The New Raith Rovers Thread

Pointless telling him on here. Apparently he doesn't read fan forums. The guys in the boardroom do, and they couldn't give a toss so longs we get half a dozen full away ends this season. Time they stood up, listened to the people who PAY to watch this shite and replaced their dithering excuse of a manager. Not holding my breath but surely much more of this and they can't keep their head in the sand

The board are completely out of touch with the fan base. They don't have a clue how to run a club or generate any interest. We're an established town of 50,000 people and get struggle to yet 1,500 through the gates. How many today actually paid and weren't season ticket holders?

So long as we stay up, get big away crowds from Hibs, Hearts and Sevco and people like Drysdale get to start there SPFL blazers they couldn't give a toss.

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

The 'fun' day was another pain day. If the club hoped this would put us in a party mood to take our mind of the shite football they failed.

I was surprised that it needed 6 stewards to keep fifty odd kids in check, money well spent.

A draw with Alloa, sitting 5th in the league and 1500 in attendance, is hardly going to have the Board panicking and hunting around the stationary cupboard for a P45. The football today wasn't great, but I would imagine that if we'd had a bit more of a threat upfront we'd have won. I've seen worse.

Edited by Scary Bear

This is just my opinion, but I think the board are doing are reasonably decent job "off the field".

However, when it comes to "on field matters" I'm really struggling to think of a scenario (relegation aside) where they would actually sack Murray. I think they are more concerned about their reputation - think of buzzwords such as "integrity", "sportsmanship", "nurturing talent", "community" etc. They wouldn't want to be the villains of the piece, sacking a "promising young manager" with a reasonable league position, when they probably consider themselves to have a fair and upstanding reputation.

Unfortunately, the performances on the park are undermining / undoing any off field positives in our minds.

On another note... Reading through this thread, and today's match thread, I noticed a bit of a reoccurring phrase - "a shadow of him former self". I think this was attributed to Moon, Watson, Thomson, Elliot and possibly a couple of others. Of course, any player can suffer a rough patch for a variety of reasons.... But for so many of our, longer serving, players to be deemed "shadows of their formers selves is surely telling that something is going wrong en masse. Is it coaching, morale or something else? I don't know, but someone within the club should either know or make it their job to find out!

13-1 in favour of go currently (with a few non-committals or unclear answers). Seems pretty representative of the fan base at the moment. Apart from Yoss and Eric Drysdale, I've genuinely not heard anyone sticking up for him. All seems so inevitable at the moment.

I've also realised that in addition to our '1 win in 6' home record, we haven't scored a goal when shooting at the North Stand. Certainly a good answer to any nonsense that the home fans have an adverse effect on the team when they're only capable of scoring when shooting towards them.

I've not looked into it properly, I may if I get a chance at some stage, but I'd be genuinely surprised if we don't have the worst record in the league over the last 36 games.

The general consensus is obviously Murray, however if anyone is going out the door I would like to nominate McKeown, Perry and McKay to be shown the f**k off card.

Why McKay? At least he is capable of crossing a ball, unlike our captain Jason Thomson. Most of our promising attacks in the first half came through him. He crossed for the goal. If it wasn't for that, then this place would really have went into meltdown.

The atmosphere at our Fun Day was like a morgue. Stark's Park: hope left this place a long time ago.

Thankfully, I have other commitments that'll keep me away from the Rovers until the Hibs game on 20th December. Hopefully they haven't started the winter collapse by then. We really need to get Nade and Elliot fit and playing well. Either that or sign another forward.

Why McKay? At least he is capable of crossing a ball, unlike our captain Jason Thomson. Most of our promising attacks in the first half came through him. He crossed for the goal. If it wasn't for that, then this place would really have went into meltdown.

The atmosphere at our Fun Day was like a morgue. Stark's Park: hope left this place a long time ago.

Thankfully, I have other commitments that'll keep me away from the Rovers until the Hibs game on 20th December. Hopefully they haven't started the winter collapse by then. We really need to get Nade and Elliot fit and playing well. Either that or sign another forward.

So can Conroy who is a better player, the lad is lightweight and couldn't pass the salt never mind a full back.

This is just my opinion, but I think the board are doing are reasonably decent job "off the field".

However, when it comes to "on field matters" I'm really struggling to think of a scenario (relegation aside) where they would actually sack Murray. I think they are more concerned about their reputation - think of buzzwords such as "integrity", "sportsmanship", "nurturing talent", "community" etc. They wouldn't want to be the villains of the piece, sacking a "promising young manager" with a reasonable league position, when they probably consider themselves to have a fair and upstanding reputation.

Unfortunately, the performances on the park are undermining / undoing any off field positives in our minds.

Good post, I think that's pretty fair.

I doubt their patience is quite so inexhaustible as that, though. If we play like that every week from hereon he'll not last to Christmas.

So can Conroy who is a better player, the lad is lightweight and couldn't pass the salt never mind a full back.

I don't get the hype about Conroy. Never really noticed him in games, unless it's a free kick or a corner. McKay does actually take a full back on, which I haven't noticed Conroy doing. He is also a threat with shots from outside the box, unlike anyone else in our team. Edited by Scary Bear

Stay.

(That's not going to survive many more performances like that though. Time is running out.)

Yeah, I'd agree with this.

I'll be looking for a much more expensive brand of football next week at the Rose.

Only having one fit striker brings some serious issues, but we still need to be getting our wide players closer to that striker. I wouldn't be starting Moon next week either. Recently he's been doing the same job as Fox, only not as effectively. If he isn't providing something going forward, and he hasn't been, then I'd leave him on the bench. Let Scott take his place and play Vaughan further forward. I'm not convinced that Vaughan is 'all that' but in games like today, and next week, we need to be getting more attack-minded players on the ball.

I've got no issue with the subbing of McKay today. He probably had his best game in a Rovers shirt, but he drifts in and out of games and Conroy is a more than decent alternative. Don't understand the Anderson sub at all, though. Unless he'd picked up a knock, that was baffling.

Thing that gets me r.e the BOD (and before i say this i suppose credit is to be giving where its due for helping from the as said "off field" situations), however how far into the future are they really looking ? From where i stand, currently under this Murray dross and ignoring what the fans want, season tickets are bound to collapse next season probably as high as 50%+ due to so many buying this season and deciding not to re-buy after 2 of the big 3 leave the league ... How does that stand well for us financially ....