The New Raith Rovers Thread

in my many years of following the rovers its up there

For me playing very poorly but grounding out the result doesn't even come close to some absolute horror shows like going out to Clyde (twice), Queens Park, Arbroath and probably a few other horror shows Ive blanked out

I genuinely never felt we're going out here at any point. In the first half I did think Christ, they're giving us a right good game here and we're playing shit but in terms of real fear of exiting the cup then no. If they'd managed to put away one of their chances it might have been different.

For me playing very poorly but grounding out the result doesn't even come close to some absolute horror shows like going out to Clyde (twice), Queens Park, Arbroath and probably a few other horror shows Ive blanked out

I genuinely never felt we're going out here at any point. In the first half I did think Christ, they're giving us a right good game here and we're playing shit but in terms of real fear of exiting the cup then no. If they'd managed to put away one of their chances it might have been different.

Personally I thought it was surely only a matter of time until Rose scored and if they did we'd have been out make no mistake. Right up until the penalty decision we hadn't looked like scoring. Never mind how good Linlithgow were, they were a junior outfit totally out thinking, outplaying and really outclassing a senior team sitting 5th in the 2nd top flight and that should not have been the case, but for McGurn and poor finishing we WOULD have suffered an embarrassment through there that would have out ranked the Clyde, Queens Park, Alloa, Albion Rovers and Berwick cup exits all rolled into one.

The sad truth of the matter are in the statistics since last November and in the performances this season where we have looked like a team bereft of ideas and guts. There is no organisation to the defence, no bite nor craft in midfield and our forwards show all the potency of a eunuch on Bromide. The players who caused us so many problems to us as previous opponents and actually looked so classy when 1st in Raith colours now seem clueless.

There's been a continual drop in form for the last 12 months, and there appears to be no imminent sign of things getting better either.

We seem to be content to fiddle while Rome blazes away down the road.

Another dimwit thats so desperate to be contentious he puts words in my mouth. Where did you read that LInlithgow outplayed us?

However most people - apart from the blinkered - admit that Linlithgow were the better team for most of the game. I wasnt at the Hurlford - Stirling game so I'm offering the commonly accepted verdict on that game.

Or maybe its not whats said that rattles your cage, but who says it....

I didn't say you'd said it - it's been the common consensus about the Rovers game. And yet we won.

Don't let my 'dimwit' views get in the way of another meltdown though.

The QP game and that 4-0 home defeat to Clyde, now those really were bad. We must be due another one of those soon.

The interesting thing now about that 4-0 defeat is that Clyde's chances were rubbished by Jimmy Nic before the game because they had just recruited a whole team from the Junior ranks. Its also interesting that that Rovers team was a bit better than the current one.

One of Marvin's followers found.

Lets hope the mods remove you from P&B.

Grow up, it's meant to be a joke. Couldn't care less if you (or anyone else for that matter) prefer sexual relations with their own gender to the opposite!

I retract my comment if you find it to be offensive

Ah big Marv, legend on the pitch but a bit of a character off it. My wife used to work in a salon in KDY and he used to come in for massages regularly - perfectly legal I must add with no happy endings. He would park his big f**k off 4x4 on double yellow lines right outside the shop and just put the hazards on without a care in the world. I now know why. He went to a cash machine and left his receipt in the machine. Had a wee gander and you're talking thousands upon thousands of wonga in his account. Probably been fleecing auld bints at his church.

Onto more important matters. Didn't realise Riley was being linked with us....again.

How does it feel knowing one of your club's icons is a homophobe?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/ex-rangers-star-marvin-andrews-slammed-4555527

I'm totally shocked at this breaking news.

I've just recently learned that the Spice Girls split up and now this.

Not been a great day. :(

Nicky Riley to join?

You're becoming mini-Dundee. Nade, Stewart, Conroy, Elliot even the physio Karen Gibson and now potentially Riley.

I see he's been freed by Dundee but he was on loan at Peterhead. Why would he suddenly turn up at Stark's Park?

Grow up, it's meant to be a joke. Couldn't care less if you (or anyone else for that matter) prefer sexual relations with their own gender to the opposite!

I retract my comment if you find it to be offensive

Presuming that i would find the 'joke' offensive on the basis of my gender preference. What an absolute cretin. :lol:

Even though i am personally not, one of my mates is gay and has been subjected to such 'jokes' and banter from small minded homophobes like yourself.

You aren't getting it are you?

I am bisexual, pretty tough to be homophobic at same time. Don't hold Marv's beliefs against him. People can think or say what they like, this Country used to be open to free speech, now people can't open their mouths without upsetting people of a certain religion, colour, sexuality, weight etc etc

Ps I have a girlfriend at the moment so no personal messages thanks x

... this Country used to be open to free speech, now people can't open their mouths without upsetting people of a certain religion, colour, sexuality, weight etc etc

Absolutely correct. We now live in a neoliberal tyranny of political correctness.