The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm glad PnB is back up so that fans of every ckub can get a giggle when we sign two players who played under Locke at Hearts and Killie.

My earlier rage about Locke had just about abated, can't wait for him to sign well kent faces from his previous jobs to re-stoke my bile.

I've never seen McHattie play, is he gash ?

He's probably half decent at this level, it's depressing more because it's exactly the kind of Hearts-Killie tribute act  route we were all afraid Locke would go down.

Never seen the lad play, wont judge until I have.

Has he played at this level before?  Theres plenty players who are more than good enough to do a good job at our level, but have been fucking shit in the top level.  Wont get stressed yet about this.

McHattie has never been great against us. He's got a decent left peg, but his positioning is poor (gets caught up the park too often and doesn't have the pace to get back) he isn't great defensively and, to be honest, I don't think his support play on the wing is great either.

Chris Millar had him on toast - a particular lowlight for the young man as Millar is a holding midfielder.

Yes they do as did RM.

But that's not all he did, is my point. A manager surely has to be able to look beyond his direct experience of players when building a squad, so that he can pick guys who will suit the situation rather than just guys he happens to know. That way you avoid stagnation as the same group of travelling failures get older. McKinnon may have had guys he knew and wanted, he also signed from fairly left field: Craigen and Longridge, for example.