The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, MICMAC said:

Made me chuckle as well and it was directed at me 😂

the last time i lost my temper and used that language was at a cowdebeath away when i took 2 of my mates with and after the game 3 ultras decided to pick on mike who is disabled. i wont tell you what i did to them. btw i apologise for swaring at you

7 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

You haven't had to watch us over the last 8 months. If you don't understand, or choose not to understand the reasons for his dismissal, as explained several times by supporters and the CEO, no one is really bothered.

I wasn't ready to dismiss IM. It hadn't even crossed my mind. I was, however, bored with our performances and the many opportunities thrown away since January, and I thought our squad was capable of better. When this season's LC campaign petered out in unimpressive fashion, and we then lost for the 6th time on the trot to Airdrie, with an augmented squad, I was frustrated we seemed not to have learned anything. When the news of the sacking broke, I was astonished, but I could understand the reasoning. I still do. That we've been knowingly turned down by 2 candidates, one of whom evidently used us to his own ends (or at least his agent did), is frustrating again, but these things happen. Clearly. 

We'll get there. It's taking longer than I hoped, but we'll get there. The new guy will have next to no honeymoon period afforded him by some, but we'll get there. We might even beat Airdrie next time!

For what it's worth the best football I've seen at Starks in recent years was during the post Covid season under McGlynn,  the Pars drubbing obviously comes to mind but I thought we looked good for the future with Hendry, Spencer, Ross, Tait, Matthews, Vaughan and Gullan.  Except for MacDonald and Davidson that was a really youthful team and good to watch.

Not saying that there weren't games where we played well under Ian Murray but I don't recall the same flair on display, in this respect Murray was of limited abilities (as McGlynn was also in his own way). I said at the time of McGlynn's going it'd be fine if there was someone available to replace him with (ie someone better), at the end of the day I don't think we did.  Sadly the BoD have made exactly the same decision in firing IM without (at least as yet) someone better being available, not saying he (Murray) didn't have to go eventually but the timing and the process has been highly questionable.

4 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

the last time i lost my temper and used that language was at a cowdebeath away when i took 2 of my mates with and after the game 3 ultras decided to pick on mike who is disabled. i wont tell you what i did to them. btw i apologise for swaring at you

It's cool pal, I've got big slopey shoulders, swear away. I've been bombed and shot at, a few profanities won't upset me.

2 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

It's cool pal, I've got big slopey shoulders, swear away. I've been bombed and shot at, a few profanities won't upset me.

well you wont get anymore from me we all support the Rvers. i just wish my 2 strokes didn't make me easily confused at times.

FFS, I take a just a day off and this shite fest explodes.

22 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I'm maybe/probably in the minority, but I'm more concerned about the squad than I am the manager situation. 

We'll presumably have a manager soon, but I'm less confident that we'll have a better right back than last season or better forward options, which really needed to be a priority based on the second half of last term. 

Here’s something that should be talked of. Everyone bleats about needing the new man in before signing players and crap like that, it’s absolutely false. The acting management team should be actively trying to improve the team, and, holy cow, they are! How about we address that?

22 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Yeah that's very true, Potter and Mickey are more than capable in the short term to see us through, fingers crossed for some new bodies in before friday midnight

Much better, see, this is how this forum should be going.

22 hours ago, DITSOR said:

A decision that would appear to have destabilised the entire club, one that a more experienced board would not have made?

It's not really just a "bad decision" either... It's the lack of properly thought out strategy on the back of it. Having a shortlist of potential new managers that you haven't even sounded out about it is not a plan, it's naïve in the extreme.

Now what you have is no manager, an off-form, unfit team, unsettled players and a divided fan base. 

No one with any credibility was suggesting that Murray should be replaced. Far too much revisionism going on in an attempt to justify the boards decision. 

Oh Jesus H Christ. Hopefully that Board statement clarifying exactly WHY you don’t “sound people out” will somehow penetrate your skull, but I’m not optimistic.

21 hours ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Thing is we are quick to buy into mental health messages but some were quick to fire on without thought for a players wellbeing. Saw the post and just read terrace gossip of the worst kind.

Would your family want you at such a club?

As I posted earlier we should all be winding this "patter" down. Too many know too much and drip feed it here. Not solely targeting Sd champ

Edited to add- aside from the debate this is somehow fair game for our best player. 

