The New Raith Rovers Thread

I want Perry out as he's not a footballer, no matter how much he claims to be and no matter how poor Watson has been at the minute, it's still heads and shoulders above what Perry would bring to the team.

I'm not saying Callachans done anything wrong, but he hasn't done anything to show us that he deserves the chance. Vaughan, I'm probably 50/50 on, he has shown glimpses of what he's capable of, the only problem is, you don't see it very often, most of the time, you tend to forget he's there.

Moon and Fox have both been fairly brutal this season so far, more so Moon, but could you honestly say Callachans going to be a massive improvement on him? Same with Perry and Watson?

Anderson has to start, he's been probably our best player the last 2 weeks, but part of me thinks Murrays going to put McKay back in. I honestly don't think we've seen enough of McKay to be calling him a pr*ck though..

Conroy might "never, ever" be a fullback but neither is Mckeown, yet he gets to be probably the only safe player on that pitch as we don't really have anyone else that can play there.

Do I have my favourite players for the team I support...well, yes...doesn't everybody?

Although Jimmy Scott is nowhere near one of my favourites.

2nd game of the season for me tomorrow, hopefully a win, as the wee fella hasn't seen us lose (yet).

4th game of season for me. Previous ones:

Rovers 3 v 1 Dumbarton - ropey first half and Carlsberg second half.

Rovers 0 v 4 Hearts - the Gomis and Bauben show. Humped.

Rovers 0 v 4 Rangers - Humped II: The Empire Strikes Back. Live on the telly.

Rovers ? - ? Alloa

I'm hoping we can play well for at least 45 minutes like we did in the second half against Dumbarton. We blew them away that day. Anything like that would be great. However, given we're missing some key personnel, I'd take a scrappy 1-0. First and foremost, as Granty boy loves to say, we really need a win. I'm not sure where the goals are coming from though. Possibly Conroy? Free kick?

Edited by Scary Bear

Scott, in that deep lying forward role was excellent at Ibrox, he, along with Anderson, and probably Fox were our best players on the day.

Barrie Mckay's main fault is that he seems to be unaware that when you play for a team that doesn't dominate possession, then you're going to have to track back as well as get forward. That should of been something he picked up during his loan spell at Morton, but unfortunately it doesn't look like it soaked in, or he just can't be bothered. Either way, he isn't much good to us if he's unwilling to protect his full-back or attempt to win the ball back when he gives it away.

He can provide a spark with the ball at his feet, but he's a man short when the other team have the ball.

Mcgurn returning today would have a positive impact on the crowd, and the players in front of him. Bringing him in seems like the most obvious move today, and i hope it happens.

If we're going to alter the middle of the park, I'd remove Moon based on last Saturday's performance, but I think that'll remain the same.

The fact Murray brought on Perry last week for Ellis, and left Hill on the bench, suggested to me that Perry would start this week. Unfortunately.

Last paragraph in today's Courier article suggests Hill might be ok for today.

What I got from that is, Hill was on the team sheet for last weeks game...until he injured himself in the warm-up. That's twice this season in 10 games that we've lost a player to injury during the warm-ups. Maybe tone it down a little..? After all it is just a warm-up.

Pointless telling him on here. Apparently he doesn't read fan forums. The guys in the boardroom do, and they couldn't give a toss so longs we get half a dozen full away ends this season. Time they stood up, listened to the people who PAY to watch this shite and replaced their dithering excuse of a manager. Not holding my breath but surely much more of this and they can't keep their head in the sand

The club can put on as many fun days as they want. The football on show was utterly rancid. We had no creativity in the center of midfield and haven't done for some time. Despite this he leave Callachan on the bench, despite looking far more aggresive than either Fox or Moon. Time for Murray to go. I've tried to support him, but we're ridiculously tedious.