Quick Question Thread

I am thinkin of going to uni next year.

1. Is 22 to old to stay in the halls?

2. What kind of funding will i be entitled to?

Any experience is appreciated.

1. Course not, I know plenty of people around that age staying in halls. Definitely do it as it's the best way to make the most of university.

2. Look on the SAAS website and there should be some information. If you are from Scotland and go to university in Scotland you will of course have your fees paid for you, and then it takes into account other factors like whatever job you may have etc for your student loan. The minimum is £970 or something but not sure what it goes up to, and not really sure what kind of bursaries are available.

1. Course not, I know plenty of people around that age staying in halls. Definitely do it as it's the best way to make the most of university.

2. Look on the SAAS website and there should be some information. If you are from

Scotland and go to university in Scotland you will of course have your fees paid for you, and then it takes into account other factors like whatever job you may have etc for your

student loan. The minimum is £970 or something but not sure what it goes up to, and not really sure what kind of bursaries are available.

Cheers, I think im going to set up a meeting with my college to see if I will get a bursary/SAAS/student loan.

Presuming this is your first go at university (and accepted at a uni of course) then tuition fees are automatically covered. you can then apply for a loan and/or income-assessed loan and/or bursary depending on circumstances. The maximum funding is somewhere north of £5,000.

Why do people think IE is so bad? It's what I use and I see nothing wrong with it at all.

previos incarnations have been clunky and slow, crashes etc.

ive tried chrome, firefox and safari. needless to say i prefer ie9

though i hated ie8

How much do you get for taking back a glass Barrs bottle these days? It used to have 20p/30p on the top of the lid but the one I have is blank...

chink chink, here comes Dave, the bottle mink :P

Has anyone tried the Magners Specials? If so, are they any good? The pear and ginger one tempts me, but I'm not sure whether it will be great or shite.

The other half got one the other week (can't mind which it was though) and it was a bit naff as expected.

Thistly Cross all the way cider wise, except the weak variety of course.

That bad eh? Why don't you smash it and hold it to someone vulnerables throat and take their cash and valuables.

Curiosity more than anything. Have they stopped doing it or have I just been given one with an unprinted lid? Hmm.

Curiosity more than anything. Have they stopped doing it or have I just been given one with an unprinted lid? Hmm.

Keep it, it might be worth something to a collector!!!