The New Raith Rovers Thread

Anyway - http://m.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/exciting-times-ahead-as-raith-board-set-for-a-new-look-1-3604175

Interesting stuff. I look forward to see what happens.

Also interesting on Fifetoday was Elliot saying he hasn't felt fully fit for a year, which is not surprising unfortunately. Helps explain his lack of goals. I was a bit concerned with him at the Hall of Fame though - he was clearly limping when he went to take his seat.

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect a full time professional footballer to be able to pass a football.

I don't think anyone does find that unrealistic.

Football players mis-place passes all the time though. Do you think it's productive to get on a players back after the first shitty pass he makes?

Maybe Fox should just go back to Livingston and he can get back to playing in empty stadiums if that would suit him better. We have been serving up the same guff for months and if Saturday turns out to be more of the same the management and players will deserve every bit of stick they get. For what it's worth I can't say I've noticed much audible dissent from the support before the half time whistle at any time this season.

Edited by Martin Nelson

Maybe Fox should just go back to Livingston and he can get back to playing in empty stadiums if that would suit him better. We have been serving up the same guff for months and if Saturday turns out to be more of the same the management and players will deserve every bit of stick they get. For what it's worth I can't say I've noticed much audible dissent from the support before the half time whistle at any time this season.

same

I don't think anyone does find that unrealistic.

Football players mis-place passes all the time though. Do you think it's productive to get on a players back after the first shitty pass he makes?

I agree that giving the players abuse doesn't help, but in my opinion it's not after the first shitty pass. It's usually after a considerable period of the match is littered with shitty passes and general uninspiring play. Then the crowd reach a tipping point, where they have become exasperated by what they have been watching. Then they vent their frustration, which is perfectly natural.

Personally I don't give them abuse. I've become used to watching the poor excuse for football that we play.

Edited by Scary Bear

Both McGurn and Fox in the Press today stating that they need the supporters to get right behind the squad.

Seeing the Coca Cola cup winning team on the stage on Monday reminded me of the difference between the supporters then and the supporters now.

Early nineties, we'd go a goal down and the supporters would ramp up the volume before we took kick-off. The atmosphere was often electric and the boost that the players got was usually evident.

Nowadays a player mis-places a pass within the first 5 minutes and aw c**t is going mental.

The players have their part to play of course but does anyone else feel that the support is a wee bit unrealistic at times?

Early '90s we had the likes of Brewster, Dalziel, Hetherston, Dair, Cameron and Crawford. The kind of players who would get people out their seats. Compare those players to the current bunch. Nuff said.

Early '90s we had the likes of Brewster, Dalziel, Hetherston, Dair, Cameron and Crawford. The kind of players who would get people out their seats. Compare those players to the current bunch. Nuff said.

So because we have a lesser standard of player we should afford them less patience?

Both McGurn and Fox in the Press today stating that they need the supporters to get right behind the squad.

Seeing the Coca Cola cup winning team on the stage on Monday reminded me of the difference between the supporters then and the supporters now.

Early nineties, we'd go a goal down and the supporters would ramp up the volume before we took kick-off. The atmosphere was often electric and the boost that the players got was usually evident.

Nowadays a player mis-places a pass within the first 5 minutes and aw c**t is going mental.

The players have their part to play of course but does anyone else feel that the support is a wee bit unrealistic at times?

Those were the days, giving teams a goal start an still pumping them. I think the backing went hand in hand with the players own self belief, from what I saw against Alloa was a team shitting themselves when put under pressure.

It could be a bit like a chicken and egg scenario, but surely the management should be giving the players the initial belief?

So because we have a lesser standard of player we should afford them less patience?

As we have a lesser standard of player, they are less likely to get people out their seats. That's all i'm saying. You can't expect fans to go happy clappy daft, if the players are giving them nothing to get excited about. That '90s team had the trust of the support. McGlynn's team had the trust of the support. Murray's team doesn't appear to have the trust of the support, at the moment.

without a doubt the change to all seater stadia has affected this. Starks was a far better atmosphere, as was east end, with the terracing.

Best encouragement I heard this season was the Friday night game against Queens, when we got it back to 2-1, and then 2-2 and also 3-3. We did all we could that night to get the ball in the Queens net. The fans at Easter Road were good too, apart from a a couple of roasters claiming they wish they never came to the fitbaw, this after Laidlaw had to make a couple of saves early on in the game.

Might I ask why?

I don't look at them two being added as directors and think, 'We're definately moving forward'. I can't see much changing for the better with either of them two added. I'll wait to see who's appointed as Chairman before making any judgement though. My money's on Drysdale getting promoted to chairman of the club though. Edited by Rovers1992/1993