The New Raith Rovers Thread

Has david bates been anywhere near the first team?It Was rumoured a while back he was goin to be goin on loan to montrose.

He's been a regular on the bench due to our injury problems. Our injured players should be back by the end of the year so he might well be farmed out in January.

The official site is a bit OTT telling us about Bairds love for the Club.

Is this the same wee rat faced chunt who celebrated in front of the South Stand on Friday night??

Steady, whilst he may have celebrated he didn't overdo it and he gave the South Stand a rather apologetic look.

Baird could go taps aff to reveal a Dunfermline crest accross his chest before giving it big licks to our fans and I genuinely wouldn't give a f**k. That Rangers game was the happiest day I've had supporting Rovers (too young to take an interest in 94/95). There was nothing I'd wanted more than to see us beat one half of the old firm. To get the chance to do so while picking up silverware and simitaneously humiliating Rangers was an absolute joy.

As for David Bates, as Martin Nelson said he's started one pre-season game. The fact we gave Laurie a game over him probably suggests his chances are limited. That'll only get worse given we've got Dougie appearing in bounce games, and Craig Barr hopefully back before the end of the year. It'd probably be best for all involved if he's out on loan.

Steady, whilst he may have celebrated he didn't overdo it and he gave the South Stand a rather apologetic look.

What game were you watching? He did his silly tuck jump thing he always does. He actually celebrated the same way he did after scoring the winner in the cup final. He's a funckin little rat!.....I still love him though!

He was happy to score, done a wee jumpy thing like usual then raised his hands in an apologetic way. The guy was making his 1st start, scoring his 1st league goal for his club in a big game live on telly, can't blame him for being happy. Don't believe for one second he was rubbing our noses in it.

Our biggest worry regarding that goal was Laidlaws assist, without it nobody would be discussing Baird celebrating

What game were you watching? He did his silly tuck jump thing he always does. He actually celebrated the same way he did after scoring the winner in the cup final. He's a funckin little rat!.....I still love him though!

That's what I was trying to say. For someone that the official site is bigging up as loving the club, he looked a hoor of a pleased with himself when he scored in front of the South Stand.

Don't get me wrong I still like the guy. Your confession to still loving him is taking it a bit too far

I watched the game on BBC Alba and whilst he done his trademark celebration the camera panned to Baird during the celebrations and the look on his face told it's own story.

He's been a regular on the bench due to our injury problems. Our injured players should be back by the end of the year so he might well be farmed out in January.

Is the young lad any good?Screamin out for a centre half here

I splashed out on the £23 ones as I'm a superior supporter.

Speaking of which, as someone who is a cut above the fanbase due to the fact I have a season ticket, I was a bit surprised there was no pre-sale for season ticket holders only. Must be plenty tickets to go round. Anyone any idea of our allocation?

I splashed out on the £23 ones as I'm a superior supporter.

Speaking of which, as someone who is a cut above the fanbase due to the fact I have a season ticket, I was a bit surprised there was no pre-sale for season ticket holders only. Must be plenty tickets to go round. Anyone any idea of our allocation?

I actually took my season ticket with me as insurance in case it was a season ticket holders only sale. I assume the fact we received an allocation for the lower section as well means we've been given a decent sized allocation.

Only upper tier left already, I gather.

I popped through for tickets this afternoon, and was asked if it was upper or lower tier that I was after. I took the upper for the sole reason, it's a better view of the pitch and it's where the majority of the rovers supports going to be. It's only an extra £6. If one day, that we manage to get ourselves into that top tier then we're going to be paying that every second week anyway..