The New Raith Rovers Thread

It’s certainly possible I picked him up wrong but I took from Barrowman’s interview that they had a preferred candidate in mind, as opposed to just an up-to-date shortlist of candidates.

Surprised the ‘papers haven’t gotten a sniff of an out & out front runner at this point. Bookies odds are never a decent indicator - it wouldn’t take a huge amount of money (or smaller bets) on a manager market for a club like Rovers to actually influence the odds.

I’m not expecting an imminent appointment. At this point I’m assuming the club are simply working towards an appointment before the Ayr game. Nevertheless, I can’t say I’m enjoying this nervous anticipation any.

Edited by CrossgatesCynic

I wonder if there's going to be a bit of the Frank Connor about Ian Murrays tenure. 

Came into a shite state of affairs steadied things which cannot be underestimates. Went onto build a solid team granted he was backed. Then for a younger (in terms of experience) to man come in and get us up, although probably not this season. 

2 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

It’s certainly possible I picked him up wrong but I took from Barrowman’s interview that they had a preferred candidate in mind, as opposed to just an up-to-date shortlist of candidates.

Surprised the ‘papers haven’t gotten a sniff of an out & out front runner at this point. Bookies odds are never a decent indicator - it wouldn’t take a huge amount of money (or smaller bets) on a manager market for a club like Rovers to actually influence the odds.

I’m not expecting an imminent appointment. At this point I’m assuming the club are simply working towards an appointment before the Ayr game. Nevertheless, I can’t say I’m enjoying this nervous anticipation any.

I think its likely that we announce early next week assuming all goes well with the preferred candidate, it gives the new manager time to work towards Ayr and with the goal to get our first 3 points of the season. I also suspect that the friendly on Tuesday will be canned due to injuries and to allow the new manager some time on the training pitch instead. 

I do worry that if we end August with only a few or zero points that we'll start to see the crowds dwindle away again quicker than we managed to increase them. Its noticeable that our socials have been pretty quiet this week in promoting Saturdays game, its only been communicated by email, twitter has done nothing by the season ticket diaries piece. I know we've got other things to deal with, but you can't drop the ball on the main reason we've been able to do so well, engagement. 

18 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

Get yourself down to Stark’s to watch our ageing, slow, perma-injured, unfit, managerless squad.

#happyplace #youbelong

It’s a hard sell…

Great for talking points on a podcast though...

In all seriousness, all it'll take is a couple back from injury, the new manager in (so long as it's not a Locke-esque appointment) and we win a couple of games and everything will be rosy again.

Edited by Broken Algorithms

16 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Great for talking points on a podcast though...

In all seriousness, all it'll take is a couple back from injury, the new manager in (so long as it's not a Locke-esque appointment) and we win a couple of games and everything will be rosy again.

Totally agree. It was only in jest - and picking up on some of the points Murray made post-Airdrie.

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I also suspect that the friendly on Tuesday will be canned due to injuries

I don't see why, we could rope in some trialists to play.

We did similar 5 years ago when we played the Shippy in the Fife Cup, local hero Cammy Lewis played and scored, also Fletcher Hendry, Regan's brother played and scored.

Just now, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I don't see why, we could rope in some trialists to play.

We did similar 5 years ago when we played the Shippy in the Fife Cup, local hero Cammy Lewis played and scored, also Fletcher Hendry, Regan's brother played and scored.

Might be a team of 10 trialists and Callum Hannah going by our injury list. 

I coppied this from a guy on the fanny talk sight.  I know it is usually filled with diddies, but this guy put the Barrowman cock up a lot better than I did earlier on here.................

I guess I am as shocked as most on here with this Murray news.  

I find my thoughts conflicted between thinking it was the right thing to do, then thinking the opposite?  On one hand we have watched a few games when we ask, where have the really good/great performances of 2023 gone?  We have to admit to our team falling below par recently.  We have all seen other Managers lose their jobs for bad performances.

If however we look at this season alone, IM has not had the opportunity to play all his “strongest eleven” in any of the games thus far.  This due to several players injured. So he could argue his plan for improvement had yet to be put into practice?

The CEO’s briefing the other night was less than informative in my opinion.  Andrew managed to talk for nineteen minutes without really saying anything meaningful.  When asked about why the Board waited until now to sack IM, he said, “There had been regress both individually and as a group, but IM deserved the opportunity for us to be better”. Well IM might argue he did not get that opportunity given the injury problems I mentioned above?

