The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's a shame Stevie McAnsepie won't be there tonight, but I suppose that's balanced out a bit by Neil Doncaster having to miss out as well.

I agree.

I mind speaking to Macanespie one night in Jacks and it was incredible how much he loved the Rovers. One of the best players of one of our best eras yet he was so down to earth and humble about the club and its fans.

Absolute Legend!

Just back in from the Hall of Fame night. Was a brilliant night.

Was disappointed in Spence, Smith and Mullen not bothering to turn up for it, although I realise it wasn't about them. The fact that Baird came up from Dumfries and Cardle came down from Dingwall for it yet Spence for example couldn't travel 10 miles from Dunfermline for it. Was good to see pretty much the whole squad from the coca cola cup final.

Shaun Dennis and Gordon Dalziel were absolutely brilliant to watch. As was Jeff Stelling for the last half hour. Amazing.

Brilliant night all round though.

A consistently great event. The team, as ever, did a fantastic job putting it all together behind the scenes and, once again, Bill Leckie was a great host.

Nice balance of guests and cup winning inductees too.

Well done and thank you!

The 200 Club is opening on Friday night (14th) to show the Scotland v Ireland Euro Qualifier.

The game starts at 7:30pm with the club opening up at 6:30pm.

This is an open invitation to all in the hope that we can get a crowd in and provide a cheap night out with all takings (as usual) going to the football club.

Half time pies provided!

What is the bar like, Andy? I'll be out with a few friends. We would have been going to Styx or some place else but I've never been in to the 200 club so might see if I can get them along.

Edit: Or am I being an idiot and the bar is the one under the South Stand? :unsure2:

Edited by Lang Toun Lad

The 200 Club is opening on Friday night (14th) to show the Scotland v Ireland Euro Qualifier.

This is an open invitation to all in the hope that we can get a crowd in and provide a cheap night out with all takings (as usual) going to the football club.

Half time pies provided!

Good shout Andy, good to see you guys trying to make use of the space beyond matchdays.

Half time pies provided!

if I hadn't got tickets for the game I'd have been down mate, look for me on telly though ;)

Both McGurn and Fox in the Press today stating that they need the supporters to get right behind the squad.

Seeing the Coca Cola cup winning team on the stage on Monday reminded me of the difference between the supporters then and the supporters now.

Early nineties, we'd go a goal down and the supporters would ramp up the volume before we took kick-off. The atmosphere was often electric and the boost that the players got was usually evident.

Nowadays a player mis-places a pass within the first 5 minutes and aw c**t is going mental.

The players have their part to play of course but does anyone else feel that the support is a wee bit unrealistic at times?

The players have their part to play of course but does anyone else feel that the support is a wee bit unrealistic at times?

I'd say 50/50 on this ATM ... I didn't agree with the fans wanting Murray & half the team out before the season begun & from that I'd perhaps say all of them where being a tad over the top, especially before a ball had even been kicked (I don't think its fair for fans to constantly keep bringing up the past seasons "League Failure") .... However as of this moment I'd say perhaps more so no than yes ....

I go to the games not expecting Ronaldo & Messi superstar individual performances or Bayern Munich/Germany type passing and moving, but I at least expect all 16 players to show a bit of fight and determination and actually look like they want to play for the shirt ... Unfortunately you probably get the same 2 or 3 weekly that show this ...

I do totally agree though with the part about place 1 bad pass in the opening 90 seconds and its cheers of "Murray Out" & "Get Him To F**k", however on the flip side when its the same players making the same mistakes every single week and not learning, you can also see why some fans may be like this ... The question then beckons that should we as fans be satisfied with our position as of now ? Possibly, but then we have the whole "performance are s**t argument" (E.G L.Rose) .... So I'd say that's pretty much why I'm 50/50, i think some fans are being realistic, some are just moaning for the sake of it !

Edited by ADMO