The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

That's some signing for the Rovers, he'll be great for you and has already done the business in a big way previously for Murray with us.

I think I’ve said it on our thread before but I think Ian Murray owes Kyle Turner a lot for keeping him in his job at Airdrie. When we lucked out and managed to sign him we were sitting mid-table in League One with a poor team going nowhere and despite putting in an Iain Davidson-esque tackle on Ryan Conroy four minutes into his debut (I can’t blame him) and essentially missing his first three games, Turner went on to drag us to the play-off final.

I think he’s a played that Murray really trusts. He essentially played in midfield on his own half the time with two forwards in there beside him. We’ve been fortunate to have some very good midfielders over the last few years (Frizzell, Easton, McInroy) but I still rate Turner the most. A different kind of player but as good a Stanton replacement as you can get.

I would've thought that Turner would be on a decent wage in comparison to what he'd be earning in the Championship.

Are there any concerns that the budget might be getting overly stretched to chase a once in a generation dream?

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I would've thought that Turner would be on a decent wage in comparison to what he'd be earning in the Championship.

Are there any concerns that the budget might be getting overly stretched to chase a once in a generation dream?

The owners will just sell a few “conservatories” and it’ll be fine tbh. 

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

We were outbid for our own defender by Partick Thistle literally 24 hours ago. 

4 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

We'll probably only paying a portion of his wages, in any case there was money available if Murray was looking to bring in another 3, we've lost one wage and maybe punting a few out on loan ourselves

6 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Prioritising one signing over another. Hardly the actions of a club 'overstretching the budget', is it? 

All I'll say is that few, if any, on here genuinely knows what you're paying Turner so you may well be overstretched. I come in peace, as an opposition fan I don't think it's a wild take to put out there.

Edited by BukyOHare

Dont see anything definitive that we actually offered O Reilly a deal

Pretty sure Pre Airdrie interview Murray said they hadn,t even spoken to him an you,d think if he had been that interested talks would have been held long before his last game for us

3 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Dont see anything definitive that we actually offered O Reilly a deal

Pretty sure Pre Airdrie interview Murray said they hadn,t even spoken to him an you,d think if he had been that interested talks would have been held long before his last game for us

Much like what happend with Musonda, I think 

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

All I'll say is that nobody on here genuinely knows what you're paying Turner. I come in peace, as an opposition fan I don't think it's a wild take to put out there.

From a Ross County perspective they'll surely have accepted the offers from those clubs offering the highest % of his wage? 

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Ditto. Continue hammering IC&T and we can all be friends. 

They haven’t hammered us since about 1999 brother.