The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Honestly? We have absolutely no fucking idea at all. 

A few weeks ago we were told we were overbudget. Then Vaughan went on loan to Dumbarton and Stevenson came in. Then Bates went to Rangers for sod all, and we got Scott Roberts signed as our player and Jordan Thompson's loan was extended. Ryan Hardie also came in on loan, and now we sign this chap. 

Safe to say that's the Hearts money spent, then. I'll be gobsmacked if we don't post a loss this season, which will be just compound the misery of this nonsense. 

45 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I recall in Drysdale's mortifying meltdown of a 'statement' where he blamed everything on your fans, he said that no manager he's worked with has been as appreciative of budgetary constraints as Locke has.

How can this be the case when he's been allowed to build the largest squad in the division and is still trying to sign more players? Unless everyone apart from the loanees is on about £200 a week your budget is surely considerably larger than it was last season, or indeed at any time under McGlynn or Murray.

Basically what Michael W said is bang on. I've no idea the logic behind things. If Drysdale is releasing a press quote it'll generally involve: 

"The prices are cheaper. Why aren't fans showing up" or "We don't have the budget". It's a bit like how Dougie Rae used to continually appear to tell Morton fans in the press how they're a season away from going part time, but they always continue to survive. One things for certain, our budget has no logic looking at it or transparency. I'm utterly bemused how we can have our CEO come out in the press and say in the space of a few weeks, that a) we've not got the budget and that our manager is a top guy about that, only for us to sign more players. With that said, Drysdale came out when we were selling Bates to Rangers saying that someone close to the deal gave out private info, 24 hours after Locke mentioned the move in an interview with the record saying we weren't going get money from it. 

The move for Syme is utterly bemusing though. We have M'Voto and Bene as our first choice partnership, Davo who can play the role (to screams of oh god no)and BeckenBarr coming back after long term injury. As hinted to before, what's the point in re-signing complete non-entities like Scott Roberts who'll be lucky to grace the juniors in a few years, and lads like Syme when we could keep our own promising youngster?

As before, our club and board are miles apart. Our manager needs punted. I'll be back tomorrow with another length rant.

36 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

You can have Craigen back anytime you like. Hes utter mince.

For all Craigen got stick from our fans (a few on here posting recently have already said he's murder), he got into double figures while being put on the right wing by McKinnon. I'd take any player getting to double figures at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Didn't you guys post a loss when you finished 2nd behind us in 2011?

Yes. £80k, if I remember correctly. This was despite our average attendance increasing by 500. 

The fans went absolutely ballistic about it, resulting in the board calling a meeting with the fans. We then made a profit every subsequent season until the last one. 

11 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Didn't you guys post a loss when you finished 2nd behind us in 2011?

Pretty sure that it was the case. Not sure how, but I think our attendances didn't go up that much. Not sure how we'd have been impacted that season by things like win bonuses. 

I was a bit disappointed to hear we'd made another signing - which is in no way a reflection on the player, just despair I suppose that the board are obviously perfectly  happy to continue with Locke in charge. I know we already knew this, but allowing him to continue to sign players pretty much confirms it.

After the new contracts that were given to David McGurn and Grant Anderson towards the end of / immediately after Grant Murray's tenure, the board will have learned their lesson about signing players up only for a new manager to find them surplus to requirements. Mind you, it's the Rovers, so who knows!

9 hours ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

Looking at the majority of your posts and the demeaning avatar its you i think we would be glad to get rid of.

:lol:

A Nicky Sturgeon fan... If we got rid of her I might get rid of her mugshot on my avatar.

PS - "demeaning" ? - dont you think she looks fandabidozie? :(

Edited by Big Berk

The 2 saves after 0.57 and treble save at the end confirms that keepers must be insane they could all of ended his career diving at people's feet. seemed like a decent guy and cowden as well

Edited by Adam101