The New Raith Rovers Thread

Care to explain? Or are you one of those fans that thinks we should be strolling every match? Is it his fault he is here? Murray's shown faith in the lad and in glimpses not been too bad. His shot at easter road was a smidgen from the opening goal. He has shown flashes of decent skill and touch. Not a world beater by any manner of means, but not a waste of a jersey either. I'd like Anderson in ahead of him though.

So by not making mistakes here, does this refer to every single player in a Rovers shirt then? Prepare yourself then mate. It happens at all levels of football. Surely you aren't that Thick?

Getting personal also? Not the only clown it seems...

I never once suggested we should win every game so I presume I am not one of those guys. You can decide though. He has also shown flashes of being a lazy wee bell. He has been to blame, at least partly, for 2 goals in a week due to this.

Mistakes maybe happen at all levels. Of course i know this. However we have a player who was poor for Morton last year occupying our right wing when we have Anderson on the bench who is double the player of McKay. Anderson also links up well with Thomson.

Edited by kev23

I can't find the link but I read an interview with McKay through the week saying Murray was just telling him to "play his own game" etc which I found a bit alarming after his performance at Easter Road. Clearly he took him literally by that performance last night. Didn't give a shit. I've questioned for weeks why Anderson isn't playing and I think it showed last night the difference he makes - Anderson has flaws but he'd never let his men run away from him.

McKeown at the second goal is Sunday league stuff. So is the whole defence, mind you, but McKeown getting caught under the ball at the back post is terrible. If we had absolutely anyone else who could play there it'd surely be time for him to sit out for a few weeks, it can't be doing his confidence much use to be playing terribly and getting stick for it.

And on Murray, after his comments about being happy to take a draw with Falkirk when there were ten minutes to go, it's a real shame when we did try to win the game last night late on we ended up losing. Will justify his negativity in his own mind.

Saw Craig O'Reilly score a couple for Kelty Hearts this afternoon. Barely recognisable from the wispy young lad who once played for us.

Edited by Yoss

I always enjoy looking at these league position graphs. Anybody on here have the time and the knowledge to knock one up for the Rovers?

1307px-HibernianFC_League_Performance.sv

No one that's ever had their hole would even think about making one of those pal.

Locked horns against the legendary Craig Winter on Saturday. Turned out for Rosyth amateurs against my team, caught him a sore one when I followed through kicking the ball, was seething but laughed and joked it off at the end of the game lol

1, He made an excellent double substitution which brought us back in the game then everything turned to shit and try as I can, I don't know what went wrong.

The double substitution only rectified his first mistake which was not naming these 2 players in the starting 11 in the first place.

Jimmy Scott is like a fish out of water in the aux striker position, moon and fox haven't kicked a ball all season and McKay is a poor man's anderson (and that's saying something).

What subsequently went wrong after the double substitution was the complete inability of the manager to set his team out in such a way as to take advantage of being a man up or react to a changing situation. With Nade on the park, we could get the ball into him and he was able to hold it up and bring Stewart into the game with Scott pushing forward from (his suited) central position. Losing Nade was a blow, but replacing him with Vaughan was a mistake imo. He is not capable of doing what Nade was offering us. For me, the change was Callaghan, adding the extra man in midfield supporting Stewart as lone striker. Thus tightening the game up and (theoritically) dominating possession in the middle. Instead Murray goes gung-ho with no focal point in attack, leaving us vulernable at the back which ulitmately killed us, It was naivety in the extreme from Murray.

As I said in the match thread, I'd have far rather been a bit non-plus with a draw in a game that we'd never been ahead in, against a team of similar ability to our own (albeit against 10 for the last 15) rather than raging after another home defeat. We didn't need to force the game, with possession would've come chances and we could have well nicked it.

Either way we's still have been clear in 3rd. As it is, we're 4th and looking at 5th or 6th come Saturday tea-time.

Murray is to blame - it's his tactics, his selections, his substitutions. He needs to GTF before the rot really sets in.

Next 4 games: Rangers (A), Alloa (H), Hearts (A), Cowden (H) - we'll be lucky to take more than 4 points which just might keep us far enough away from trouble but sorry, I'm not accepting that this is the level we are at having seen the other teams in and around our level.

Next 4 games: Rangers (A), Alloa (H), Hearts (A), Cowden (H) - we'll be lucky to take more than 4 points which just might keep us far enough away from trouble but sorry, I'm not accepting that this is the level we are at having seen the other teams in and around our level.

Lucky to get 4 points? Based on what? We have beaten Alloa and Cowdenbeath away from home in the first quarter. Both games were fairly straight forward as well. Id imagine we will park the bus at Ibrox and Tynecastle so we could maybe steal a point in one of those games. To say we will be lucky to get 4 points is just a lot of rubbish. I'd be looking at 4 points as a minimum requirement from those games.

Lucky to get 4 points? Based on what? We have beaten Alloa and Cowdenbeath away from home in the first quarter. Both games were fairly straight forward as well. Id imagine we will park the bus at Ibrox and Tynecastle so we could maybe steal a point in one of those games. To say we will be lucky to get 4 points is just a lot of rubbish. I'd be looking at 4 points as a minimum requirement from those games.

I'd expect nothing more than 3 points from the Cowden game, however we have not a hope in hell in getting anything from Rangers or Hearts. Alloa? Who knows, they've picked up a bit and don't lose many goals. Granted they don't score many either. We can't defend.

How you can say it's rubbish is beyond me - that's just blind optimism, We were awful against Rangers, Falkirk and QoS, by all accounts (and going by the TV highlights) we were lucky in the 1st half against Hibs not to be 2 or 3 down. I've seen nothing this season that suggests that we have improved from last season. Scarily, we looked even more limited.

But I guess you think Grant Murray is doing a grand job?

I'd expect nothing more than 3 points from the Cowden game, however we have not a hope in hell in getting anything from Rangers or Hearts. Alloa? Who knows, they've picked up a bit and don't lose many goals. Granted they don't score many either. We can't defend.

How you can say it's rubbish is beyond me - that's just blind optimism, We were awful against Rangers, Falkirk and QoS, by all accounts (and going by the TV highlights) we were lucky in the 1st half against Hibs not to be 2 or 3 down. I've seen nothing this season that suggests that we have improved from last season. Scarily, we looked even more limited.

But I guess you think Grant Murray is doing a grand job?

You don't expect anymore than 3 points from the Cowdenbeath game? post-40613-1413218545736_thumb.jpg

Not really but do keep making a fool of yourself. It's mildly entertaining.

Do keep being obsessed by all things Raith Rovers. It's mildly entertaining but I don't blame you.

"Cool story bro" - Cowden til i die

"Will read again" - Cowden til i die

"Top bantz" - Cowden til i die