Quick Question Thread

The meters on a taxi, who sets these things ? Can the driver/company set them to what they like ? Berwick to Eyemouth Friday night midnight, 8 and a 1/2 miles =. £21. Just thought it was a bit steep. Any drivers on here ?

The meters on a taxi, who sets these things ? Can the driver/company set them to what they like ? Berwick to Eyemouth Friday night midnight, 8 and a 1/2 miles =. £21. Just thought it was a bit steep. Any drivers on here ?

The Local Authority sets the rates as far as I mind.

On a side note my current car is an ex taxi and still has the meter in it, set to rates from 3 years ago, and they are scary enough when I stick it on for a journey. Just need false plates, cable ties and a shovel and I am set for the Winter :ph34r:

The Local Authority sets the rates as far as I mind.

On a side note my current car is an ex taxi and still has the meter in it, set to rates from 3 years ago, and they are scary enough when I stick it on for a journey. Just need false plates, cable ties and a shovel and I am set for the Winter :ph34r:

Cheers, just wondered. It's no that I'm a tight Cnut. Gave him £25 coz I'm a soft touch when I'm pished.

All the best in your new business venture ha ha ha ha

I've just check in online of an easyjet flight. There is a seat number/letter on the boarding pass. I thought it was ususally just a sit where you want type affair, or is that only Ryanair?

I'm in row 13, which is right in the middle meaning I'm likely to be last to be served by the trolly dolly!

Edited by Fudge

I've just check in online of an easyjet flight. There is a seat number/letter on the boarding pass. I thought it was ususally just a sit where you want type affair, or is that only Ryanair?

I'm in row 13, which is right in the middle meaning I'm likely to be last to be served by the trolly dolly!

Easyjet flights I've had we're always sit where you can get

im sure i read that easyjet have gone to numbered seats now

http://blog.easyjet.com/easyjet-to-trial-allocated-seating/

Edited by doulikefish

I have two questions.

1) I rarely use the buses in Glasgow and have no idea how to use the various websites for the companies that operate in Glasgow (the joys of Highland life where Stagecoach are the only real bus service). So how can I find out what bus will take me from the city centre to the Braehead Centre?

2) I have a new laptop and I'm fairly thick when it comes to computer stuff. It's a MacBook (it now means I can look cool sipping a chai tea latte in Starbucks while wearing sandals) so do I require any Norton anti-virus stuff or the like? The guy in the shop was quite vague.

1) The X23 from Buchanan Bus Station takes around 15 minutes, goes around Glasgow for a bit then hops straight on the M8. The 747 goes through Partick and would take ages

2) Yes. You can get decent free ones online. The old "malware don't get written for Macs" argument just doesn't wash any more, if it's commonly used there'll be a virus for it.

Edited by sonofjenova

1) The X23 from Buchanan Bus Station takes around 15 minutes, goes around Glasgow for a bit then hops straight on the M8. The 747 goes through Partick and would take ages

2) Yes. You can get decent free ones online. The old "malware don't get written for Macs" argument just doesn't wash any more, if it's commonly used there'll be a virus for it.

Is that the McGill's X23? It's a crackin' service, I get it from Union Street when I'm going to Braehead and it only takes about 15 mins at most, and it's fairly regular as well.

1) Traveline Scotland

2) I don't know, but I understand that Macs are fairly immune to viruses. Have a gander in the e-chat forum or ask in there.

747 from the bus station behind John Lewis ( can't remember its name, used to be Killermont St. ) There are others but the 747 is quickest and most frequent.

Macs are better than PC's but not 100% immune. There is lots of free anti-virus stuff. I use iAntiVirus but check the Mac forums for others.

first or mcgills are best bet. There's regular buses from outside govan subway station if you don't fancy the ride for the city centre. I'm not sure it's worthwhile getting train to Paisley and bus to braehead

you probably shouldn't, but you do have to be careful with what you download and what you look at online. It's more likely to be your actions that'll cause an issue rather than a virus or malware that's out there.

Read 'mac user' type websites and magazines for what they reckon.

I tend to use Transport Direct instead.

However, the Traveline app is fantastic. It works out where you are, highlights all the bus stops near you and by selecting a stop it tells you the bus times and where's it's off to.

Is that the McGill's X23? It's a crackin' service, I get it from Union Street when I'm going to Braehead and it only takes about 15 mins at most, and it's fairly regular as well.

Fanks to all of the above.

Let's say I have a credit card against which the interest is 20%, but the current balance is £0.00. If I buy something at £100, I would expect my total outstanding to be £120 at the end of the month, after my statement was produced. My question is this:-

If I were to buy something tomorrow on my credit card for the £100 and pay the £100 off the day after, would I then have a nil balance at the end of the month and thus not incur the interest being added to my statement later in the month?

Let's say I have a credit card against which the interest is 20%, but the current balance is £0.00. If I buy something at £100, I would expect my total outstanding to be £120 at the end of the month, after my statement was produced. My question is this:-

If I were to buy something tomorrow on my credit card for the £100 and pay the £100 off the day after, would I then have a nil balance at the end of the month and thus not incur the interest being added to my statement later in the month?

yip