Quick Question Thread

Since when did Coral (shops) change the odds on their coupons from the traditional fractions to the new-fangled decimals?

That's the last penny they get from me. I'm severely unimpressed with this change.

Hmm.

I'm not a regular in Coral's but I'm fairly certain I've been in this season and seen a coupon wih fractions. Are you sure it's not simply a case that they print a decimal slip in addition to the 'normal' ones?

Since when did Coral (shops) change the odds on their coupons from the traditional fractions to the new-fangled decimals?

That's the last penny they get from me. I'm severely unimpressed with this change.

:lol: Calm down grandpa! can you not just work it out?

Hmm.

I'm not a regular in Coral's but I'm fairly certain I've been in this season and seen a coupon wih fractions. Are you sure it's not simply a case that they print a decimal slip in addition to the 'normal' ones?

It was their 'weekend' slip which I was casually perusing and it displayed it in decimal form. There could be another version of said coupon I suppose, I didn't see one though.

In the last week I've watched two English non-Premiership games on Sky Sports, and would like to ask if there's such a thing as a competitive match outside the Premiership anymore?

In the Notts County vs Hartlepool game, Notts County were worthy winners with Hartlepool offering nothing and being overall very poor.

Tonight, Leeds are winning at Doncaster, and while Leeds have played quite well, Doncaster have been utterly rancid.

Are there no competitive battles in such games any more?

In the last week I've watched two English non-Premiership games on Sky Sports, and would like to ask if there's such a thing as a competitive match outside the Premiership anymore?

In the Notts County vs Hartlepool game, Notts County were worthy winners with Hartlepool offering nothing and being overall very poor.

Tonight, Leeds are winning at Doncaster, and while Leeds have played quite well, Doncaster have been utterly rancid.

Are there no competitive battles in such games any more?

You mean the Leeds who got to the Champions League semi-final? And Doncaster got to (and won) the Football League Trophy...

Basically, what I'm saying is, outwith the big league, there's a lot of big teams slumming it with diddies due to financial discrepancies.

You mean the Leeds who got to the Champions League semi-final? And Doncaster got to (and won) the Football League Trophy...

Basically, what I'm saying is, outwith the big league, there's a lot of big teams slumming it

with diddies due to financial discrepancies.

Indeed, the very same. Did u know that Leeds played Valencia in the Champions League?

Of course there are a lot of big teams 'slumming' it with diddies, but even so, if they're in the same league, is it too much to expect a competitive game every so often?

Of course there are a lot of big teams 'slumming' it with diddies, but even so, if they're in the same league, is it too much to expect a competitive game every so often?

Serious? Well two games isn't a very large sample to test that out, and English leagues have 24 teams: there can be wide disparities from top to bottom. If you imagine Arbroath playing East Stirling, you wouldn't expect a competitive match.

Edited by vikingTON

Would you recommend someone for a job?

my work is looking for temp staff in december and are asking us if family or friends are interested,They reckon that they are more likely to turn up than paying an agency shit loads of money only for them not to show up.

Edited by keithgy

Serious? Well two games isn't a very large sample to test that out, and English leagues have 24 teams: there can be wide disparities from top to bottom. If you imagine Arbroath playing East Stirling, you wouldn't expect a competitive match.

No, I'm not saying that that's a good or big enough sample to make such a judgement, it's just disappointing that in two games in two separate divisions, there has been a huge gulf in the competitiveness.

It's not so much that there has been a difference in quality (that much should be expected in a league match), but in the two games, both Hartlepool and Doncaster were utterly abject, thus rendering the games almost non-contests.

Would you recommend someone for a job?

my work is looking for temp staff in december and are asking us if family or friends are interested,They reckon that they are more likely to turn up than paying an agency shit loads of money only for them not to show up.

yes

A very good point, with only 2 slight inconsistencies.......

1) Arbroath & Shire are not currently in the same league, so I'm not sure what your point is.

2) Even when Arbroath & Shire were in the same league, I can recall us losing on many occasions in different (yet strangely hilarious) ways

Apart from these minor points, I'm sure that your erudite post was comletely factual, correct and up to date.

we will see, we will see ;)

thinks hes L4L so he does

If there's no mods about then he'll be around until one appears. So far he's created a thread almost begging for green dots, had a massive breakdown which included spamming the SPL forum and now we have a resignation thread.

I think I fell asleep in my back garden the first time I was drunk. I certainly didn't spend it online.