Quick Question Thread

We are playing Brora (and Wick) away in pre-season - is there much to do in either of these places? Looking like a overnight stay in Brora. Something akin to Nairn would suffice.

We are playing Brora (and Wick) away in pre-season - is there much to do in either of these places? Looking like a overnight stay in Brora. Something akin to Nairn would suffice.

Wick's a shitehole. Thurso isn't too far along the road by car and has plenty pubs.

Anyone know why Youtube's Autofill/Autosuggest function doesn't seem to work properly for The song Cheerleader by OMI?

For example, if you type in OMI, the first suggestion is "OMNI - Chandelier" and if you click on this it brings up the video for OMI - Cheerleader anyway.

If you type in "cheerleader" there are no suggestions.

I hope this makes sense and someone out there has an answer because it's driving me daft.

Wick's a shitehole. Thurso isn't too far along the road by car and has plenty pubs.

I'll be in England during the Wick game so fairly glad to swerve that. Brora seems to be a little bit more in civilisation so hopefully there is something there.

I'll be in England during the Wick game so fairly glad to swerve that. Brora seems to be a little bit more in civilisation so hopefully there is something there.

Capaldi's ice cream comes from Brora. Beyond that I've no idea.

Brora makes Nairn look like Monte Carlo. The Sutherland is the the only place you can stay or drink, upstairs is fairly conventional in a defeated small village kind of way, the downstairs bar has cardboard windows, broken toilet doors, and no toilet seats. The club social club has two excellent dart boards. A fine place.

Wick is ok, had a great pizza, national standard Weatherpoons, a cheap decent hotel and a pitch that slopes two different ways.

If the weather's good it's a cracking drive up from Inverness.

Brora makes Nairn look like Monte Carlo. The Sutherland is the the only place you can stay or drink, upstairs is fairly conventional in a defeated small village kind of way, the downstairs bar has cardboard windows, broken toilet doors, and no toilet seats. The club social club has two excellent dart boards. A fine place.

Wick is ok, had a great pizza, national standard Weatherpoons, a cheap decent hotel and a pitch that slopes two different ways.

If the weather's good it's a cracking drive up from Inverness.

Is this the same place that you mention?

http://sutherlandinn.com/index.html

Is this the same place that you mention?

http://sutherlandinn.com/index.html

It is, looks nice there doesn't it? Admittedly I arrived there a week after there was a huge battle between farmers and travellers (I think) in the downstairs bar. I was there to see Brora pump Clachnacuddin 3-1 in the Highland Cup only for the game to be forfeited because Brora fielded an unregistered player for the last 3 minutes. Clach went on to win the cup. Scenes.

Nairn's a bunch of charity shops next to a golf course. Only Brora could make it look good.

^^^only seen half of Nairn

The other half is traffic lights, co-ops and the other golf course