Quick Question Thread

Are there not career development grants you can get for doing courses like that, VT?

Again, unsure about elgibility. I'm not unemployed at the moment and I'm a student, aren't they aimed at the unemployed?

I genuinely don't have a scooby, so would appreciate any information.

Again, unsure about elgibility. I'm not unemployed at the moment and I'm a student, aren't they aimed at the unemployed?

I genuinely don't have a scooby, so would appreciate any information.

There was something a few people I know from Uni who mentioned grant assisted courses in a variety of things including first aid/cookery etc. I'll ask about and see if I can locate the website again.

I've applied now for an ILA pack which if I'm eligible for will get me £200 towards training (anyone, seemingly, can get this under £22k a year) :)

Is there anywhere that does the relevant qualification for a bar person? I'm not sure what exactly that qualification is but I'm sure there's a pint-puller or two here. If not then I can just get trained as a security goon.

Edited by vikingTON

Would you sell a car to a mate?

We are selling my wife's car as my work is relocating 1st August and i need a smaller car(I have a Rover 75 auto),It is a cracking car so my wife is going to drive it and we are going to sell her Picasso and i will get a smaller car.A good mate of ours has asked if we will sell him it but although nothing is wrong with it i would feel rotten if something did.

We are selling my wife's car as my work is relocating 1st August and i need a smaller car(I have a Rover 75 auto),It is a cracking car so my wife is going to drive it and we are going to sell her Picasso and i will get a smaller car.A good mate of ours has asked if we will sell him it but although nothing is wrong with it i would feel rotten if something did.

Think that's a bit of a ridiculous question. Of course I, and I'm assuming almost everyone else would.

If the car is in the condition you state then whatever happens to it after you sell it is not your problem.

Guest The Phoenix

Only if your mate is Stuart Dickson, which I consider to be highly unlikely.

Barge pole don't touch with is my advice. You'll dread every contact from him in the future.

Edited by The Phoenix

I've applied now for an ILA pack which if I'm eligible for will get me £200 towards training (anyone, seemingly, can get this under £22k a year) :)

Is there anywhere that does the relevant qualification for a bar person? I'm not sure what exactly that qualification is but I'm sure there's a pint-puller or two here. If not then I can just get trained as a security goon.

Fucksake! A qualification in bar work. Here's the course....They ask for a drink, you give them it and take the money, give any change. Thank you, next please!

Can't comment, don't have a clue.

Fixed

Nope. Never sell a car to a mate and never buy a car from a mate either. The second something goes wrong, it leads to awkwardness from there onwards. Don't do it.

Can anybody recommend a shop in Glasgow that sells a decent variety of t-shirts at an affordable price?

Ta.

Edited by Guest

Depends what you're looking for, I quite like the stuff from Jack (and?) Jones, they tend to do stuff starting at around £12 of a decent standard.

Alternatively if you want to trawl the cheaper wares, try Madhouse in the St Enoch Centre. There's a pile of crap in there but also some stock that isn't bad and others you'd just wear for the cheapness (to wear on holiday or something)

Depends what you're looking for, I quite like the stuff from Jack (and?) Jones, they tend to do stuff starting at around £12 of a decent standard.

Alternatively if you want to trawl the cheaper wares, try Madhouse in the St Enoch Centre. There's a pile of crap in there but also some stock that isn't bad and others you'd just wear for the cheapness (to wear on holiday or something)

Cheers, I'll pop into Jack & Jones when I'm on Sauchihall Street, and then go to the St Enoch.

This is going to sound bent as f**k but I basically need a quite bright t-shirt. As long as it looks good, doesn't have any shite novelty writing and is cheap enough I'm grand.

Cheers, I'll pop into Jack & Jones when I'm on Sauchihall Street, and then go to the St Enoch.

This is going to sound bent as f**k but I basically need a quite bright t-shirt. As long as it looks good, doesn't have any shite novelty writing and is cheap enough I'm grand.

I got a bright blue (kinda turquoisey) one from Jack Jones last year for holiday, with quite bright print on it as well. Probably about £15 and you should get something similar given the season.