The New Raith Rovers Thread

Yes but all of those clubs in England are governed by the FA. Junior clubs have their own SJFA, if they want to join our cup competitions they can join our system.

Can we enter the Scottish junior cup?

Linlithgow are are in the cup due to being an SFA affiliate member and not through winning the league or junior cup.

The juniors that have been in the cup over the last few years seem to have brought bigger crowds to the early rounds and helped generate more publicity

So because they bring big crowds they should be allowed in the cup? Why not invite English teams?

The SJFA are an entirely separate organisation who have completely different rules on transfers and suspensions - to name two. If they want to take part in the SFA's premier cup competition they should follow the rules that all other clubs have to adhere to.

So because they bring big crowds they should be allowed in the cup? Why not invite English teams?

The SJFA are an entirely separate organisation who have completely different rules on transfers and suspensions - to name two. If they want to take part in the SFA's premier cup competition they should follow the rules that all other clubs have to adhere to.

Having a crowd watching you in the first place would help - probably why you are struggling with the concept!

The introduction of the top junior clubs has enhanced the SFA Cup - ask QOS what a home tie against Linlithgow meant who took over 1000 to Dumfries.

I'm not disputing whether it has or hasn't enhanced the cup am I? I'm not saying they won't bring crowds. I'm saying they should not be allowed in the competition as they do not comply with the rules that all clubs have to abide by.

What specific rules do you refer?

As I said Linlithgow have dual membership and achieved the appropriate ground standard required by the SFA. So therefore meet the entry criteria set by the SFA and what their members approved.

Football is changing so surely any improve be must be welcomed?

Edited by Auld Heid

Looking forward to this game and we normally stop off at the football and cricketers arms on our way to livingston so we know at least 1 pub.I told our driver who we had drawn and he jokingly said i take it you will be wanting to go livi pre match.When i said thats not a bad idea he said DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT MATE :lol::lol: .Should be a tough game and if the rovers turn up with a poor attitude then we will be in trouble so we need to be professional to get through to the next round.

Looking forward to this game and we normally stop off at the football and cricketers arms on our way to livingston so we know at least 1 pub.I told our driver who we had drawn and he jokingly said i take it you will be wanting to go livi pre match.When i said thats not a bad idea he said DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT MATE :lol::lol: .Should be a tough game and if the rovers turn up with a poor attitude then we will be in trouble so we need to be professional to get through to the next round.

Just get dropped off at the star as you come into town, there are again amount of pubs between there and the ground. Im sure some buses will be booked into the social club too

Their suspension rules, their transfer and contracf rules, ground regulations. Just about everything. If they want to play in our cup they can join our pyramid.

The South of Scotland League and Highland League don't operate the same suspension rules either and Linlithgow clearly do comply with the Ground Regulations or they wouldn't have got a licence which is why they are in the Scottish Cup now anyway. The SJFA is affiliated to the SFA and it's an SFA cup competition, not an SPFL one.

Personally I agree the Junior set up is weird and I'd rather they joined a pyramid setup en masse, but that's a separate question to entry in the Scottish Cup. I don't have a problem with it, although if they were all allowed in it then I'm not sure how it could practically be fitted into the calendar.

I think we will prob go to the football and cricketers first but am sure we can pay a few more pubs a visit. :) Do you get a pint at half time in the social club ?

Even from the footies to the ground there are 7 pubs (including the footies and social club)

At normal games you can, will depend on if the police allow fans in and out at half time

See tickets are on sale for the game vs Rangers. Did season ticket holders get a day to go down and purchase early or did I miss this all together? I'll go down and get a ticket later but it just seems like an awful sudden announcement, unless I have actually missed a previous date to go buy.

See tickets are on sale for the game vs Rangers. Did season ticket holders get a day to go down and purchase early or did I miss this all together? I'll go down and get a ticket later but it just seems like an awful sudden announcement, unless I have actually missed a previous date to go buy.

season ticket holders were able too get them last thursday.