Quick Question Thread

Didn't really deserve a thread of its own, where would i go for decent advice on the kind of work i should be applying for ?

really want to get out of call centre work 

I spoke to a careers advisor when I was unemployed, I think it was Skills Scotland or something similar. They gave me options and pointed me in the right direction with what qualifications I would need etc..

I spoke to a careers advisor when I was unemployed, I think it was Skills Scotland or something similar. They gave me options and pointed me in the right direction with what qualifications I would need etc..

cheers, shouldn't be a problem that i actually have a job. Ill go try have a chat

cheers smpar also

What is the exact salary cut off for having to repay a student loan? I am getting differing info on this.

And also, if you are just be low it and you work overtime in certain months that will push you over the cut off, would you have to make repayments in these months but not the months that you had no overtime.

What is the exact salary cut off for having to repay a student loan? I am getting differing info on this.

And also, if you are just be low it and you work overtime in certain months that will push you over the cut off, would you have to make repayments in these months but not the months that you had no overtime.

Can't really help with your first question but with regards to overtime, with it being outwith your contracted hours, I can't see you having to pay it back in those months. Apologies for not being much help :lol:

http://www.saas.gov.uk/my_money/loan_repayments.htm

As for your second point... if you earn overtime (or bonuses for that matter) that take your wage over the boundary for that particular month then they'll take a repayment off you through that particular payslip.

Has anyone seen a can crusher in any shops in Fife or Dundee?

I know they are available online, but I prefer to see it before I buy as I got one online ages ago an it broke due to being so flimsy.

Just stamp on them.

Anyone else work nightshift? What's your routine? I've just started nights from Sunday and I feel i have literally no time in the day to myself at all. Travel/work 8pm-8am, come in so knackered I end up sleeping 8am-5pm which leaves me 3 hours to myself in late afternoon. I'm going to the football tomorrow so god knows if I can manage a 3 hour kip.

Guest The Phoenix
Anyone else work nightshift? What's your routine? I've just started nights from Sunday and I feel i have literally no time in the day to myself at all. Travel/work 8pm-8am, come in so knackered I end up sleeping 8am-5pm which leaves me 3 hours to myself in late afternoon. I'm going to the football tomorrow so god knows if I can manage a 3 hour kip.

My son does nights in his shift rotation.

He's as bad as you.

Not very helpful, sorry.

I treated it like you would a normal working day, except obviously the times are different.

Get up a 7pm have breakfast and a shower etc and leave for work at 9:30-10pm, once you are home I had dinner etc and I went to my bed between 12 and 2pm.

That worked fine for me but it does take a few weeks to get into a different routine.

I treated it like you would a normal working day, except obviously the times are different.

Get up a 7pm have breakfast and a shower etc and leave for work at 9:30-10pm, once you are home I had dinner etc and I went to my bed between 12 and 2pm.

That worked fine for me but it does take a few weeks to get into a different routine.

This. You wouldn't get home from a shift at 8pm and head straight to bed. You'd stay up, get a meal and watch the telly until bedtime. Just turn your day on its head. In addition to that, be ever grateful that it's winter you're doing it in and not summer.

I sleep about the same on nights as I would on days. Work shifts of 6-6

If I'm days, I'm up at half 5, quick breakfast then start work. Go to bed about 10.30pm. So all my 'own time' is after shift

If I'm nights, I'll usually get up about 3pm before shift and go to bed about 9am after.

I sleep about the same on nights as I would on days. Work shifts of 6-6

If I'm days, I'm up at half 5, quick breakfast then start work. Go to bed about 10.30pm. So all my 'own time' is after shift

If I'm nights, I'll usually get up about 3pm before shift and go to bed about 9am after.

Good call, don't waste time washing.

Is anyone else's youtube playing up? Can't forward videos, change to HD and stuff.

If your youtubes are fine, can anyone suggest what may be the issue here?

Many thanks

I suggest your YouTube isn't working to its full capacity because of capacity problems. You should resolve this somehow

You what.

Seriously though...what are you chatting about?

I was trying to be witty. Its not something that comes naturally as you can probably tell

For what its worth I just went into YouTube and watched a random video, and despite running awfully and loading quite slowly I was able to get it into HD, although I wasn't signed in to a profile or anything.