni who say "alright Ken, how's things Ken?" despite me never using that word, I've decided that's your fault.

Ken is a Fifer and other East Coast word you dunderheid.

I had to look that up. Oh the Glesga banter.

Ive lived in glasgow my whole life and have the broadest 'weegie' accent you could ask for and Ive never said that, or heard anyone else say it either.

Ken is a Fifer and other East Coast word you dunderheid.

:blink:

Wow, you've massively missed the point. I was making reference to them calling me Ken to take the piss because I'm from the east coast, not suggesting that the word ken is west coast slang that they use themselves.

If you're going to be a lawyer your attention to detail must improve, tut tut.

Ive lived in glasgow my whole life and have the broadest 'weegie' accent you could ask for and Ive never said that, or heard anyone else say it either.

That's probably because you're actually Glaswegian, whereas Ad Lib is a "oh my goawd, ah just love my new life on Byers Road, there's a Waitrose and everything" weegie.

Have you bought it yet? 'Cause Carphone Warehouse are selling unlocked ones for between 120 and 150 pounds.

It's my old man's unused work phone. cheers though.

if anyone can tell me how easy it is to unlock a blackberry, you can have all my green dots. regards.

It's my old man's unused work phone. cheers though.

if anyone can tell me how easy it is to unlock a blackberry, you can have all my green dots. regards.

My girlfriend got hers unlocked the other week. It just needs a code to be entered. She got it done for free at a shop but I don't know if that is normal.

Wow, you've massively missed the point. I was making reference to them calling me Ken to take the piss because I'm from the east coast, not suggesting that the word ken is west coast slang that they use themselves.

That's probably because you're actually Glaswegian, whereas Ad Lib is a "oh my goawd, ah just love my new life on Byers Road, there's a Waitrose and everything" weegie.

I picture him as a Colin & Justin type. :unsure:

Might I suggest you have shit friends and you should probably speak to people with better patter?

I have absolutely no intention of becoming a lawyer.

Ad Lib is a "oh my goawd, ah just love my new life on Byers Road, there's a Waitrose and everything" weegie.

I think you'll find I'm really not. Interested that you've managed to reach conclusions about my accent and speech patterns without ever having actually heard me say anything. Ever.