The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think one of the problems with laidlaw is he doesn't organise his defence, we weren't conceding a stupid amount of goals with cuthbert in the sticks and I don't think it's a coincidence the defence looks a shambles now.

Cuthbert and mcgurn can constantly be heard barking at the back 4 but laidlaw stays silent, Watson even had a go at him during one game last season for it

Cuthbert let in 4 goals back to back against Hearts and Dundee. I don't really see him making a massive difference when he returns.

I think one of the problems with laidlaw is he doesn't organise his defence, we weren't conceding a stupid amount of goals with cuthbert in the sticks and I don't think it's a coincidence the defence looks a shambles now.

Cuthbert and mcgurn can constantly be heard barking at the back 4 but laidlaw stays silent, Watson even had a go at him during one game last season for it

We lost 8 goals in Cuthberts last two games.

McGurn is the only good keeper on Raith's books. Really think Cuthbert is piss poor. Every time I see him he looks dodgy as, but he seemed to e raved about at Hamilton. Alex Neil evidently knew he's not up to standard.

I never really rated Cuthbert when he played against us tbh. Don't think he's done a bad job so far though.

There is only so much that can be done when our defence is piss poor, but Laidlaw certainly has to be dropped. One error wrecks his confidence and more follow - that isn't good enough.

I honestly thought Murray would have selected McGurn yesterday, it's imperative he starts against Alloa.

I've been behind Laidlaw in the past, but he's been very suspect in the last couple of matches. At this level we can't afford to lose cheap goals, especially ones stemming from the goalkeeper.

At present, it's Alloa who actually have the best record against the "big three" shall we call them, with 4 points from a possible 9. However, they have lost to ourselves and Cowdenbeath and now find themselves bottom of the league. Would we want to swap places with them? Probably not. Clearly raising their game against the bigger teams, yet getting punished by the hum drum. Livingston don't have a single point from the "big three" should McGlynn be sacked for that? Or are they quite happy with a Petrofac Cup final to look forward to. (Mirrors of us last season perhaps?)

Falkirk have only got 2 more points than us from the "big teams" as do Queens. Great if you beat one of them, but it's 3 points at the end of the day. Cowdenbeath went and beat them a couple of weeks back.

Should the Rovers be able to raise their game against the big sides? Well of course? Could have beaten Hibs at Easter Road. But soundly beaten by Hearts, and now The Rangers twice.

It's something that I expected over the course of the season. If we managed a draw against all three of these sides then I'd see that as acceptable. We still have The Rangers twice, and Hearts and Hibs three times to try and get another 2 points from them. You could say where's the ambition in that? But it's being realistic.

We have competed well against the other sides in the division so far. I don't agree with Murray's team selections sometimes, nor his tactics. But the points we have on board at present are pretty acceptable over the course of the first quarter. The target for this quarter should be at least the sane points total, 28 points from 20 games, would definately be achievable and would certainly be well away from the bottom two places.

Anything less that 10 points from the next quarter then the board will seriously have to consider the management team.

http://www.kingdomfm.co.uk/club/vouchers/voucher/raith-rovers-v-alloa-athletic-for-half-price-244/

In addition to the family day the club are running on Saturday they're offering some half price tickets too. Good to see they're being proactive in trying to attract some supporters.

Might be easier to persuade a mate if it's only £8.50. Can imagine some season ticket holders sniping, but let's be honest we got a hell of a deal anyway. Things like this we need a lot more of.

http://www.kingdomfm.co.uk/club/vouchers/voucher/raith-rovers-v-alloa-athletic-for-half-price-244/

In addition to the family day the club are running on Saturday they're offering some half price tickets too. Good to see they're being proactive in trying to attract some supporters.

Might be easier to persuade a mate if it's only £8.50. Can imagine some season ticket holders sniping, but let's be honest we got a hell of a deal anyway. Things like this we need a lot more of.

It's all good being out there and trying to attract new supporters, but we then need to put on a good show for them to entice them back or they'll turn up for this week and think " Well, that was two hours of my life, that I'll never get back" and they'll never be back.

So hopefully with this offer, we can put on that decent display of football ( passing game) and a comfortable performance and entice these fans to come back in the future.

In two minds about Murray, our 2014 form as a whole has been horrific but our form this season has been what we should probably expect. Ideally we'd be able to keep the scorelines down though. Really sceptical to see who the alternatives are though, can't think of any that would instantly make me confident.

Just taken up that offer, I have been reluctent to pay £17 to watch Raith of late (that said, shelled out £22 for Easter Road), a bit more sensible pricing might get some of the fans back.

£17 is sensible for the level of football. I agree it's too much really but that's what this level costs, unfortunately.

The club offer exceptionally attractive season ticket prices and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind those who use cost as an excuse would still only go once in a blue moon if it was a tenner to get in. And I say that with such confidence because I know several - if it isn't price, it's the standard. If it's not the standard, it's no "young local boys". If it's not young local boys, it's the weather. If it's not the weather, it's Christmas shopping. If it's not Christmas shopping, it's some other activity. The reality is a lot of people just don't want to go and use prices as an excuse. No doubt some people just can't afford it - it's a lot of money - but 1200 at £17 a go is much better than 1400 at £10 or £12. That's just the way it is unfortunately.

Edited by Paco

£17 is sensible for the level of football. I agree it's too much really but that's what this level costs, unfortunately.

The club offer exceptionally attractive season ticket prices and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind those who use cost as an excuse would still only go once in a blue moon if it was a tenner to get in. And I say that with such confidence because I know several - if it isn't price, it's the standard. If it's not the standard, it's no "young local boys". If it's not young local boys, it's the weather. If it's not the weather, it's Christmas shopping. If it's not Christmas shopping, it's some other activity. The reality is a lot of people just don't want to go and use prices as an excuse. No doubt some people just can't afford it - it's a lot of money - but 1200 at £17 a go is much better than 1400 at £10 or £12. That's just the way it is unfortunately.

Good point.

For me I will probably still attend between 6-10 games this season, deals like this will make it 7-11.

Personally I just don't think its value for money, price has gone up as the product on offer has got worse (just a personal opinion). Shame really as its only a few years back I was a 30+ games per season regularly.

Given the restrictions on numbers in the Linlithgow Rose Social club - we can also accommodate Raith fans at Linlithgow Bowling Club - which is around 750 yards from the park (behind the West Port hotel on the High Street.)

If any bus wishes to book in please PM me and you will be assured a warm welcome.

Personally I just don't think its value for money, price has gone up as the product on offer has got worse (just a personal opinion). Shame really as its only a few years back I was a 30+ games per season regularly.

The price hasn't gone up for years

In two minds about Murray, our 2014 form as a whole has been horrific but our form this season has been what we should probably expect. Ideally we'd be able to keep the scorelines down though. Really sceptical to see who the alternatives are though, can't think of any that would instantly make me confident.

You think losing 4 or more goals in a game 5 times, whilst failing to make teams work for their goals in most of these games, in just over the first goal is "expected" form? Wow - I must have high expectations because I think that's pretty poor.

In our games against the teams that currently sit above us in the league we've lost 18 goals, scored only 4 and taken a single point. 3 of these games have been at home.

I guess some people are easy pleased.

There are a good number of managers who Rovers could approach - Lennon, Adams, Butcher - hell I'd take Dick Campbell over Grant Murray. My Gran being in charge would give me more confidence than Grant Murray.

There are a good number of managers who Rovers could approach - Lennon, Adams, Butcher - hell I'd take Dick Campbell over Grant Murray.

If those are the other options then I'm sticking with Murray.