The New Raith Rovers Thread

On a serious note, what has happened to Calum Elliot? He was a star turn in the early part of last season, now he's hopeless.

What injury did he have? Has he fully recovered from the injury? Is he just rusty or has the injury affected him permanently? Why is he now playing poorly, when he was a star turn?

What's the story?

Edited by Scary Bear

We invariably lose 2-0 to the Motherwells and St Johnstones of this world. Not much of a payday either

Would much rather take a lower league or non league team. Another great away trip to a new place like yesterday would be perfect

You'll probably make as much money out of a home gate with Motherwell, compared to an away game at the likes of Brora. Playing a misfiring Premier League team at home gives a good chance of an upset. Even with our current team.

I'm amused that people think a winter trip to the Highlands sounds like fun.

I'll take Motherwell at Starks.

Don't see why SB, the romance of the cup and all that, Motherwell at home is a horrendous draw, shite crowd and we will get stuffed.

You'll probably make as much money out of a home gate with Motherwell, compared to an away game at the likes of Brora. Playing a misfiring Premier League team at home gives a good chance of an upset. Even with our current team.

So if you think we'll get as much money out of a home game with Motherwell, as we'll get out of an away game to Brora, then surely you'll want to progress? Not a hope in hell we'll cause an upset with the current squad, therefore, I would rather get anyone below us in the leagues apart from Dunfermline or Falkirk as I think we should have enough to see us though a tie against the majority of the other teams below us away from home, as I don't think murray will be there to use his sh!te tactics in the next round. Edited by Rovers1992/1993

So if you think we'll get as much money out of a home game with Motherwell, as we'll get out of an away game to Brora, then surely you'll want to progress? Not a hope in hell we'll cause an upset with the current squad, therefore, I would rather get anyone below us in the leagues apart from Dunfermline or Falkirk as I think we should have enough to see us though a tie against the majority of the other teams below us away from home, as I don't think murray will be there to use his sh!te tactics in the next round.

We caused an upset at Hibs, just last season. The win away at Dundee last season was also an upset.

Albion Rovers beat Motherwell last year in the Scottish Cup.

These things happen.

Edited by Scary Bear

Don't see why SB, the romance of the cup and all that, Motherwell at home is a horrendous draw, shite crowd and we will get stuffed.

When is the next round of the Cup? Is it the end of November or January? A trip to some Highland League ground in the middle of winter, could in no way be described as romantic.

I prefer to just saunter down to Starks. My days of all day seshs and away days are pretty rare these days. I'd be interested to see what a Premier League club would do to this current team. Maybe McGurn would have another blinder, Nade would play out his skin, and we'd have another upset on our hands. By all accounts Motherwell are having a 'mare at the moment.

When is the next round of the Cup? Is it the end of November or January? A trip to some Highland League ground in the middle of winter, could in no way be described as romantic.

I prefer to just saunter down to Starks. My days of all day seshs and away days are pretty rare these days. I'd be interested to see what a Premier League club would do to this current team. Maybe McGurn would have another blinder, Nade would play out his skin, and we'd have another upset on our hands. By all accounts Motherwell are having a 'mare at the moment.

Got to disagree, it's not the North pole we'd be going too, save the premier league teams for the later rounds on the way to the final :rolleyes:

Got to disagree, it's not the North pole we'd be going too, save the premier league teams for the later rounds on the way to the final :rolleyes:

I feel that Murray's team need a wee morale boost, before that often difficult winter period, where Rovers usually come unstuck. A trip to the Highlands won't provide that. Beating a Premier League team will. Hopefully it will be the first of many Premier League teams vanquished by the mighty Rovers.

I look forward to the Scottish Cup Final and to escaping relegation with a week of the season remaining. Also to our much maligned left back getting the Player of the Year award and our perma-doomed manager, Grant Murray, winning the Scottish Cup and Manager of the Year award.

After this miraculous turn of events, Tam from Fantalk get's a tattoo of Grant Murray which covers his entire back, with the words 'first and foremost' below it. Big Berk changes his name to Grant Murray and spends most of his free time campaigning for the South Stand to be re-named the Grant Murray Stand, and sending nuisance letters to the queen demanding a knighthood for Murray.

Edited by Scary Bear

On a serious note, what has happened to Calum Elliot? He was a star turn in the early part of last season, now he's hopeless.

What injury did he have? Has he fully recovered from the injury? Is he just rusty or has the injury affected him permanently? Why is he now playing poorly, when he was a star turn?

What's the story?

Saturday was only his third game of the season I think, he lasted 10 minutes against Dumbarton on day 1, came back into the team a few weeks later for Livingston away where he lasted 75 odd minutes before being injured again, and saturday was his return (I think ayway).

I feel that Murray's team need a wee morale boost, before that often difficult winter period, where Rovers usually come unstuck. A trip to the Highlands won't provide that. Beating a Premier League team will. Hopefully it will be the first of many Premier League teams vanquished by the mighty Rovers.

I look forward to the Scottish Cup Final and to escaping relegation with a week of the season remaining. Also to our much maligned left back getting the Player of the Year award and our perma-doomed manager, Grant Murray, winning the Scottish Cup and Manager of the Year award.

After this miraculous turn of events, Tam from Fantalk get's a tattoo of Grant Murray which covers his entire back, with the words 'first and foremost' below it. Big Berk changes his name to Grant Murray and spends most of his free time campaigning for the South Stand to be re-named the Grant Murray Stand, and sending nuisance letters to the queen demanding a knighthood for Murray.

:lol::lol::lol:

Saturday was only his third game of the season I think, he lasted 10 minutes against Dumbarton on day 1, came back into the team a few weeks later for Livingston away where he lasted 75 odd minutes before being injured again, and saturday was his return (I think ayway).

Is it a Hamstring injury he has, or something more serious?

I'm going to spend the rest of the season moaning about referees.