The New Raith Rovers Thread

For anyone who can't make the game tonight... Sportscene is on tonight at 25 past 11 with Highlights of tonights game.

Next on:

Today, 23:25 on BBC One (Scotland only)

Dougie Vipond introduces highlights of the Active Nation Scottish Cup replay between Rangers and Hamilton Academical at Ibrox, and also the postponed and rearranged ties between Morton and Celtic, and Raith Rovers and Airdrie United. The programme also contains a roundup of the ties from the previous night.

Suggests that we may get some extended highlight treatment :D

For anyone who can't make the game tonight... Sportscene is on tonight at 25 past 11 with Highlights of tonights game.

Next on:

Today, 23:25 on BBC One (Scotland only)

Dougie Vipond introduces highlights of the Active Nation Scottish Cup replay between Rangers and Hamilton Academical at Ibrox, and also the postponed and rearranged ties between Morton and Celtic, and Raith Rovers and Airdrie United. The programme also contains a roundup of the ties from the previous night.

Suggests that we may get some extended highlight treatment :D

That`ll be 27 1/2 mins of the **** v Hamilton,27 1/2 mins of Morton v Celtic and the rest squeezed into the remaining 5 mins

When the fook did H.U.N.S become a banned word?

Edited by Rovers_Lad

That`ll be 27 1/2 mins of the **** v Hamilton,27 1/2 mins of Morton v Celtic and the rest squeezed into the remaining 5 mins

When the fook did H.U.N.S become a banned word?

About a year and a half ago.

'Mon the TV coverage.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/Rovers-running-on-empty-ahead.6024464.jp

ONE player has left Raith Rovers while another is in talks aimed at securing an extended contract. To find out the latest, pick up a copy of this week's Fife Free Press.

Anyone know who these players are?

I'd guess it's Gathuessi who has left the club.

Fingers crossed it's someone like Campbell who is in contract extension talks, rather than someone like Walker, who I've still yet to make my mind up over.

Edited by St. Starko

http://www.fifetoday...head.6024464.jp

Anyone know who these players are?

I'd guess it's Gathuessi who has left the club.

Fingers crossed it's someone like Campbell who is in contract extension talks, rather than someone like Walker, who I've still yet to make my mind up over.

I'd guess it's Amaya looking to extend to the end of the season

I'd guess it's Amaya looking to extend to the end of the season

It is.

And Gathuessi has indeed left the club. McGlynn says he couldn't justify keeping him given the budget we have, though he would have liked to keep him.

It is.

And Gathuessi has indeed left the club. McGlynn says he couldn't justify keeping him given the budget we have, though he would have liked to keep him.

And rightly so. He'd likely have been on decent wages and only played a handful of times.

No ta.

And rightly so. He'd likely have been on decent wages and only played a handful of times.

No ta.

Yep, sums it up for me. McGlynn's comments in the FFP were actually quite good. It's nice to see he's realistic about our finances, as he spoke of not being prepared to damage the club for the sake of having cover. He was also correct that having players return from injury negates the need to keep Gathuessi. As I said at the time, he was a good player for us to have, but not really one whom was completely necessary. McGlynn also seems to suggest that our month of inaction didn't help the situation.

As for Amaya, I think it's very important that we keep him. He's looked a good player from what (admittedly little) I've seen from him. We can certainly do with him when Kevin Smith returns to Dundee United, that's for sure. Hopefully he'll sign.

Really good news. Hopefully he'll grab a few more goals before signing off, by which time Amaya should be back fully fit and chipping in with a few.

Is Tadé suspended for cup games? I feel this is probably common knowledge, but I can't quite remember at the moment. I'm interested to see how Aberdeen will deal with the French George Best.

Is Tadé suspended for cup games? I feel this is probably common knowledge, but I can't quite remember at the moment. I'm interested to see how Aberdeen will deal with the French George Best.

I think not. I believe that it's strictly an SFL suspension and since the Scottish Cup is an SFA competition he's fine. Similar to why Hill was available against Airdrie and Simmons - theoretically - was available against Ayr.

I think not. I believe that it's strictly an SFL suspension and since the Scottish Cup is an SFA competition he's fine. Similar to why Hill was available against Airdrie and Simmons - theoretically - was available against Ayr.

Excellent. The Black Cruyff will undoubtedly be fired up and ready to unleash the entire personification of his total football philosophy on the Dandies.

For those of you who don't go on Fantalk/Raith Trust website. Results of the fans survey in November 2009:

http://www.raithtrust.org.uk/?p=800#more-800

Interesting read but on the page

WHY THE RIGHT DIRECTION

"Finally the club is living within its means and being run properly"

Be interesting to know how those that took part in the survey know that when theres not been an AGM,is it guess work?

"Keeping To A Budget"

See above

"We are improving on the park and are not in a money threatening situation"

See above,above

Edited by Robbo

WHY THE RIGHT DIRECTION

Be interesting to know how those that took part in the survey know that when theres not been an AGM,is it guess work?

"Keeping To A Budget"

See above

See above,above

Here's hoping those comments are correct.

WHY THE RIGHT DIRECTION

"Keeping To A Budget"

See above

See above,above

Well, we are improving on the park...