The New Raith Rovers Thread

Jesus!

Looking forward to going to the game on Saturday with my two boys as usual, hopefully a performance comes out. People take social media far too seriously. 

2 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I'm maybe/probably in the minority, but I'm more concerned about the squad than I am the manager situation. 

We'll presumably have a manager soon, but I'm less confident that we'll have a better right back than last season or better forward options, which really needed to be a priority based on the second half of last term. 

I think we have a comparative right back to the second half of last season, Freeman needs game time to develop and get comfortable in the side. He's never going to be a 'get forward at every opportunity' defender, but we have that on the other side. We don't have the capability in midfield to have two full backs always pushing, we'll get caught short due to a very immobile midfield unit. As an aside, football is starting to move away from using attacking fullbacks at the top level, it'll reach the backwaters soon i'm sure. Same as it did with out and out wingers.

We have the same forwards as last season, minus Rudden and he was pants for us, so we should be able to upgrade on that, i'd hope. What we're really missing though is pace, creativity and dynamism in our key areas. We're pretty slow at the back, slow in midfield and Gibson/Jamieson are probably the only ones capable of getting in behind in the forward areas, so it restricts the way we can play. We're a lot less creative this season so far and less able to rely on moments of magic from individuals it would seem. Relying on injury laden players in forward positions isn't helping either. I feel for Vaughan, everyone knows we need him back, but we also all know he'll be out again for a few games sooner rather than later, similarly Hamilton. 

Thing is, we had all of this last season and managed more often than not to get a semi functional tune out of all of them, we need to get someone in that can do similar because right now, it shows that we miss it. 

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

I don't think we'll get any calm until there's an appointment. 

It's not going to be a cure for all but it'll stop a lot of frustration. 

We'll never get calm with the Rovers support though. We could announce Klopp, Messi and Frimpong and some folk would still find things to moan about.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Not sure you can expect the supporters to be united when the players and board aren't. 

Why? Players and Board are merely the current custodians of the club. We, the fans, are here for the long haul. We were here before they arrived and will be here long after they've left.

We're nothing without our supporters.

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

You need to step back mate, what's done is done and cant be undone, all the bitching and sniping will get us nowhere, it's time for the supporters to regroup and get behind the team, they need a united support now more than ever 

Step back from what? Holding the opinion that the board have seriously set us back because of rash decisions? Should we all just stick our fingers in our ears and pretend that it's all Ok?

No one's criticising the team but it's hardly unsurprising that the events of August have absolutely killed optimism and somewhat changed the atmosphere. 

Pre match Saturday is the perfect time to let the board know how we feel. Boo them when they take their seats in the directors box. That should get the message across. With any luck they'll strop off to the Pars and become their problem! 

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Are you mental?

Why? 

Mental is sacking a manager after losing the opening league game of the season after finishing 2nd place to Dundee Utd previously, still be trying to find a replacement almost 4 weeks later and I thinking that this is normal and OK 😂

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Pre match Saturday is the perfect time to let the board know how we feel. Boo them when they take their seats in the directors box. That should get the message across. With any luck they'll strop off to the Pars and become their problem! 

Serious question, how will they know it's directed at them?

There may be players on the pitch at the same time, how do you insulate them from this form of abuse?

4 minutes ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

Vibes are definitely not high bro. I didn’t even raise a smile at the social media pish about Oasis.

I quite liked Broonie saying "I'm still alive" 

46 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

We can file this next to the mythical walk out which one person on Twitter claimed was happening.