The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 hours ago, Daysgoneby said:

Same Celtic source - Regan Hendry (nickname given by Celtic coaches as “flatter to deceive” - which has merit when you think of it, despite all the panty wetting he never scored or created a single goal in his last spell at Raith) signing on loan for Raith tomorrow.

Shittest nickname ever

Anyone got an actual accurate update on Gillespie? If it’s in the FFP, I haven’t read it yet. But a few posts up saying he’s out for months, if that’s the case that is absolutely brutal news, for me he’s our best player. I know Nisbet will get the headline because of the goals and he has been great, but just my opinion on Gillespie. And if you were at the game on Saturday against Montrose, you’d have seen we become worse when he went off.

Anyone got an actual accurate update on Gillespie? If it’s in the FFP, I haven’t read it yet. But a few posts up saying he’s out for months, if that’s the case that is absolutely brutal news, for me he’s our best player. I know Nisbet will get the headline because of the goals and he has been great, but just my opinion on Gillespie. And if you were at the game on Saturday against Montrose, you’d have seen we become worse when he went off.
FFP says several weeks for Gillespie.

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:

FFP says several weeks for Gillespie.

Midfielder Grant Gillespie is unavailable after picking up a knee injury against Montrose which looks set to keep him out for a number of weeks while goalkeeper Kieran Wright is also ruled out with a shoulder injury.

McGlynn is hopeful of adding to the squad before the weekend, with the possibility of at least one loan player following him from Celtic.

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

Bob Harris?

Was just about to say him. As far as I can see he doesn’t have a team and is a full back which we desperately need. His career seems to have had quite a fall from grace but if he was ever anywhere near his QOS form he’d be a very decent signing.

I'd have preferred it to be Alex Harris not Bob. I always admired Bob Harris when he was with QotS and was hoping we'd sign him in August when I heard he was available. It's a wee bit concerning that he has been unable to find a club this season as a free agent (especially given how good he was).  Hope there's not a bad reason for this, but hey ho! Beggers cant be choosers.

I'd have preferred it to be Alex Harris not Bob. I always admired Bob Harris when he was with QotS and was hoping we'd sign him in August when I heard he was available. It's a wee bit concerning that he has been unable to find a club this season as a free agent (especially given how good he was).  Hope there's not a bad reason for this, but hey ho! Beggers cant be choosers.
You'd prefer an absolute haddie to an unknown? You sure your a Scottish football fan?