The New Raith Rovers Thread

See tickets are on sale for the game vs Rangers. Did season ticket holders get a day to go down and purchase early or did I miss this all together? I'll go down and get a ticket later but it just seems like an awful sudden announcement, unless I have actually missed a previous date to go buy.

Season Ticket holders had last Thursday to go down and buy theirs.

It's been about a fortnight that it was announced that last Thursday was the day for ST holders and today was the public sale.

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

Yes but all of those clubs in England are governed by the FA. Junior clubs have their own SJFA, if they want to join our cup competitions they can join our system.

Can we enter the Scottish junior cup?

So what if they have their own organisation and cup competition, I don't see how that's relevant. They can add a lot to the Scottish Cup, and it seems daft to me that there isn't a competition that all Scottish teams can compete for, and no means for huge numbers of clubs in Scotland to play against one another competitively - ever.

Because it's not fair on clubs that meet such criteria - at sometimes large costs. Where's the incentive to get all teams under one unbrella. That should be the main goal. Have you been to many junior grounds? It would be embarrassing to allow them in our premier cup competition. Obviously Central is a dump but we meet regular standards at a large cost to the club.

Can Cowden enter the Scottish Junior cup though? As I've stated prior.

Their whole suspension system is a joke as well. Players playing that are thugs. If a junior keeper is given a straight red for denying a goal scoring opportunity his only punishment is missing the remaining duration of the game. Nothing else.

Their whole transfer policy is a mind f**k that I've never witnessed anything like it. Totally backwards organisation.

They want to play in our competition then can join our league system but they don't want to as theres too many glorified amateur clubs.

Anyway that's the last I'll say on it to avoid spamming up the thread and we clearly differ in views.

I understand why it's not going to happen, the SFA has been using Cup entrance as a carrot to improve facilities under the licensing system. That's well-motivated, and it'd be seen as a kick in the teeth to those clubs who have recently licensed themselves at some cost.

I'm afraid I don't see that as an adequate reason for not improving the Scottish Cup where (as I perceive it) such a big improvement could be made. Same goes for the existence of the junior cup.

The transfer system is quite obviously illegal, sure, just no one has got round to challenging it.

Been to quite a few junior grounds, yes, They are what they are - perfectly adequate to play football on. You'll see plenty similar in qualifying stages of the FA Cup down south. (On the other hand, English football doesn't allow league teams - or even non-league ones at any moderate level - to have crap one-sided grounds like East Fife's or Dumbarton's. Scotland certainly doesn't have any high ground to take on that count.)

I actually wouldn't allow Junior clubs in either. It seems to me that they get considerably more out the competition than they bring to it, especially when they get rewarded with a big pay day.

Junior clubs don't produce players that rise through the seniors and potentially go on to play for Scotland. It's essentially a level for guys who aren't good enough to play senior, or are past it.

By being rewarded with decent draws, they're taking that potential pay-day away from lower league sides who actually do contribute to the senior game in this country, which really doesn't seem fair to me.

If they want to join some kind of pyramid system then fine, but I really don't think they should be allowed to cherry pick the bits that they want, while giving little back in return.

Okay.

I guess that's the main point on which I disagree, I think increased entry would add a good deal more to the competition that it takes away from it. The early rounds still throw up some interesting fixtures, like this one, but it's a pale shadow of the excitement generated by the more-or-less free-for-all entry of the FA Cup.

I tend to agree that an open ended draw would be excellent. I frequently go to Haddington Athletic games (or did) and I enjoyed some of the away games. The thought of Cowden playong Dufftown or something away would be fantastic but until they sort themselves out its a no. There's too many junior clubs run extremely corruptly. Tighten the regulations, restructure it all and if clubs have to drop down to amateur status (which many junior clubs are already) then so be it.

Top 4 leagues. Highland 1 and 2. Lowland 1 and 2. Then regionalise it similar to what it is at the moment. Bottom tier would essentially be the bottom tier of the junior set up at the moment - with a few exceptionsz

Season Ticket holders had last Thursday to go down and buy theirs.

It's been about a fortnight that it was announced that last Thursday was the day for ST holders and today was the public sale.

Jingo. Must have missed it. Doesn't matter at all seeing as I have a ticket now. Would have been pretty annoyed at myself had I missed out.

Because it's not fair on clubs that meet such criteria - at sometimes large costs. Where's the incentive to get all teams under one unbrella. That should be the main goal. Have you been to many junior grounds? It would be embarrassing to allow them in our premier cup competition. Obviously Central is a dump but we meet regular standards at a large cost to the club.

Can Cowden enter the Scottish Junior cup though? As I've stated prior.

Their whole suspension system is a joke as well. Players playing that are thugs. If a junior keeper is given a straight red for denying a goal scoring opportunity his only punishment is missing the remaining duration of the game. Nothing else.

Their whole transfer policy is a mind f**k that I've never witnessed anything like it. Totally backwards organisation.

They want to play in our competition then can join our league system but they don't want to as theres too many glorified amateur clubs.

Anyway that's the last I'll say on it to avoid spamming up the thread and we clearly differ in views.

Can you explain what is wrong with the transfer policy and how it differs from the one that your club follows? We don't have the same transfer window is all i'm aware of?

I also take it that you would also rather have a much smaller crowd playing lowland league and EOS clubs rather than juniors?

I actually wouldn't allow Junior clubs in either. It seems to me that they get considerably more out the competition than they bring to it, especially when they get rewarded with a big pay day.

Junior clubs don't produce players that rise through the seniors and potentially go on to play for Scotland. It's essentially a level for guys who aren't good enough to play senior, or are past it.

By being rewarded with decent draws, they're taking that potential pay-day away from lower league sides who actually do contribute to the senior game in this country, which really doesn't seem fair to me.

If they want to join some kind of pyramid system then fine, but I really don't think they should be allowed to cherry pick the bits that they want, while giving little back in return.

what a load of pish.who was the last rovers player to go upto spl or scotland team.cant be that many in recent years.bet theres more former spl players though.the whole of scottish football is a cluster fvck due to certain cheeks flooding with foreigners.years ago the juniors provided the cream of players to go senior.its in reverse now.

If you apply that logic across all the senior teams in scotland how many would you shut down?

what a load of pish.who was the last rovers player to go upto spl or scotland team.cant be that many in recent years.bet theres more former spl players though.the whole of scottish football is a cluster fvck due to certain cheeks flooding with foreigners.years ago the juniors provided the cream of players to go senior.its in reverse now.

Joe Cardle left us in the Summer to head up to the SPL, Brian Graham did it last summer, John Baird the Year before and Gregory Tade the year before that.

We also had David Goodwillie 6 or 7 years ago who then went on to have a few Scotland caps.

So please, continue spouting pish if you want..

If you apply that logic across all the senior teams in scotland how many would you shut down?

Joe Cardle left us in the Summer to head up to the SPL, Brian Graham did it last summer, John Baird the Year before and Gregory Tade the year before that.

We also had David Goodwillie 6 or 7 years ago who then went on to have a few Scotland caps.

so one in seven years,that's impressive.as for the others.meh

or it could be playing junior suits these guys more when it comes down to combining training,playing and work.also some will be earning more than some playing for teams like the shire etc.and have a lot less travelling to do to get a game of football.

We had Johnny Russell on loan too, in the season we got to the Scottish Cup semis.