The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Ancient Mariner said:

about the only name not mentioned for the future post of manger

Jakey Burd, 

who gets the pleasure of starting the new Thread in League 1 General Chatter ?

is it not about time someone opened it up ?

We don't move until the end of June I think. With any luck the mods will stick this thread down there.

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

Was Murray's assistant at the Sons not Jack Ross? Might explain why he was a success there are was found out a bit at St.Mirren without Ross.

Jack Ross was also Alan Adamson's assistant and the two of them had us rooted to the bottom of the league with 2 points when Adamson was sacked after 8 or 9 games. It's unfair to say that Jack Ross was the brains behind everything, especially considering Murray kept us up with two different assistants (Beuzelin and Spalding) following Jack Ross' departure to Hearts. Agree he made a c**t of it at St Mirren though.

The morons saying 'shoe in' on here :lol:

Also there seem to be loads of folk 'in the know'. They're attention seeking arseholes who are massive liars or attention seeking arseholes who are untrustworthy wankers who betray the trust of someone on the Raith board by putting out things on a public forum they were told in confidence.

That makes sense then! assuming Dumbarton aren't looking to renew, id certainly think he would be on the shortlist - I suppose it comes down to whether he wants to give up his job, or remain part time.

He was on Off the Ball on Saturday. Did say he'd be signing a new contract when someone text in and asked if he'd signed a new deal but maybe it was slightly cagey.

He has had a bit of a clear out at Dumbarton which would suggest he has plans for the season to come but also said he'd had offers but none of them the right one to leave where he is now.

On 5/11/2017 at 14:27, Div said:

Our "GTF Day" which is the day every year that the site rolls over into the new season.

GTF of course stands for "Go To Forum".

This year you will be pleased to know we have no big disasterous forum upgrades planned :unsure:

From Sunday June 4th upporters of the teams promoted or relegated can move on to their new divisional forum home.

We will also amend all the forum descriptions, the homepage will be updated and any other relevant business will be completed.

Until then we'd ask fans of all promoted or relegated clubs to stick to their relevant forum where appropriate, so take your medicine for another few weeks if you've been relegated, and lord it up for a while longer if you've had a successful season !

7 minutes ago, renton said:

We don't move until the end of June I think. With any luck the mods will stick this thread down there.

Sunday 4th June according to Div, above.

7 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

He was on Off the Ball on Saturday. Did say he'd be signing a new contract when someone text in and asked if he'd signed a new deal but maybe it was slightly cagey.

He has had a bit of a clear out at Dumbarton which would suggest he has plans for the season to come but also said he'd had offers but none of them the right one to leave where he is now.

saying all of that, my mate is a Dumbarton fan and doesn't rate him at all - says we can have him. Which is slightly worrying.

19 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

We're going to pick Gary Locke again aren't we? Can only imagine how impressed our board will be if he keeps Cowdenbeath up...

What about someone fresh like Darren Jackson, with an experienced coach as his assistant, someone like Lockey?

3 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

saying all of that, my mate is a Dumbarton fan and doesn't rate him at all - says we can have him. Which is slightly worrying.

Ludicrous if a Dumbarton fan doesn't rate him.  Complete and utter madness

1 hour ago, SuperHans said:

The other main factor the board are looking for, and I know this was the case for McKinnons replacement, is that the club want someone that is "community minded". McKinnon and Ellis were always on hand for community based projects, shirts getting signed, school visits etc. Locke had that up his sleeve which went in his favour. I know that the clubs number one ambition is to get out of League 1 first time but there has to be a massive effort to try and get fans back on board and I'm sure they'll be hoping that the next manager can help with that.

Ray McKinnon was virtually never available for community projects. He wasn't even remotely interested. Ellis on the other hand, couldn't have helped out more.

17 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

Ludicrous if a Dumbarton fan doesn't rate him.  Complete and utter madness

He was getting ripped into him on Saturday evening. Rotten football - reckons he has taken them backwards from where Murray had them.

19 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

He does still divide opinions a bit, but I dare say it's more a personal thing than anything else. People think he comes across as quite smug and arrogant, which they don't like, and I've seen a few folk slagging him off because he plays/played for an over-35s team which is practically a Rangers supporters' team.

I couldn't care less that he's a Rangers fan. However some of our, erm, 'support' seem to dislike that aspect of him.

I've also seen the argument banded about that 'we only stayed up on goal difference this season' which is true, but it doesn't really even start to tell the tale of the year.

I wanted him gone after Bonnyrigg - as you can probably tell from the tone of my match report - however from that moment onwards he turned things around. We played some really nice stuff, only lost 8 in 21 games (not bad given our limitations) and I enjoyed watching us every bit as much as I had during Ian Murray's prime.

If you appoint him I reckon it'll be an excellent bit of business, but you absolutely have to be patient. It took him 18 months before he got things right with us, and even that is too late to win over his harshest critics. I'm not sure Raith can afford him that time in their current predicament. 

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

He does still divide opinions a bit, but I dare say it's more a personal thing than anything else. People think he comes across as quite smug and arrogant, which they don't like, and I've seen a few folk slagging him off because he plays/played for an over-35s team which is practically a Rangers supporters' team.

I couldn't care less that he's a Rangers fan. However some of our, erm, 'support' seem to dislike that aspect of him.

I've also seen the argument banded about that 'we only stayed up on goal difference this season' which is true, but it doesn't really even start to tell the tale of the year.

I wanted him gone after Bonnyrigg - as you can probably tell from the tone of my match report - however from that moment onwards he turned things around. We played some really nice stuff, only lost 8 in 21 games (not bad given our limitations) and I enjoyed watching us every bit as much as I had during Ian Murray's prime.

If you appoint him I reckon it'll be an excellent bit of business, but you absolutely have to be patient. It took him 18 months before he got things right with us, and even that is too late to win over his harshest critics. I'm not sure Raith can afford him that time in their current predicament. 

and he's a #tacticalgenius

18 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

He was getting ripped into him on Saturday evening. Rotten football - reckons he has taken them backwards from where Murray had them.

I was reading it wrongly and thought you meant Murray, sorry. 

1 hour ago, GhostZapper said:

Is your mates name Craig Couper by any chance?

41 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

Before Christmas I'd agree that our football was rotten, after Christmas it's been anything but and that is clearly shown in our scorelines. Many high scoring games and we scored more goals away from home than anyone else in the league, if that's rotten football then I'll have more of it this season.

Also, if anyone is capable of taking us forward from where Murray had us then tell them to get in touch. Totally unrealistic to expect someone to come in and do better than 5th in the Championship with a part time squad.

the FFP is running a poll on facebook with a selection of possibilities or other for the new manager's gig 

for some unknown reason Paul Hartley is in the lead

what is even more surprising, he's never been mentioned on here that I have seen TF

NO, I didn't vote for him

1 minute ago, Ancient Mariner said:

the FFP is running a poll on facebook with a selection of possibilities or other for the new manager's gig 

for some unknown reason Paul Hartley is in the lead

what is even more surprising, he's never been mentioned on here that I have seen TF

NO, I didn't vote for him

Hartley will be in the lead because he's got experience of winning promotions at this level, and was reasonably successful at Alloa and Dundee. He's got more experience than any of the others. The only questions for me are over a) money and b) him walking out on Alloa when they got absolutely ridden by Dumbarton.