The New Raith Rovers Thread

Fae The Courier;

However, the game will obviously come too early for defender Dougie Hill who needs match practice after recovering from a broken ankle and should feature in a reserve fixture next week.

biggrin.gif

Honestly didn't expect to hear that so soon. Very quick comeback from a horrific injury, great news though,

Dougie Hill....... Hard as f**k

Gary Wales apparently played 90 minutes for us tonight in a reserve game.

Would like to see Wales in and Mole back to Hearts in Jan, been really disappointed with Mole recently, he just doesn't look interested in being here IMO, I know there are those in our support who think he is great, I just don't see it, his body language is all wrong for me and he spends a lot of time moaning and moping around the pitch, he drifts out of games and hides at times, I would love him to prove me wrong between now and Jan and force me to eat my words, I just can't see it happening though.

I would bring Wales in on a short term deal with an option to extend if he proves himself, I'm not really sure what he has been doing since he left us under mysterious circumstances last time ( maybe somebody can enlighten us ) so would be wary of giving him a longer contract, but then you have the worry that if he does come back and "set the heather on fire" then we could end up losing him to another club and get no transfer fee. It is a tough one. It is good to know that McGlynn is looking at attacking options though as that is where we have been struggling most recently.

Who's going to take Weir? Mole out and Wales in is definitely what it will be.

Exactly. There's one slot in the squad opening up over the next few weeks and it ain't Weir's.

In an ideal world I'd probably move them both on, bring in Wales and some cover at midfield. It ain't happening though.

Would like to see Wales in and Mole back to Hearts in Jan, been really disappointed with Mole recently, he just doesn't look interested in being here IMO, I know there are those in our support who think he is great, I just don't see it, his body language is all wrong for me and he spends a lot of time moaning and moping around the pitch, he drifts out of games and hides at times, I would love him to prove me wrong between now and Jan and force me to eat my words, I just can't see it happening though.

I would bring Wales in on a short term deal with an option to extend if he proves himself, I'm not really sure what he has been doing since he left us under mysterious circumstances last time ( maybe somebody can enlighten us ) so would be wary of giving him a longer contract, but then you have the worry that if he does come back and "set the heather on fire" then we could end up losing him to another club and get no transfer fee. It is a tough one. It is good to know that McGlynn is looking at attacking options though as that is where we have been struggling most recently.

Agree

Wales has/was playing in Australia.Came back a month or so ago and was training with us.

No one is going to give Weir a full-time deal on his current form, so barring some major turnaround in form he's just going to be seeing out the last few months of his contract before his release in the summer. If Mole is going back to Hearts then I'd be quite happy to see Wales signing again, though he's a different sort of player and if McGlynn wants to stick with having a target man up-front then that would have to be Tadé, leaving Wales and Baird probably competing for a single spot.

We're more in need of a decent wide player, ideally.

I think that is the first one made my day when I saw it in the flesh. Nobody was expecting it, don't think we'd scored a 30 yarder in a good number of years at Starks.

Yeah. Watching them on youtube in the cold light of day it looks like the second one is the better goal, but it was Peterhead one that really had you on your feet in excitement at the time.

Yeah. Watching them on youtube in the cold light of day it looks like the second one is the better goal, but it was Peterhead one that really had you on your feet in excitement at the time.

The general consensus when it flew in was one of 'how the f**k did that happen? we never score long range goals?'

No one is going to give Weir a full-time deal on his current form, so barring some major turnaround in form he's just going to be seeing out the last few months of his contract before his release in the summer. If Mole is going back to Hearts then I'd be quite happy to see Wales signing again, though he's a different sort of player and if McGlynn wants to stick with having a target man up-front then that would have to be Tadé, leaving Wales and Baird probably competing for a single spot.

Wales does not necessarily need to be played as an out and out striker IMO

I know he hasn't signed or anything yet and it's only talk, but part of me doesn't want Wales to sign on. I pretty much idolised the guy when he played for us in the Second Division as I felt he was just a class above everyone else, but he's getting on a bit now and has never really been all that successful at another club, so I almost don't want him to come back, be shite, and start not being able to say the guy was brilliant.

Yep.

On Jamie Mole, I reckon he's better coming off the bench; he's powerful and quite quick, I think he troubles defenders more as an impact player.

Delighted to hear about Wales.

Edit - spelling.

Edited by raith_94

I think if Wales could build up some fitness, then Baird would relish playing alongside him. Baird was on fire early doors when he had Walker and Simmons behind him to link up with, but he's suffered when those two haven't been in the middle. The thing is, I'm Iain Davidson's biggest critic, but his individual performances have actually been largely fine, it's just his own game seems to harm us going forward. Simmons and Walker are definitely our best pairing in the middle (IMO), but you can't leave out a player who hasn't really done anything wrong (Davidson), whilst you have another who is largely struggling to perform (Williamson) in the line up.

Anyway, that's a very roundabout way of me saying Gary Wales could maybe be the missing link between midfield and attack. He would give us some of the creative influence that I feel we miss when Walker is deployed out wide.

But yes, it is a wide player we could do with. If you look back, however, McGlynn doesn't generally seem to play with out and out wingers. Generally he enjoys playing with 'side midfielders' like Ferry/Sloan/Williamson etc, preferring much of the width to come from the full backs.