Quick Question Thread

Can I make a giro cheque payment at the post office? Also, have I to pay the cheque within 20 days of the failed payment, 20 days of the letter informing me of the failed payment being sent or within 20 days of receiving aforementioned letter?

Anybody? I'd really appreciate an answer here.

As a support worker are there any vaccinations I can expect to get on the nhs?

Although I think I will get the flu jab there are others, hep b for instance that I probably won't get.

I don't know for certain, it's possibly dependant on where you live. Give your local surgery or occupational health a ring and ask them.

My sky box is either going completely mental on it's own or somehow someone else is controlling it. I'm trying to watch the Scotland game and it keeps on going through the channels and switching back to Irish Radio. So my question is - does anyone know what the f**k is going on here?

Firstly, are you sitting on the control?

Switch the box off at the wall, take the card out rub it on yer t shirt and put it back and switch on.

If this fails, make sure the cat's no sitting on the control then switch the box off at the wall, push and hold the back up button on the box and switch on the box again. Keep holding the back up button until all the lights on the box come on then step back and wait. This will reboot the box and usually fixes software problems.

Firstly, are you sitting on the control?

Switch the box off at the wall, take the card out rub it on yer t shirt and put it back and switch on.

If this fails, make sure the cat's no sitting on the control then switch the box off at the wall,

push and hold the back up button on the box and switch on the box again. Keep holding the back up button until all the lights on the box come on then step back and wait. This will reboot the box and usually fixes software problems.

Nothing is near the remote, how do you think I'm changing it back when it goes over to strictly come dancing.

I'll try that and see if it works.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

Are there any dishwasher/plumbing experts on p&b? The dishwasher stopped not long ago just after I had put it on. There is water in the base of it which won't drain away. I lifted out the filter thingmy and tried plunging it to see if there was a blockage but that didn't work. Any advice gratefully received

Are there any dishwasher/plumbing experts on p&b? The dishwasher stopped not long ago just after I had put it on. There is water in the base of it which won't drain away. I lifted out the filter thingmy and tried plunging it to see if there was a blockage but that didn't work. Any advice gratefully received

You stabbed the dishwasher, ya bastard?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Have you tried the fuse?

Im working tonight, so I'll miss the Scotland game. Will it be on iplayer by the time I get back, at 1130-1200? Or is there another way I'll be able to watch it?

According to the iplayer site it will be available soon after the broadcast.