The New Raith Rovers Thread

Pies, what happened to the "pie of the week"? It seems its now kebab pie every week. 

Yes that's the state of play at the club at the minute.

My main concern is around the variety of pastry products

I’m intrigued to see what team Murray puts out for today, does he put Corr in at CH and play Brown RB, Brown CH and maybe McGill/Masson or Matthews RB but knowing Murray he’ll rock up with a 361 to just throw everyone off…. Ideally I think he wants to go back to the 4132 but if he doesn’t trust anyone at RB then the 3 back could be a possibility 

See the townies have had a little flood causing their match to be postponed. 

What are the chances eh, no fit players and facing an inform Airdrie team in the battle for 4th place. 

5 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I’m intrigued to see what team Murray puts out for today, does he put Corr in at CH and play Brown RB, Brown CH and maybe McGill/Masson or Matthews RB but knowing Murray he’ll rock up with a 361 to just throw everyone off…. Ideally I think he wants to go back to the 4132 but if he doesn’t trust anyone at RB then the 3 back could be a possibility 

Two big questions that will determine the line-up, as I see it:

- Who's available in defence? 

- How does Ian Murray want to use Kyle Turner? 

You answer the first one and work forwards, there's really no other way. If you've got Murray, it's him and Brown and then probably McGill. But if you don't have Murray and you go with Brown and Corr, do you want more solidity in there so instead it's Masson? 

For the second question, Turner hasn't come in to sit on the bench, so assuming he's fit to play, you start with him and then populate the rest of the midfield and attack around him. He's at his best in the middle and with an attacking brief, so for me he goes in at 10. That means you're moving Vaughan, either to the bench or up front. For me, he's got to start and so does Hamilton, so I'm already looking at a 4-1-3-2. Byrne sits and you've just got to pick any two wide players. The acid test is then whether Turner offers enough defensively/without the ball (a la Sam Stanton). 

3 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Two big questions that will determine the line-up, as I see it:

- Who's available in defence? 

- How does Ian Murray want to use Kyle Turner? 

You answer the first one and work forwards, there's really no other way. If you've got Murray, it's him and Brown and then probably McGill. But if you don't have Murray and you go with Brown and Corr, do you want more solidity in there so instead it's Masson? 

For the second question, Turner hasn't come in to sit on the bench, so assuming he's fit to play, you start with him and then populate the rest of the midfield and attack around him. He's at his best in the middle and with an attacking brief, so for me he goes in at 10. That means you're moving Vaughan, either to the bench or up front. For me, he's got to start and so does Hamilton, so I'm already looking at a 4-1-3-2. Byrne sits and you've just got to pick any two wide players. The acid test is then whether Turner offers enough defensively/without the ball (a la Sam Stanton). 

I suspect this is the nail in Masson’s coffin, at least with the Rovers. Not getting in this lineup, with two midfielders picked in right defence before him, must tell him he’s leaving at seasons end. Which, I believe is a mistake, but that’s IM’s decision. Masson won’t sign again just to not play.

3 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

If we have any kind of money to spend, do you think we might sign DEFENDERS, when  is Dabrowski back?  

To be fare Corr looked pretty decent. Give him a good run out. Need proper full backs 

A central defender is a must this week. Watson out far too long, Murray missing and very experience after that. Can RaithTV please ask where Matthews was today and perhaps find out if Watson will be back before the end of January.

It was always going to be a huge ask to keep up with Dundee Utd and sustain a title challenge for a full season. Next two league games will go a very long way to determining if we can keep up a bit longer. And if not, we have to make sure we don't just drift rudderlessly back towards third. Still far too many games where we chuck the lead away and concede goals. Working on our game management and game intelligence absolutely has to be the priority before the play-offs.

We have absolutely shat it, 5 points clear and we've thrown them all away.  

Ever since Tannadice we've been a fucking mess. Ayr and Arbroath we've completly bottled it from winning positions. We beat a poor denepleted Dunfermline team at New Year but who can honestly say it was a solid performance.

Airdrie last week were utterly shit. 

Today we've had a solid enough first half but aside from set pieces the keeper hasn't had a save to make. Queens get a goal back because our midfielders filling in at the back do not have defensive positioning (not their fault in fairness). Second half we just couldn't buy a goal. 

Murray taking off half of our actual defenders was fucking pointless. 

Easton has done little of any significance since he scored against Arbroath. 

Jack Hamilton is frustrating he does a power of work off the ball and scored today, but how many chances does he have compared to actual goals.

Next week is the Scottish Cup so at least we can't lose any more ground. 

10 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

A central defender is a must this week. Watson out far too long, Murray missing and very experience after that. Can RaithTV please ask where Matthews was today and perhaps find out if Watson will be back before the end of January.

Then what happens when Watson back? Personally I think we need full backs just from my experience. 

would like to see Corr in with a “proper” cb next to him. 

easton not looking interested recently. Has a loan move been stopped or something?

8 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Since Dundee United we’ve taken 5 points out of 18 and 3 games we were leading in but it’s okay though we can’t be negative/ just all have to be happy clappers 

Let’s all clap together, at least we’re inclusive in defeat🤣

Players really need a kick up the backside, they just stroll about the park, whilst our opposition pick up on this and show more guts than us.

IM needs a reality check too, just thinks all he needs to do is take off a defender and stick on a attacker, absolutely clueless. Hats off to Queens they took their opportunity's.