Quick Question Thread

This is going to sound daft but I've only been on 2 planes in my life and I was too young to remember/care but I'll be flying abroad and back over New Year and I don't really know what to expect. Can someone roughly tell me of the "experience" ie, you go through this, then this etc etc..?

This is going to sound daft but I've only been on 2 planes in my life and I was too young to remember/care but I'll be flying abroad and back over New Year and I don't really know what to expect. Can someone roughly tell me of the "experience" ie, you go through this, then this etc etc..?

Strip search at security,bring yer own vaseline for a better experience :o

If you're tall like me then expect to have f**k all leg room. Other than that its like a bus, but a bit more novel. Some folk find landing and take off a bit nervy as you're at an angle of ascent / descent but really there's nothing greatly spectacular about flying, other than the views from the window; seeing the world from above is very cool, as is looking down on the clouds.

Strip search at security,bring yer own vaseline for a better experience :o

If you're tall like me then expect to have f**k all leg room. Other than that its like a bus, but a bit more novel. Some folk find landing and take off a bit nervy as you're at an angle of ascent / descent but really there's nothing greatly spectacular about flying, other than the views from the window; seeing the world from above is very cool, as is looking down on the clouds.

I prefer Pete's version, thanks! ;)

Edit: I better stop watching Banged Up Abroad or DU might not be far off the mark :lol:

Edited by Milevskiy

I prefer Pete's version, thanks! ;)

Well he's wrong! It's fucking terrifying. I get blind drunk and take diazepam. It's the only way. Remember it it tons of metal and flammable liquid defying Gods law by flying. There's thousands of mad men constantly trying to blow them up. Pilots and Air Traffic Controllers are only human and are prone to catastrophic errors.

You won't need Lichtie 23 if it does crash, you'll be in a thousand pieces recognisable only by your name on a list and the pathetic belongings you thought were worth taking with you.

When asked 'if anyone has asked you to carry anything in your luggage' they find it hilarious if you say that some shifty looking boy with a turban asked you to carry what you only assume is a clock, due to its ticking, on board.

Apart from that the only part I dislike is taking off, the rest is a breeze. Unless you're stuck next to a fatty.

Well he's wrong! It's fucking terrifying. I get blind drunk and take diazepam. It's the only way. Remember it it tons of metal and flammable liquid defying Gods law by flying. There's thousands of mad men constantly trying to blow them up. Pilots and Air Traffic Controllers are only human and are prone to catastrophic errors.

You won't need Lichtie 23 if it does crash, you'll be in a thousand pieces recognisable only by your name on a list and the pathetic belongings you thought were worth taking with you.

I've been steaming and stoned on diazepam on a flight some years ago but these days I just have a couple of drams and read a book if the flight is rough.

When asked 'if anyone has asked you to carry anything in your luggage' they find it hilarious if you say that some shifty looking boy with a turban asked you to carry what you only assume is a clock, due to its ticking, on board.

Apart from that the only part I dislike is taking off, the rest is a breeze. Unless you're stuck next to a fatty.

I agree with the first bit, security folk at airports get really bored, and love a good joke..

However, taking off is a breeze compared to landing in a cross wind....

Found a tick just below my left shoulder after a dog walk yesterday. Are tweezers the best way of removing them even when they are tiny?

Take it to a Falkirk game, it'll want leave by it's own accord. :ph34r:

Are you not supposed to burn them off with a lighter?

Never do that, it will leave half it in and get infected.

Best method is a tick removal kit, but home remedies are smother it in butter and it should loosen off enough to remove with tweezers.

Found a tick just below my left shoulder after a dog walk yesterday. Are tweezers the best way of removing them even when they are tiny?

Get alcohol and drown it. Hold a glass of vodka or something against the tick for a while and then use the tweezers to take the beast out. And make sure you remove the jaws aswell or you may get the Lymes Disease.

What are the rules about scheduled flights and being moved- do you have any rights? My flight has been moved back by 8 hours and I'm looking at options such as getting put onto an earlier flight, is this possible or do you think there'd be a supplement to play, or is it tough luck? Anyone had any experience of this?

light a match, blow it out and then poge the tick with the match. that'll kill the b*****d and then it's just a case of using tweezers to take it out. just trying to pull it out can result in the thing burrowing deeper.

also, if there's an inflamed circle round where the tick is, a gap and then another red circle (making it kind of look like a dartboard), get yourself to the doctor sharpish.