It’s absolutely shocking what people will say online simply because they are insulated behind a keyboard and a screen. It seems people fail to comprehend that the things they say are heard outside the small circle of fans here, and that players and staff are actually on here too. There is a huge difference between saying you think such and such a player is likely to be released due to a failure to develop versus tabloid rumours about people.

18 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Pre match Saturday is the perfect time to let the board know how we feel. Boo them when they take their seats in the directors box. That should get the message across. With any luck they'll strop off to the Pars and become their problem! 

I, I’m, just, f**k…log off for a bit man, go for some long walks away from this forum and football, try to get that perspective straightened out.

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

FFS, I take a just a day off and this shite fest explodes.

Here’s something that should be talked of. Everyone bleats about needing the new man in before signing players and crap like that, it’s absolutely false. The acting management team should be actively trying to improve the team, and, holy cow, they are! How about we address that?

Much better, see, this is how this forum should be going.

Oh Jesus H Christ. Hopefully that Board statement clarifying exactly WHY you don’t “sound people out” will somehow penetrate your skull, but I’m not optimistic.

It’s absolutely shocking what people will say online simply because they are insulated behind a keyboard and a screen. It seems people fail to comprehend that the things they say are heard outside the small circle of fans here, and that players and staff are actually on here too. There is a huge difference between saying you think such and such a player is likely to be released due to a failure to develop versus tabloid rumours about people.

I, I’m, just, f**k…log off for a bit man, go for some long walks away from this forum and football, try to get that perspective straightened out.

take him to whitney dam tex and help him off the top, lake whitney is pretty deep

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

He's doing it deliberately to get a reaction like yours.

Just ignore him.

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The problem Tex is that the new man when they come will want to bring their own people in, if the budget has been used on people they don't want, it puts us in a more difficult position. Right now its just loans, which can be cancelled i'm sure (probably in January) but it leaves us in a tighter spot. 

Saying that, I think Jamieson is a good signing regardless. 

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

The problem Tex is that the new man when they come will want to bring their own people in, if the budget has been used on people they don't want, it puts us in a more difficult position. Right now its just loans, which can be cancelled i'm sure (probably in January) but it leaves us in a tighter spot. 

Saying that, I think Jamieson is a good signing regardless. 

what do you think of the ukrainian laddie

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

He's doing it deliberately to get a reaction like yours.

Just ignore him.

Weird tho, eh? Usually you’d get opposition fans trying to wind folk up, but he goes to the majority of the games then comes online and then posts faux-negative stuff about everything the club does. A fundamentally strange way to interact with something he clearly cares a lot about. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

23 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

what do you think of the ukrainian laddie

Never seen him playing in anything other than a highlight package. Looked pretty small last season but was a fan favourite at all clubs. We need a good playmaker I think but don't know if he's the one we need. If he signs of course. Time will tell 

This whole thing has just become a sit back and watch the carnage type scenario. 

Everyone has vented their frustration and we're just into unhinged ramblings. 

I think if you read between the lines in the board statement they've been caught out with how long it's taken. Also Healy and his agent have had our pants down to get a better deal at Linfield.  

5 minutes ago, pub car king said:

This whole thing has just become a sit back and watch the carnage type scenario. 

Everyone has vented their frustration and we're just into unhinged ramblings. 

I think if you read between the lines in the board statement they've been caught out with how long it's taken. Also Healy and his agent have had our pants down to get a better deal at Linfield.  

i still think we could do a lot worse than tim clancey from cork fc. he has all the qualifications and i agree hes inly playing against amateurs. w 28  d  9  lost one but these teams have to be beaten as we know to our cost at times

6 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Counting watching highlights as not missing a game 

Yip.

I've just discovered today that I haven't missed a World Cup Final since 1978 and have hardly missed a European Cup Final, FA Cup Final or Scottish Cup Final since then either.

In fact I usually watch the SPFL Highlights reel on YouTube every week so I reckon I must mean I'm attending 15 games every weekend on Varna Rover's basis.

11 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Yip.

I've just discovered today that I haven't missed a World Cup Final since 1978 and have hardly missed a European Cup Final, FA Cup Final or Scottish Cup Final since then either.

In fact I usually watch the SPFL Highlights reel on YouTube every week so I reckon I must mean I'm attending 15 games every weekend on Varna Rover's basis.

if you think making fun if people makes you a bigger person then good luck to you. Your type is why this forum has gone to pot so give ut a rest