The New Raith Rovers Thread

Anyone know what the deal is with mcgurns ban will it be served in the league or cup.

Since it wasn't a violent conduct dismissal, he won't serve it in our next league match.

I'm not sure if we distinguish between competitions for cup sendings off or not, though. It'll either be our cup game against County or our game against opposition yet to be specified in the Ramsdens Cup.

I will stand corrected if required, but I think it is classed as a cup suspension and wiil be served in the quarter final.

Cannot believe what you read over on FanTalk sometimes. I've only been to the Berwick game, however some of the pish that gets spouted is unreal.

Moaning like f**k because we conceded another 2 goals tonight. We played the whole second half with ten men, according to what's been said it was a harsh penalty decision and they've tucked it away. Berwick scored 2 rasping 3 kicks, although you can debate if McGurn could have done better, but seriously some people need to get a grip. Murray's unbeaten competitively, we're into the last 8 of a cup, started well in the league despite playing not so great, and are through to the next round of the league cup.

Belter central over there, honestly!!

I'll hold my hands up for being critical of us on Saturday but I can't believe the reaction to the game tonight. These are the same folk who would've been moaning like mad about us being boring if we'd won that match 1 or 2 nil under McGlynn. Tonight was well worth my £15 so no complaints from me.

Cannot believe what you read over on FanTalk sometimes. I've only been to the Berwick game, however some of the pish that gets spouted is unreal.

Moaning like f**k because we conceded another 2 goals tonight. We played the whole second half with ten men, according to what's been said it was a harsh penalty decision and they've tucked it away. Berwick scored 2 rasping 3 kicks, although you can debate if McGurn could have done better, but seriously some people need to get a grip. Murray's unbeaten competitively, we're into the last 8 of a cup, started well in the league despite playing not so great, and are through to the next round of the league cup.

Belter central over there, honestly!!

THIS.

Do what the majority of Raith fans do,DON'T GO THERE.laugh.gif

Like many other "fan forums" it attracts more than its share of "belters". Dafc.netwink.gif

There are a few reasonable posters,but, it seems there are more girners than

positive posters.

Remember when as many of them were screaming for McGlynn's blood, the guy who brought back the club's respectability?

However, if any dare contest what the moaners are spouting, which is often ****, the stock answer is "well it's ma upinyin"

Says it all about many on that site really!!

THIS.

Do what the majority of Raith fans do,DON'T GO THERE.laugh.gif

Must have missed the poll

FH the majority on here visit or post on fantalk under a different guise

Like many other "fan forums" it attracts more than its share of "belters". Dafc.netwink.gif

Like here you mean? :lol:

There are a few reasonable posters,but, it seems there are more girners than

positive posters.

What camp do you rate yourself in?

I know it's still early doors but so far things are looking positive from us! Graham seems to have picked up an extra yard of pace over the summer and is continuing his form from the end of last season, Grant Anderson has shown his quality and is the winger we've needed in our midfield, Hill has played better than I can remember him ever playing in the last few games, Thomson is simply quality, solid at defending and great at running up the wing and taking on players, Malone looks an improvement on Dyer and we look to have great prospects in Callaghan, Donaldson and Spence. This added to the fact we're unbeaten in competitive football under Murray!

I don't mean to count my chickens before they've hatched but I'm rather optimistic for this season.

Three tough league games coming up though. Lets see how things go.

Agreed. Winning four from four is great but only one is in the league. We play three of the expected title challengers next, two away from home, with a cup match with Ross County in amongst it all too. We'll see how we get on there before thinking about how we could do this season. If you listen to the bookies could be won 4, lost 4 with still just the three league points.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if we get any sort of long-term injury for Thomson, Anderson or Graham we are completely and utterly fucked.

I'm not too concerned about the defence, tho defending corner kicks still needs addressing. The goals lost column doesnt tell the whole story - Montrose got a penalty and scored the other against ten men; Berwick scored two free kick crackers that werent really defensive issues. We didnt give a decent looking Hamilton side much of a sniff at goal. Early season slackness cost us goals at Wick but give the other teams credit too. As was said, we'll have a better idea of our defensive and attacking capabilities against Falkirk and a Livie side that ran us ragged three times last season, then Dunfermline.

1345071794[/url]' post='6531418']

I'm not too concerned about the defence, tho defending corner kicks still needs addressing. The goals lost column doesnt tell the whole story - Montrose got a penalty and scored the other against ten men; Berwick scored two free kick crackers that werent really defensive issues. We didnt give a decent looking Hamilton side much of a sniff at goal. Early season slackness cost us goals at Wick but give the other teams credit too. As was said, we'll have a better idea of our defensive and attacking capabilities against Falkirk and a Livie side that ran us ragged three times last season, then Dunfermline.

I thought we done well on Tuesday night at defending corners, onwards and upwards.Walker made his 200th app graced by a goal according to Brian Graham's twittor

Her man looks like a heart attack in waiting.

I'm off to buy new after shave and get my teeth whitened, I think I could be in there.

So. Is she from Carnoustie or Kirkcaldy? I hope the media can decide. Are there any quotes from her confirming?

New aftershave and teeth whitener...that's good wooing! She will be helpless at your feet.

Edited by Scary Bear