Andrew went on to say, “I walk around this club every day and I see things, hear things, and feel things”.  What does this ambiguous statement mean?  What has he seen, heard, and felt that has made him, “Not trust IM to take us out of this current regression”?

However I think his biggest effective communications error has been the way he approached the players meeting.  When asked how the team felt about the decision and did they agree, he said, “Whether they agree or not it doesn’t matter to me, that is their prerogative”.   When asked how will the mood be lifted at the club, he went on to say, “Players are very simple beasts at times, they’ll come in and do their job and just get on with it”.  How do players feel when hearing their CEO describe them as if their feelings don’t matter at a time like this?  He then has the audacity to finish his interview with the club mantra “We stick together at this club”?  I applaud the decision to communicate with the fans/customers of the club Andrew, however you need a serious lesson in man management.  To unsettle the players, who are the people creating and delivering your company’s product to the fans/customers at a time like this shows a gross misunderstanding of how players/employees are motivated to do a good job for the company.

I say all of this as a poster who in the past has had high praise for this board.  I understand the need to possibly change IM, however your delay in doing so, coupled with your recent ineffective communication on RTV leaves a lot to be desired.

You say time will tell whether this is a bold, or reckless decision?  Let’s all hope it is the former sir.

1 hour ago, Rover the Moon said:

Get yourself down to Stark’s to watch our ageing, slow, perma-injured, unfit, managerless squad.

#happyplace #youbelong

It’s a hard sell…

Ya Mo B There!

As a flighty match-dodger, I was happy enough to f**k about until the Livi home game at the end of the month, but I may turn up for the Thistle game to see what’s what.

2 hours ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

I coppied this from a guy on the fanny talk sight.  I know it is usually filled with diddies, but this guy put the Barrowman cock up a lot better than I did earlier on here.................

I guess I am as shocked as most on here with this Murray news.  

I find my thoughts conflicted between thinking it was the right thing to do, then thinking the opposite?  On one hand we have watched a few games when we ask, where have the really good/great performances of 2023 gone?  We have to admit to our team falling below par recently.  We have all seen other Managers lose their jobs for bad performances.

If however we look at this season alone, IM has not had the opportunity to play all his “strongest eleven” in any of the games thus far.  This due to several players injured. So he could argue his plan for improvement had yet to be put into practice?

The CEO’s briefing the other night was less than informative in my opinion.  Andrew managed to talk for nineteen minutes without really saying anything meaningful.  When asked about why the Board waited until now to sack IM, he said, “There had been regress both individually and as a group, but IM deserved the opportunity for us to be better”. Well IM might argue he did not get that opportunity given the injury problems I mentioned above?

Andrew went on to say, “I walk around this club every day and I see things, hear things, and feel things”.  What does this ambiguous statement mean?  What has he seen, heard, and felt that has made him, “Not trust IM to take us out of this current regression”?

However I think his biggest effective communications error has been the way he approached the players meeting.  When asked how the team felt about the decision and did they agree, he said, “Whether they agree or not it doesn’t matter to me, that is their prerogative”.   When asked how will the mood be lifted at the club, he went on to say, “Players are very simple beasts at times, they’ll come in and do their job and just get on with it”.  How do players feel when hearing their CEO describe them as if their feelings don’t matter at a time like this?  He then has the audacity to finish his interview with the club mantra “We stick together at this club”?  I applaud the decision to communicate with the fans/customers of the club Andrew, however you need a serious lesson in man management.  To unsettle the players, who are the people creating and delivering your company’s product to the fans/customers at a time like this shows a gross misunderstanding of how players/employees are motivated to do a good job for the company.

I say all of this as a poster who in the past has had high praise for this board.  I understand the need to possibly change IM, however your delay in doing so, coupled with your recent ineffective communication on RTV leaves a lot to be desired.

You say time will tell whether this is a bold, or reckless decision?  Let’s all hope it is the former sir.

I really think people are reading far too much into this side of it.

Players all know that the manager could be replaced if things don’t go well.

Them not agreeing with it won’t and shouldn’t affect the board’s decision making.

They’re professionals who will turn up to training and play on a Saturday regardless of who’s in charge. Will hopefully be a kick up the arse for a few who’ve been underperforming too as they’ll have a new manager to impress.