The New Raith Rovers Thread

Livingston, Alloa, Cowdenbeath, Brechin. 

So boring, but this is what happens when the draw is regional. Alloa an annoying name to come out the hat, but hey ho. 

Edited by Michael W

Just now, Michael W said:

Livingston, Alloa, Cowdenbeath, Brechin. 

So boring, but thus is what happens when the draw is regional. Alloa an annoying name to come out the hat, but hey ho. 

On paper it’s a group there’s as good a chance of getting out of as has ever been. Fingers crossed. 

5 minutes ago, therollorose said:

On paper it’s a group there’s as good a chance of getting out of as has ever been. Fingers crossed. 

I have to say that I'd expect us to get out of any of the groups, given we've been seeded and therefore avoid the usual suspects that put us out. 

At least we're not going into this with Gary Locke at the helm. 

Edited by Michael W

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I have to say that I'd expect us to get out of any of the groups, given we've been seeded and therefore avoid the usual suspects that put us out. 

At least we're not going into this with Gary Locke at the helm. 

Not a team north of Brechin is a bonus! Would be nice to arrange the brechin game at the hedge for one last time...

Im actually quite happy with that draw, as you say boring but least it’s teams we won’t normally face in the league campaign...

Aye I think as regional draws go (the regionalised system itself can get to f**k and is boring) it’s pretty decent. No teams in the same division, 3 very winnable games and a top seed that isn’t Hearts. 

Should be looking for 9 points minimum, with a good chance of getting 10/11, and a not too unrealistic chance of 12. 

3 minutes ago, HoustonRover said:

Sad to see K Mac go as well as Armstrong but everyone in our squad bar Hendry is replaceable.

I think we’ll change stylistically next season and be a more traditional McGlynn team. Solid, bigger and more workmanlike.

Boo, we've been spoilt with silky passing.

5 minutes ago, HoustonRover said:

Sad to see K Mac go as well as Armstrong but everyone in our squad bar Hendry is replaceable.

I think we’ll change stylistically next season and be a more traditional McGlynn team. Solid, bigger and more workmanlike.

Hendry is a very good player and will move on to play at a very good level but he is replaceable. We just need to get the right player. Several ball playing midfielders will be released from clubs playing at a higher level than us.

15 minutes ago, HoustonRover said:

I can’t see that happening to be honest. Maybe players to mix it a bit more, but I don’t think he’ll revert back to playing how we played circa 2010/11. Of course if we struggle to attract players that are capable then potentially it’ll change but I don’t see McGlynn going out his way to change the style of football he has implemented. 

Just now, Wardy said:

I can’t see that happening to be honest. Maybe players to mix it a bit more, but I don’t think he’ll revert back to playing how we played circa 2010/11. Of course if we struggle to attract players that are capable then potentially it’ll change but I don’t see McGlynn going out his way to change the style of football he has implemented. 

Aye, for all the talk of changes, a midfield built around Matthews and Tait, with Vaughan and Keatings in front of them hardly screams lump it over the midfield heads to me.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Aye, for all the talk of changes, a midfield built around Matthews and Tait, with Vaughan and Keatings in front of them hardly screams lump it over the midfield heads to me.

Yeah I think when he said about changing styles next season after the Dundee game, I took it as more of a game by game basis. It’ll be back to a 36 game format next season. The final quarter is always important because every team has enough homework on one another by then and that’s when rolling up the sleeves and getting stuck in will come more into play. Second balls, flick ons, getting the ball wide for crosses and of course set pieces. A dead ball expert should really be on our radar. Especially if we have the likes of Berra coming up for corners and free kicks. 

Not gonna lie, losing Dan and Macca isn't ideal, and if we do lose Hendry and Musonda it'll be bad but it could be a lot lot worse.

Imagine being a Pars fan knowing that they'll have Peter Grant at the helm next season, mind you Pars fans will be consoling themselves that the didn't get relegated and have Baz & Boaby calling the shots.