The New Raith Rovers Thread

Want to see the highlights later because it looked like Kev was trying to impress the crowd again and once more he fluffed his lines. He pulls off some heroic stuff but then throws the ball into the net.

Looking like the second season in a row a lack of goalscorer will be a big issue for us. Hopefully something a new manager/the board can rectify before the loan window closes. No obvious options available but that's the purpose of the scouting team I suppose.

5 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Let’s be honest, Big Kev had nothing to do, same with the Meadowbank keeper, they just did better up front. We have nothing. 

Well no, both keepers had saves to make, and Vaughan is an inch away from scoring, meanwhile they score from a speculative shot that should never in a million years have gone in.

4 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

Looking like the second season in a row a lack of goalscorer will be a big issue for us. Hopefully something a new manager/the board can rectify before the loan window closes. No obvious options available but that's the purpose of the scouting team I suppose.

Yeah 2nd season in a row, yet we go and get 2 full backs, 2 centre halfs, a winger and a centre mid during the summer and not a striker in sight.

Interesting if Stanton wasn't at the game at all when you consider all our injured players were at a friendly against the YM a couple of weeks ago. Just seems odd. 

Just now, Raithie said:

Interesting if Stanton wasn't at the game at all when you consider all our injured players were at a friendly against the YM a couple of weeks ago. Just seems odd. 

He was.

Thought we were actually ok today, although lacking a finish. Will wait to see the highlights but goal didn’t look good for Kev. Club feels all over the place at the moment. Can understand the logic of looking for better than Murray but the timing and manner of his departure seems to have destabilised the whole club. What’s the odds on the Pars sending us bottom? 

Yes results are not good enough. We struggled thru Jan-may...Same team same results. Rem before that we were winning games by 1 goal...Strikers..or lack of them is a problem..U got to ask yourself why that wasn't identified.  I've being saying on every forum..we haven't enough goal threats or strikers that score enough goals in the team and haven't had for 2 or 3 seasons now.. surely that's been seen by those in charge. Need a big name loan..

I'd like to know what the injuries are and how long a timescale before they're fit again, I sincerely hope it's because of injury that some players are missing, and not because the club sacked a manager, after all, the poor performances that cost him his job are largely down to them in the first instance

8 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Thought we were actually ok today, although lacking a finish. Will wait to see the highlights but goal didn’t look good for Kev. Club feels all over the place at the moment. Can understand the logic of looking for better than Murray but the timing and manner of his departure seems to have destabilised the whole club. What’s the odds on the Pars sending us bottom? 

Murray still being the in place wouldn’t have changed a thing. According to the players, they signed because of Potter. You’d think because of that dynamic they’ll do everything in their power to repay his faith. Hmmmm

17 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Pretty high I'd imagine, its Friday the 13th after all 😂😂

Thought you looked really good today tbh. We didn't deserve that. Spent 89 minutes thinking you had a great keeper in Debrowski only to be reminded exactly why he's playing in the Championship.

Easton looked class today I thought

1 hour ago, Stardog_champion said:

I fear Stanton will be a passenger until we can sell him at the next transfer window. Until this team get some balls we’re gonna struggle. The truth hurts me too. 

You really are a f**king moron. Was our best player last season and if he wanted out he could have forced it to happen in the transfer window just gone. Clearly though going by his twitter post he was upset about fans writing utter shite shit like this about him online, don't let that stop you though eh.