The New Raith Rovers Thread

Reduced admission yesterday, and a kids club with 300 members, don't let that get in the way of a rant.

As for a hardcore it'd put it at 1,200

Agree the core support is between 1100 and 1200.

The club holds it's first "family day" since I've been a fan (over 30 years) and still folk say the club are doing nothing. Some people you can't win with

Think Murray is here for the season. 14/15 is all about treading water. Just don't drown. It doesn't look like we're going to sink and that's just dandy for the board, and for Murray.

It's a shite state of affairs but as long as we stay up nothing else matters. I don't think the board would take the 'risk' of ditching him either. Next season will be a bit different with Hearts and Rangers replaced with teams like County and St. Mirren. We have to make a challenge, we absolutely have to! Murray couldn't motivate me to shag Shakira and would have probably told the Scottish army to play for the draw at Stirling Bridge. He football and style simply can't sustain or create a promotion challenge. Grudgingly I'll admit his fine for this season but we need somebody who can make/let a team attack and battle for a win next.

If Murray isn't out the door in May I'll not be happy or confident... or surprised.

Hibs and possibly Dunfermline will also be in the league next season. We would have to sign a new team to challenge.

If you leave aside the joylessness of watching Rovers at Starks Park (hard I know), then by all accounts we are 'challenging' at the moment. Only out of a play off place by goal difference in a league that includes Hearts, Hibs and Rangers. You can't sack a manager based on what you think might happen in the latter half of the season. You have to sack him based on results which this season in the league - on a neutral assessment - have been okay. If anything above average. Certainly not catastrophic

There's definitely arguments for murray leaving, and for him staying. I'm still on the fence as to whether making a change now, will actually help the situation we are in. However the arguments for him leaving now, kind of outweigh the reasons for him staying in the job.

Next week is a big game. Lose or even draw and I think the board needs to take some sort of action. However I don't see them doing anything at all unless there's a massive collapse (in which we are rooted at the bottom of the table.)

Can't see us taking anything from the Hearts game in 2 weeks time either, so potentially the Cowdenbeath game becomes a must win. Murray's record against them is truly awful as well, so the pressure has to be on.

I think the least we can do this season is finish above Dumbarton, Livingston, Alloa and Cowdenbeath. If we finish 5th it will be a reasonable successful season given the teams in the league. I think finishing below any of the 4 mentioned sides will be very disappointing, and pretty much unacceptable.

Off the field the club is finally being proactive in its attempts to move forward. But why bother when the team on the park isn't just stagnating, it's actively going backwards and performing worse than part-time teams with significantly lower budgets?

Eh?!

Would you not cut your grass because you needed a new kitchen fitted?

Must be getting old, as limited footballers wearing non black football boots are getting right on my tits.

Completely agree.

I wore black boots all the time I played for one good reason: I was shite.

Multicoloured boots should be left to the skilful players who can justify wearing them in my opinion.

so potentially the Cowdenbeath game becomes a must win. Murray's record against them is truly awful as well, so the pressure has to be on

..apart from the last time we played them when we beat them comfortably on their own ground.

Edited to add that I'm also for back boots. Multi-coloured boots you have to earn. But them I'm nearer 50 than 30

Edited by roverthemoon

..apart from the last time we played them when we beat them comfortably on their own ground.

Edited to add that I'm also for back boots. Multi-coloured boots you have to earn. But them I'm nearer 50 than 30

Change truly awful, to awful then? ;)

Agree the core support is between 1100 and 1200.

The club holds it's first "family day" since I've been a fan (over 30 years) and still folk say the club are doing nothing. Some people you can't win with

Maybe I'm wrong but the club have had a few summer open days and the likes since I've been a fan. We've also done these kiddy days a few times in recent times. Do you not remember the giving away of selection boxes, strips and the likes? Or when we used to invite local youth football teams?

Maybe I'm wrong but the club have had a few summer open days and the likes since I've been a fan. We've also done these kiddy days a few times in recent times. Do you not remember the giving away of selection boxes, strips and the likes? Or when we used to invite local youth football teams?

I remember the open days and selection boxes and inviting youth groups in. I don't remember them ever putting on free activities for kids before a game before. Like you my memory could be playing tricks but anyway the main point remains. With the family day and the half price tickets , you can't really accuse the club of doing nothing off the field to attract fans

The club are definitely doing their best recently to get fans back through the gates but it ultimately comes down to the product on the park which recently has been crap!

In a nutshell. Difficult to promote a product that is awful.

It's a bit like giving a sample of a washing up powder, it doesn't clean too great, it's mibee worth a few quid but you then charge 17 quid for a weeks supply when other shops around have better powder for less money. Moral of this, improve the powder, make it value for money, give samplers, build and grow the loyal users of your product. Shit example, I know :/

The club are definitely doing their best recently to get fans back through the gates but it ultimately comes down to the product on the park which recently has been crap!

Think this is pretty much spot on and the reason in my opinon we need a change of manager, the club are doing some good stuff off the pitch to try and encourage people through the gates but we are brutal to watch most games with long balls and basic mistakes at the back most games and the club can pull as many new fans through the gate as they like but to get them to come back you have to entertain them with either good football or a win (even an ugly one) we are not doing either and while Murray may keep us up by the virtue their are 3 part time teams in the division if it is brutal to watch the crowds will only go one way and that is down. While changing manager will cost the club how much will falling crowds cost? I lost faith in Murray last year and I don't believe he can turn it around as he doesn't seem to see a problem, yes we probably will finish 7-8th but even in a league with Hearts, Hibs and the Rangers we should be aiming higher than avoiding relegation, playing for draws at home against part time teams and a poor Falkirk/Livingston will not encourge fans to return and will hammer us next season on season ticket sales.

Fair play to the boy who was trying to encourage us to do a pre-game Mexican wave. Bearing in mind I looked across when the team came out, and only about half the crowd could be arsed standing up and clapping, he was probably always pissing in the wind with his request.

As for the game, we were dreadful, no doubt about it. Moon has regressed so much that he is now worse than Fox, and if anyone should come out of the midfield then it's him.

Mckeown is now so bad, that I'm beyond disliking him, and now starting to warm to him. After all, anyone who can be so utterly atrocious at football, but still play pretty much every minute of every game, deserves respect. He really is guff.

Stewart can't play up front himself, so to a degree, we were a victim of circumstance, but Murray should have brought on Vaughan and put him up top with Stewart after about 55 minutes. Instead, he waited until about the 87th minute, and put him wide, remarkable stuff.

If there's a plus point, it's that Alloa couldn't beat us, despite the fact we were utter, utter gash.

Oh, and Mcgurn coming back, which made me ridiculously happy.

The club used to give out free tickets to Primary schools. They used to get a couple of youth olayers to take some training, you'd play a game and then get to the football. It was quite decent day, actually.

Only downside was we were lumped in the Main Stand restricted view and they put the bugler next to us once.

The club used to give out free tickets to Primary schools. They used to get a couple of youth olayers to take some training, you'd play a game and then get to the football. It was quite decent day, actually.

Only downside was we were lumped in the Main Stand restricted view and they put the bugler next to us once.

Queen of the South run that sort of scheme now I think. Minus the bugler

Change truly awful, to awful then? ;)

2 draws and 2 defeats at home against Cowdenbeath. I think you can stick with truly awful. Just qualify it as 'at home against Cowdenbeath'.

His away record against Cowdenbeath is better. W2 D2 L1.

Edited by Scary Bear