The New Raith Rovers Thread

scary Bear your comparison is very poor you are talking about a football player compared to a clogger. Much as I thought he was ok Toshney couldn't lace Brewsters boots. Try and find a more suitable comparison please.

Hoping hardie struggles dor games at sevco and we can get him back for a bit. We've got a bit of a bonus selling toshney really it's cash we wouldn't have and it can be invested in a couple of players at least one a striker.

Barr, Johnston and Vaughan looked decent and linked up well. We hit the post twice and Court had a decent effort tipped over the bar.

Dominated the second half to be fair. Whoever said Forfar were fitter? Not a lot in that, i don't think. We gave the ball away a lot though...

We lost to East Fife last season in our first friendly mind.

Was East Fife not our last friendly?

Forfar team was mostly there under 20's tonight, with 5/6 first team players in it. Raith looked poor, wasn't that most of there first team?

"Mostly their under 20's" "5 or 6 first team players" :lol:

So not mostly under 20's then..

Bates(22) - ginger CB

Court(26) - Young sub striker

Matthews(12) - Young sub CM

Aren't first team players.

Mixed with the fact, that was Vaughans first game in a year after his ACL injury. It also Johnstones first game after his ACL injury, after a year out as well. Davo ended up playing the second half at LB( :lol: ). It's Lennox, Barr, Mchattie and Johnstone's first game with the rest of the squad. Of course, we looked poor. Not going to take much out of it though.

Also Craig Barr is still on his honeymoon, I'm sure, so that's why he wasn't there, should be there for Saturday though. Scott Robertson looks to be moving into coaching as well as playing with us, he was out taking the half time drills with the subs.

"Mostly their under 20's" "5 or 6 first team players" :lol:

So not mostly under 20's then..

Bates(22) - ginger CB

Court(26) - Young sub striker

Matthews(12) - Young sub CM

Aren't first team players.

Mixed with the fact, that was Vaughans first game in a year after his ACL injury. It also Johnstones first game after his ACL injury, after a year out as well. Davo ended up playing the second half at LB( :lol: ). It's Lennox, Barr, Mchattie and Johnstone's first game with the rest of the squad. Of course, we looked poor. Not going to take much out of it though.

Also Craig Barr is still on his honeymoon, I'm sure, so that's why he wasn't there, should be there for Saturday though. Scott Robertson looks to be moving into coaching as well as playing with us, he was out taking the half time drills with the subs.

I asked a question if most of your players were first team you tool

Disaster if those two are injured. Darryl Meggat, who should've been considered alongside McHattie as a possible LB, has unfortunately just signed for Ayr if it comes to it..

Quite literally nobody else who can play there currently. Is Mark Connolly an option to play left back or is he centre back only?

Disaster if those two are injured. Darryl Meggat, who should've been considered alongside McHattie as a possible LB, has unfortunately just signed for Ayr if it comes to it..

Quite literally nobody else who can play there currently. Is Mark Connolly an option to play left back or is he centre back only?

Connolly is CB who can play RB, Killie fans were saying

I reckon it was a win over Stenny in 2012.

Sure that was 2012? I remember us beating them in 2010. The website doesn't list a game against them in 2012 (and doesn't go back any further than that, at least as far as friendlies are concerned).

Sure that was 2012? I remember us beating them in 2010. The website doesn't list a game against them in 2012 (and doesn't go back any further than that, at least as far as friendlies are concerned).

You're spot on, July 2010. Weir scored the goal apparently. We beat Whitehill Welfare just after that, but I'm not sure if that was a first-team friendly or not.

I asked a question if most of your players were first team you tool

That was our entire first team squad, minus Robertson and Craig Barr.

I really hadn't realised how threadbare our squad was until I seen that team sheet last night.

Including loanees, we've lost 13 players from the end of last season, although that includes two goalies and Petrie who didn't play.

Still, the fact we've only brought in four, and two already have knocks if not more, then it's clear we need a load of new bodies.

Hoping hardie struggles dor games at sevco and we can get him back for a bit. We've got a bit of a bonus selling toshney really it's cash we wouldn't have and it can be invested in a couple of players at least one a striker.

You have no chance with Hardie as both Dundee United and St.mirren are in for him.