The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, renton said:

Brown and Byrne should start against the Pars, they bossed it today in midfield. You can't drop Smith on this form, and Hamilton should start if fit.  Given you probably need Mullin to give you the balls into the box it makes a difficult decision for the last No 10 slot out of Vaughan, Easton and Stanton...

Agree with this and would be tempted to start Easton.

Dabrowski is getting some unfair criticism,  ok hes not the Witch or a Jamma, YET , if hes got a fault of not coming and commanding his box that has to be down to  Thomson or Murray or Both.

Anyhoo £72k plus whatever gate share we've made in this cup, will go a long way, maybe even get us a LB in on loan , well done to everyone that got us there

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

12 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Dabrowski is getting some unfair criticism,  ok hes not the Witch or a Jamma, YET , if hes got a fault of not coming and commanding his box that has to be down to  Thomson or Murray or Both.

Anyhoo 72k plus whatever gate share we've made in this cup, will go a long way, maybe even get us a LB in on loan , well done to everyone that got us there

Dabrowski is wayyyyy better than Ross Laidlaw. How the hell has he conned his way in full time football I’ll never know. Maybe Thomson needs to step aside and let the Witch takeover🙏

2 hours ago, Jilted John said:

A set piece and a dodgy bit of goalkeeping. I might change my mind on it once I see it back on the highlights but it looked like the second goal went right under his body. Can’t fault the team on their efforts today though. Hibs are a strong side and we matched them for large parts of it.

2 hours ago, renton said:

Feels harsh on the keeper for the second. All the damage occurs in the build up.

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:

The Facebook fanatics are gunning for Dabrowski already... 

Given the two players breaking in before that when he saved what should have been the opener for Hibs, seems a bit harsh.

Regarding the sending off, Dick will play at EEP.

Charlie Fox of Queens Park was sent off in the last group game against QotS on 29/07

The following week in the league 05/08 he played against ICT

Latest Queen's Park Results, Fixtures & Betting Odds | Soccer Base

30 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Charlie Fox of Queens Park was sent off in the last group game against QotS on 29/07

Is it not dependent on the foul? 

48 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Dabrowski is wayyyyy better than Ross Laidlaw. How the hell has he conned his way in full time football I’ll never know. Maybe Thomson needs to step aside and let the Witch takeover🙏

Dabrowski is terrible with his feet. Hopeless at dealing with crosses and has already let in a few goals that looked well savable. How you can say he is way better than a keeper who has went on to be a decent Premier league keeper is beyond me. Hopefully the manager/dof are looking at bringing a keeper in on loan or something because it seems obvious to me gk is going to be our week point this season.

13 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Wee bit dissapointing that, felt Hibs were there for the taking in the first half.  As is too often the case, very little up top.

On a positive note, Brown and Byrne have already made a huge difference.

I'm very much looking forward to Brown and Bryne getting up to full speed. 

I'd completely forgotten that we still have Aiden Connolly to add back into the mix in the final third too. 

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Also the courier confirms that Dick will be available for next week and the suspension is for the league cup only.

FYI - it’s towards the bottom of the article.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4655323/raith-rovers-ian-murray-hibs/

52 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Dabrowski is terrible with his feet. Hopeless at dealing with crosses and has already let in a few goals that looked well savable. How you can say he is way better than a keeper who has went on to be a decent Premier league keeper is beyond me. Hopefully the manager/dof are looking at bringing a keeper in on loan or something because it seems obvious to me gk is going to be our week point this season.

Where does your goalkeeping experience come from? Have we missed you playing at this level in the past? 

4 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

3 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Is it not dependent on the foul? 

It is…

3 hours ago, Greedo said:

Also the courier confirms that Dick will be available for next week and the suspension is for the league cup only.

FYI - it’s towards the bottom of the article.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4655323/raith-rovers-ian-murray-hibs/

Wondering how the referee reported the sending off. Serious Foul Play or Violent Conduct would mandate a miss at EEP…not sure how else it could be reported IF he received a red card unless it was considered denying a goal scoring opportunity. If he somehow received two yellows…

3 hours ago, RR #1 said:

So, this is the Big Kev who saved our asses on a two on one break with a save, was being blocked from moving off his line on the first goal, whose kick out resulted in Smith’s goal and who was unsighted until the second goal came out from under Watson?

10 hours ago, Stardog_champion said:

Agree about Laidlaw