The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'll be at Station park tonight. Looking forward to it.

Good luck to Toshney. Knew he would move on. As others have said no loyalty in football, especially at our level. (Obvious exceptions such as McGurn etc.)

Any player we can sell for money is decent.

Where has the £85,000 figure originated from? The Agent Scotland Twitter account? I'd always been under the impression that he (or she) was a complete slaver, although if that figure is anywhere near the real amount then that's great.

I'd have happily taken about 50 grand for a player who clearly didn't want to stick around, had thrown a sickie and had handed in a transfer request.

He was good for us, but not brilliant.

The online comments about the Board being a disgrace are absolutely radge.

Cheerio, Toshney. Clearly you can't blame him for wanting to go to a bigger club - if he'd been out of contract and moved on he'd have gone with best wishes like two or three other players and no-one would have thought anything of it. Any talk of disloyalty or the way he's handled it is a bit daft.

As it was, extending his contract during the season so we ended up getting some money for him in the summer turned out to be a very good bit of business by, uh, Ray McKinnon. 

Who was the last player we sold for cash? And is the last one we bought still Craig Winter?

sold? If you're talking about first-teamers rather than kids we got a few bob for, I'm really struggling to remember.

bought - I think we paid a token fee for Joe Dunbar, which would have been a year after Winter.

Edited by Yoss

Is anyone actually going to Forfar tonight? I'd like to hear about some actual football for a change.

As for Toshney, it sounds like a decent bit of business for everyone involved. Toshney has furthered his career, United have got a good player for this level, and we've brought money in for a player we'd likely have lost for buttons in pretty much any other situation.

As we all know, players hold all the power. I hope Lewis Toshney is over his illness, because he'll want to hit the ground running at Tannadice. There's no sense in keeping a player against his will, not only do you likely lose the commitment of that player, but footballers at this level aren't likely to sign for a club that they think might stand in their way if a good offer comes along.

Being a selling club is a lot better than being a giving-away-for-free-at-the-end-of-every-season club.

Sitting outside Station Park the now. Will try and post about it after the game.