The New Raith Rovers Thread

I've read some amount of shite in my 19 years on this site, but the name-calling and trolling that I've had to delete in the last few pages has to rank as some of the worst (or best if you like that sort of thing). 

Please stick to talking about ... say, Raith Rovers. 

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I've read some amount of shite in my 19 years on this site, but the name-calling and trolling that I've had to delete in the last few pages has to rank as some of the worst (or best if you like that sort of thing). 

I've a feeling it's not gonna end anytime soon 😥

Just now, Rover1883 said:

Who knew a manager getting announced could rattle so many folk not the wee team anymore are we 🤣🤣

What should've been a night of joy on here at appointing a manager who isn't one of the usual merry go round, turned into one of great disappointment the way the thread went after it was confirmed 

8 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Seemed to have deleted my YouTube clip post in the process. Not sure why? . 

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

What should've been a night of joy on here at appointing a manager who isn't one of the usual merry go round, turned into one of great disappointment the way the thread went after it was confirmed 

That's the joy's of some of the mutants that are on here 

1 minute ago, Wardy said:

Seemed to have deleted my YouTube clip post in the process. Not sure why? . 

Apologies. Sometimes I'm so eager to delete the bollocks that gets posted, a legitimate post gets lost in the cross-fire. Assuming it's in any way related to Raith Rovers, please post it again. 

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Apologies. Sometimes I'm so eager to delete the bollocks that gets posted, a legitimate post gets lost in the cross-fire. Assuming it's in any way related to Raith Rovers, please post it again. 

Well, it was more of a reference to the nonsense that was getting thrown about, so it makes sense that it was deleted in the crossfire. 🤣

Be golden hearts all you want I’m not one..  a dunfy fan gave it big licks i gave it back, am sorry for taking away the big night, on this thread… but the that par,  troll would off been still trying to be smug.  Then got ganged up on from the anime bleeding hearts…sorry was funny but still sorry tho 

8 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Be golden hearts all you want I’m not one..  a dunfy fan gave it big licks i gave it back, am sorry for taking away the big night, on this thread… but the that par,  troll would off been still trying to be smug.  Then got ganged up on from the anime bleeding hearts…sorry was funny but still sorry tho 

CxELSit.gif.262e49399f413f07751b8a9253d60bbc.gif

28 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Well, if it doesn't, I can and will ban posters - either temporarily or permanently. 

Dish out the bans my man. 

I'm all fairness it'd probably do some people a favour. 

Exciting appointment. 

Not totally unfamiliar with Scottish Football recently is a plus while familiarity with Football League down South another possible plus when it comes to loans/future windows…

Stick Gran Canaria…Florida for pre season friendly next summer!

This game on Sunday is a bit of a hinderance really, let’s just get through it injury free. Season starts again the following Friday…

39 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Exciting appointment. 

Not totally unfamiliar with Scottish Football recently is a plus while familiarity with Football League down South another possible plus when it comes to loans/future windows…

Stick Gran Canaria…Florida for pre season friendly next summer!

This game on Sunday is a bit of a hinderance really, let’s just get through it injury free. Season starts again the following Friday…

Excitement is something you won’t be feeling much of, until he’s been sacked, so I’d make the most it if I was you, it’s boredom for a while for you lot, if he’s true to form, you’ll win games and have know idea how, he’s the luckiest head coach we’ve ever had. We missed a penalty last year, and some of us celebrated like we’d scored, because he had a shot and didn’t pass it backwards.

1 hour ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Excitement is something you won’t be feeling much of, until he’s been sacked, so I’d make the most it if I was you, it’s boredom for a while for you lot, if he’s true to form, you’ll win games and have know idea how, he’s the luckiest head coach we’ve ever had. We missed a penalty last year, and some of us celebrated like we’d scored, because he had a shot and didn’t pass it backwards.

Can't be any worse than we've been watching. League Cup group was excruciating to watch.

1 hour ago, NlGHTMARE said:

After trawling through The Barnsley Fans Forum from his time in charge until the end, it is a mixed bag of opinions from your fans. Dull/boring etc does pop up quite often, I’ll give you that but it is counterbalanced by numerous circumstances. End of the day, results wise at least,  he should feel hard done by to be sacked exactly when he was (similar to our own previous manager!) That’s easy for me to say as I never watched any of your matches!

He is still a young manager and to up sticks with a young family and jump from Tampa Bay where I’m sure the pressure and expectation is low ( playing in front of a few thousand ‘soccer’ ’fans’ with no relegation etc) to Barnsley who have a pretty expectant fanbase, play in a tougher ‘cutthroat’ league…it couldn’t have been an easy transition.

Anyway, hope he has learned from the experience down there and settles in well here.  It wouldn’t be the 1st time a manager has struggled somewhere then excelled somewhere else or vice versa, time will tell…

First reaction was ‘who?’ but delighted it is somebody a bit left field and not one of the usual names. Really liked his interview. Enthusiastic, likeable and not full of daft promises or stupid claims. Like any new manager it could either be brilliant, end in tears or most likely be somewhere in between., but I’m totally f**king here for it. 

5 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

See this is where I am a bit confused, and like I say when I read some of the forums, some Barnsley fans seem to think Collins was harshly treated given the upturn in squad and lack of investment in the squad.

For someone so boring, they banged in 82 goals that season. The third highest total in the league behind Peterborough and Bolton.

For someone who plays “boring sideways football”, they scored more goals than the league winners. 

IMG_0016.png

Edited by RaithRyan

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

I’ve no idea whether this is a good appointment or not but remember we appointed Brown after being ditched by Fleetwood and things have gone quite well. The only issue you might have is he hasn’t been able to build his own squad.

I'm not particularly worried about this. I don't feel like this is an instance of a club like Arbroath last season where the squad is littered with poor quality imports from down south. 

The squad itself is stronger than last season with the additions of Hanlon, Stevenson, Fordyce and Gibson. The main issue has been getting everyone fit. It's a squad which did very well last season but hasn't performed near where we'd hope in 2024. 

It's not been a secret that whoever came in would still have a bit of budget to play with. So there's still time for us to add an excess centre forward and Megwa on loan.