The New Raith Rovers Thread

We are packing up our £1000 flag and loading the boot up with sannies then going up in the mini bus.It will prob be leaving styx in kdy about 6.30-7am with a couple of pick ups on the way.I am actually looking forward to the trip as it will be good practice for going to wales in october for the scotland game plus it will be a good laugh.It wouldnt surprise me especially if craig drives that we end up at john o`groats first :blink::lol:

Ya cheeky bassa :D

It was you that told one of the boys he could get dropped off in Dundee as we would be passing through there anyway,

on the way home from Dingwall :huh:

edit to add;

Oh & bring a hat! ;)

Edited by RoversMad

The joys of football at times!

I would have been going also if we didn't have our bridie battle with Forfar. Enjoy the trip though guys, should be amazing and we need your stories posted on P&B when/if you all get home again ;)

^^^

Shitting it from the Raith Rovers/St. Johnstone/Partick Thistle collective casuals cool.gif

Are people still not getting the cheap train on the scotrail website? I've taken a screenshot on the iPad to prove I'm not talking shite, but I can't post it..

think its maybe cutting it a bit too fine for getting up there, plus how many change overs?

Are people still not getting the cheap train on the scotrail website? I've taken a screenshot on the iPad to prove I'm not talking shite, but I can't post it..

The trains that i'd be getting( up Friday, down Sunday) are £28 and £15 respectively, so i know you are not talking shite wink.gif

Better not miss the train at 11.53. It's the only one laugh.gif

The Inverness - Wick train leaves at 10.38 and arrives 5 minutes to kick off. I'd say it's too late to make kick off.

You'd need to leave at HT to get back to Inverness via Train. laugh.gif

Get the fifes finest bus up and its dropping us off in Inverness on the way back ;)

My wife found a wee deal where the trains were costing just £60 return for both of us on the East Coast website.

I'm dead keen on going but the only thing putting me off at the moment is having to travel up on the Friday and not get back until Sunday night.

That'd be a whole weekend away from the kids more or less which I'm not keen on. Don't see them enough as it is without that.

My wife found a wee deal where the trains were costing just £60 return for both of us on the East Coast website.

I'm dead keen on going but the only thing putting me off at the moment is having to travel up on the Friday and not get back until Sunday night.

That'd be a whole weekend away from the kids more or less which I'm not keen on. Don't see them enough as it is without that.

Take them with you. It's the start of their Rover's adventure wink.gif

Take them with you. It's the start of their Rover's adventure wink.gif

The wee man comes home and away with me now. :)

We considered taking them but it was almost doubling the prices. We could probably get to Spain on the cost and it'd take half the time that going up to Wick does!

I might just drive so I can leave early on Saturday, stay over and then leave early on Sunday.

Edited by Andy C

I've got a mate in Thurso I can stay over with. She's coming along to support Raith too.

Not sure yet if I'm going up on the Friday or Saturday though.

The fifes finest bus is almost full and we will prob leave kdy about 7am with a few pick ups on the way including one into leslie.If anyone has been to leslie you will know the trepidation we have about going there at that time of the morning.We should be ok as shug will fart and keep the worst of the locals away while craig the driver is a local he will negotiate a safe passage.On a serious note this is gonna be some trip right up there with our stranraer escapades. :D:D

Full list of Friendlies

Tuesday 10 July Ross County(H) 7.45pm

Tuesday 17 July Motherwell (H) 7.45pm

Saturday 21 July Dundee United (H) 3.00pm

Tuesday 24 July Alloa Athletic (A) 7.45pm

NICE :-)

At least we'll get a few through the gates plus we've got Lauries testimonial against the Jambos on the 14th. I for one am looking forward to all of these HOME games. I think the Alloa one could be the interesting one.

http://www.raithrovers.net/3626/friendly-fixtures.htm