The New Raith Rovers Thread

That ticket system is a shambles. Why are we allowing season ticket holders priority, then allowing them to just buy any amount of tickets they want anywhere in the stand? Now I cannae sit 1) in my season ticket seat that I’ve sat in all season and 2) with any of the guys I’ve sat with for the last 2 and a bit decades. Season ticket priority should mean exactly that - you get early access to buy your actual seat. 

18 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That ticket system is a shambles. Why are we allowing season ticket holders priority, then allowing them to just buy any amount of tickets they want anywhere in the stand? Now I cannae sit 1) in my season ticket seat that I’ve sat in all season and 2) with any of the guys I’ve sat with for the last 2 and a bit decades. Season ticket priority should mean exactly that - you get early access to buy your actual seat. 

I've said similar in the 200 club chat but there's a couple of ways of looking at it.

What you've mentioned highlights the disadvantages/limitations.

We are still getting a priority window to buy, and being able to buy more than one might boost the crowd if a fairweather friend/family member will come if they can sit next to their pal.

There is a complication with folk wanting to move in to, or out of the signing section too.

Is fanbase up to the task of keeping your individual seat reserved, but allowing you to give it up and move in to, or out of the signing section if you wanted ? (I've got my doubts)

1 minute ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

I've said similar in the 200 club chat but there's a couple of ways of looking at it.

What you've mentioned highlights the disadvantages/limitations.

We are still getting a priority window to buy, and being able to buy more than one might boost the crowd if a fairweather friend/family member will come if they can sit next to their pal.

There is a complication with folk wanting to move in to, or out of the signing section too.

Is fanbase up to the task of keeping your individual seat reserved, but allowing you to give it up and move in to, or out of the signing section if you wanted ? (I've got my doubts)

Surly they can block out all season ticket seats and you are given two options, purchase a ticket for your seat or pick an empty seat that is not a season ticket as this will be blocked out. 

I do believe that you should only be able to buy your season ticket seat unless you want to move to an empty seat, in which case you can only buy the number of tickets within your account and no more.

I also have the issue that I sit one seat in from a stairway which means I can’t buy a ticket for my seat as the system will not allow one seat to be left. Very annoying. 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I managed to get my regular seats in the end but the rest of the row is gone, main thing is i've got the tickets though.

I didn't realise it but it's let me log back in again and I could buy loads more tickets if I wanted to, hopefully shouldn't be too much of an issue for the Rovers but I can imagine that this could be a huge problem for bigger clubs with people being able to easily tout tickets for games.

Edit - Seems likely that we will need to open up the Railway Stand for this match based on the amount of tickets we will be able to sell.

Edited by mrpaddyx

57 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

To be fair I messaged the club through Facebook and they were able to sort it out within a few minutes. Tickets bought for my regular seats so I can't complain.

Did the same, tickets now booked.

9 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Surly they can block out all season ticket seats and you are given two options, purchase a ticket for your seat or pick an empty seat that is not a season ticket as this will be blocked out. 

I do believe that you should only be able to buy your season ticket seat unless you want to move to an empty seat, in which case you can only buy the number of tickets within your account and no more.

I do broadly agree with this although I'd allow season ticket holders to buy extra unreserved seats. 

When you look at Fanbase it seems a simple system, used by Crossgates Primrose and the likes, rather than Rangers or Celtic so I think it may be a fairly budget system. 

Who would have thought this would be an issue 18 months ago. 

1 hour ago, Oberon43 said:

I see Sky have scheduled the second leg for 12 noon. Shambles 

You would imagine this will get changed if we get Ross County 

Delighted with last night.  Would have been such a shame if we had fallen at that first hurdle after running Utd close (ish).  Who knows what happens next week, but it's a free hit.

I'll keep saying it, Scott Brown is one of the best signings we've made in years.  To take that gamble, and make him captain, was an incredible piece of foresight by Murray.

2 minutes ago, SerieA said:

No chance it will get changed 

I feel for the Fans who rely on Public Transport to get to away games as No trains or Busses will get up there on time so lets hope its St Johnstone

24 minutes ago, Rover1883 said:

You would imagine this will get changed if we get Ross County 

Not a chance in hell Sky are moving it. It's the English Championship Playoff final the same afternoon and everything will be centered around that. Our match is basically filler for them before the real play off final starts.

47 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Just came up in the Celtic v St Mirren game that our playoff final games against St Johnstone or Ross County will be shown on Sky Sports, surely the club will make a decent amount from that 

SPFL wil probably get most of it. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Quick question - when did the Bob Marley singalong become a thing? I'm at every home game and never heard it before. Is that one of our songs now?

Not sure but it was being played on the tannoy at the away leg against Partick and our fans started singing along.

Edited by mrpaddyx

5 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Legitimate question: is Lewis Vaughan the most popular Rovers player of all time?

It's a subjective question which will be based on when you started going and the accomplishments you've seen them achieve. 

With that said he is a very special player and his name is truely up there with the all time greats of the club. 

30 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Legitimate question: is Lewis Vaughan the most popular Rovers player of all time?

Started going the season before we won the league cup and can't think of many that would be more popular throughout my time. In saying that the only time iv ever struggled to actually speak a cohesive sentence to a rovers player/ manager was one time I seen Jimmy Nicholl. He subsequently kept calling me Paul (which isn't my name). So as pck says it probably is subjective with that.