The New Raith Rovers Thread

1992/93 was my first proper season after being gently introduced in 1991/92. Went to every single match home and away and still remember sitting on the wall beside the dugouts when we won the league, then turning around to see Silky spray the champagne everywhere.

Favourite adventure though had to be the cup run in 1994. I remember taking the afternoon of school and heading up to Dingwall and for some reason there was just a feeling after that match that it was going to be a very special season. Throughout all the cup run and European matches I only ever missed one match away in the Faroes.

In Iceland some guy came over to me and handed me a 10 Krona note (which I still have). I still remember the bus back to the hotel after that game, the atmosphere on it was incredible! Then the airport with all the players and fans mixing. I was liften upside down by legs by Bigg Shaun, photos taken with Ronny Coyle and Sincy, Barry Wilson dancing to Scatman John and then the flight home, a tiny propeller plane the fans and players shared where we all has to get on by stairs which literally went up the arse of the plane.

In Munich I still laugh when thinking about the Rovers fans taking over the Hofbrauhaus and a magician having to be brought in to calm us all down. Walking around outside the stands at half-time 1-0 up against Bayern and having a Munich fan swap scarf's with me.

Those experiences were once in a lifetime things. As bad as the Rovers have been over the past decade or so I feel luxky I was able to visit these places with the team I support.

Christ this reminising has got me right up for Saturday now!

1992/93 was my first proper season after being gently introduced in 1991/92. Went to every single match home and away and still remember sitting on the wall beside the dugouts when we won the league, then turning around to see Silky spray the champagne everywhere.

Favourite adventure though had to be the cup run in 1994. I remember taking the afternoon of school and heading up to Dingwall and for some reason there was just a feeling after that match that it was going to be a very special season. Throughout all the cup run and European matches I only ever missed one match away in the Faroes.

In Iceland some guy came over to me and handed me a 10 Krona note (which I still have). I still remember the bus back to the hotel after that game, the atmosphere on it was incredible! Then the airport with all the players and fans mixing. I was liften upside down by legs by Bigg Shaun, photos taken with Ronny Coyle and Sincy, Barry Wilson dancing to Scatman John and then the flight home, a tiny propeller plane the fans and players shared where we all has to get on by stairs which literally went up the arse of the plane.

In Munich I still laugh when thinking about the Rovers fans taking over the Hofbrauhaus and a magician having to be brought in to calm us all down. Walking around outside the stands at half-time 1-0 up against Bayern and having a Munich fan swap scarf's with me.

Those experiences were once in a lifetime things. As bad as the Rovers have been over the past decade or so I feel lucky I was able to visit these places with the team I support.

Just back upon the subject of scouring the junior leagues that I mentioned earlier.

I see East Fife have just signed my mates young cousin from Kennoway Star.

Firm believer there are players out there capable of doing a job if you have the right networks scouring these leagues.

Brodie?

Is yer mate Davies son by any chance Ryan? ;)

Edited by Scottydog

This Leicester lad might be poor in the Foxes fans eyes but even if he's not wanted in the English Championship doesn't mean he won't be a star in the Scottish, take Karl Hawley for instance (I would even now!).

As for Craigy Brewster, sorry but every goal wasn't a screamer (there were loads and loads of scrappy ones) it's just that it's the rippers that we remember best.

I recall the mishit prod past Boaby Geddes against Killie at Sp that was only memorable because we narrowly beat them that season and it was on the Beeb. He also sclaffed another at Douglas Park in a 1-1 when we went there hoping to win the league but it's the rangey ones against the likes of St Mirren in the 7-0 game that live on in memory because they were so awesome.

Those experiences were once in a lifetime things. As bad as the Rovers have been over the past decade or so I feel luxky I was able to visit these places with the team I support.

Incredible stuff. I'll never get to experience that type of thing. What I'd give to have been the age I am now when that was all happening. I'm sure many of the older fans who were there never realised at the time that that was the absolute peak of our wee club's existence. You dunno how lucky you are!

I was young when it all went on...but was there.

I will never forget...

1. Taking time off primary school to get to the European Home games. We had a busy dentist.

2. My dads reaction when checking Ceefax to see we had Bayern in the draw.

3. Driving down from Aberdeen with the scarves out and every second car it seemed flashing us

4. Oliver Kahn's save. Brilliant. And still not ths best save I've seen live!!!!!

This Leicester lad might be poor in the Foxes fans eyes but even if he's not wanted in the English Championship doesn't mean he won't be a star in the Scottish, take Karl Hawley for instance (I would even now!).

As for Craigy Brewster, sorry but every goal wasn't a screamer (there were loads and loads of scrappy ones) it's just that it's the rippers that we remember best.

I recall the mishit prod past Boaby Geddes against Killie at Sp that was only memorable because we narrowly beat them that season and it was on the Beeb. He also sclaffed another at Douglas Park in a 1-1 when we went there hoping to win the league but it's the rangey ones against the likes of St Mirren in the 7-0 game that live on in memory because they were so awesome.

In the second home game at Starks he scored from at least 30 yards out, I say nearer 35.

He scored a 20-25 yarder at home to Meadowbank. I seem to recall that 'scrappy' goal at Hamilton was a 18-20 yarder in a 2-2 draw.

Was his goal against Morton in the 4-3 away win not a peach? There were at least 5 or 6 that season. I still have the STV First highlights DVD. I'll try and get a watch of that and get back to you.

If I wasn't snowed under at work, I'd contemplate taking a sickie and watching it today. Might even take the DVD Into work.

Edited by Scary Bear

Just watched his poty interview, played mostly as a winger until the two main strikers were sent out on loan. Bagged 6 in 6 and his preferred position is up front.

played mostly as a winger

:lol: :lol:

I'm surprised that little nugget of info hasn't resulted in a total head's gone meltdown from some folk on this thread.....

4051568.jpg

Edited by renton

I'm reading it (possibly wrongly, it's been known) to mean he's a striker but was used on the wing, rather than a winger playing up front.

That's what all wingers say.

Edited by renton

In the second home game at Starks he scored from at least 30 yards out, I say nearer 35.

He scored a 20-25 yarder at home to Meadowbank. I seem to recall that 'scrappy' goal at Hamilton was a 18-20 yarder in a 2-2 draw.

Was his goal against Morton in the 4-3 away win not a peach? There were at least 5 or 6 that season. I still have the STV First highlights DVD. I'll try and get a watch of that and get back to you.

If I wasn't snowed under at work, I'd contemplate taking a sickie and watching it today. Might even take the DVD Into work.

It was from around the edge of the box but the Hamilton goal was by no means a screamer unlike some of his better ones, my recollection is it being hit less than cleanly and that's what beat the keeper more than anything.

Edited by Scottydog