The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not all of them in fairness. I'd argue that only one is.

Think we can quickly agree on who that is as well... ;)

Everyone's opinions on the first quarter of games? I went for a B+ on the Raith v Queens thread. Some good victories, but some disappointing defeats. Some expected as well. Could have been slightly better points wise, but a fairly acceptable amount and league position after the first round of games. :)

That might be a bit too high in my opinion.

With the exception of Livingston, we probably haven't won a game that we weren't at least hopeful of winning and even in the build up to that Livi game, I thought we'd maybe get a draw at least.

We've done okay, better than that in fact, but a smidgen off an A is pushing it.

That might be a bit too high in my opinion.

With the exception of Livingston, we probably haven't won a game that we weren't at least hopeful of winning and even in the build up to that Livi game, I thought we'd maybe get a draw at least.

We've done okay, better than that in fact, but a smidgen off an A is pushing it.

Probably the alcohol that's lead to the +... A solid B it is!

Probably a B- from me. Overall not bad at all but a lot to be worked on. Home form is dreadful and any good work on the road e.g. at Easter Road and Livingston has been cancelled out by results at home to Falkirk and QoS. Seem to be stuck in a system that doesn't really work with some of our better players sitting on the bench.

Defence has been shambolic and needs addressed, and I'm sure after tonight we're all a bit concerned about the goalkeeper - I think Murray will stick with him so hopefully he doesn't collapse like last season. McKeown hasn't had a good start in a Rovers shirt either, to put it mildly.

Performances against the big teams have been woeful and we seem certain to be truly humped at some stage this season (probably already should've happened, Rangers could've had eight or nine).

Overall, a fair bit to be worked on before the fans truly get off Murray's back, but if we had another three identical quarters we'd be happy with the season's work.

I'm looking at the truth, can you see what the truth is?

http://spfl.co.uk/championship/table/

Yep.

Raith are currently above us. We were honking at home to a poor Raith team. We've sorted ourselves out but Raith are going backwards.

You'll be down in the relegation battle with us. Get used to the idea.

Yep.

Raith are currently above us. We were honking at home to a poor Raith team. We've sorted ourselves however we are really in tenth spot and are fucked.

You are in quicksand, why should I take advice from you?

I think people are forgetting that McKay (although on loan from The Rangers) is only 19 years old. Ok he's not a sling chicken by any manner of means, but the guy is going to make mistakes. Especially at this level. What to fans actually expect here? For him tk beat his man every time? Cross with exceptional accuracy every time? Track back his man every time? If he did all that consistently...would he be at the club?

The answer is no. In case you were struggling.

Get. A. Fucking. Grip.

I think people are forgetting that McKay (although on loan from The Rangers) is only 19 years old. Ok he's not a sling chicken by any manner of means, but the guy is going to make mistakes. Especially at this level. What to fans actually expect here? For him tk beat his man every time? Cross with exceptional accuracy every time? Track back his man every time? If he did all that consistently...would he be at the club?

Get. A. Fucking. Grip.

I would rather he made mistakes at his parent club. Not here. You showed yourself up to be an absolute clown here though.

I would rather he made mistakes at his parent club. Not here. You showed yourself up to be an absolute clown here though.

Care to explain? Or are you one of those fans that thinks we should be strolling every match? Is it his fault he is here? Murray's shown faith in the lad and in glimpses not been too bad. His shot at easter road was a smidgen from the opening goal. He has shown flashes of decent skill and touch. Not a world beater by any manner of means, but not a waste of a jersey either. I'd like Anderson in ahead of him though.

So by not making mistakes here, does this refer to every single player in a Rovers shirt then? Prepare yourself then mate. It happens at all levels of football. Surely you aren't that Thick?

Getting personal also? Not the only clown it seems...

Edited by Wardy

Yep.

Raith are currently above us. We were honking at home to a poor Raith team. We've sorted ourselves out but Raith are going backwards.

Based on what? One game against a team who are likely to around our level. Anything else to back up your claim we are going backwards?

Anyway, results wise it's gone as well as we can expect.

Looked far poorer than the big two. Looked far better than the part timers. Looked much and such the same as the rest.

Like it or not, that isn't actually that bad.

Get. A. Fucking. Grip.

I agree with you to a degree, but the thing is, we already have players who play in that position, who won't make those mistakes, certainly not as many as he did last night.

After gifting possession for the goal at Easter Road, he did the exact same thing in the second half, which almost led to another.

Last night, 5 minutes after contributing to their second, he was in the middle of the park as our move broke down on our left hand side. He had plenty of time to get back into position, but instead trotted back, exposing Thomson again and Queens got a shot away.

His tackling is also poor, and there were a few examples in the first half especially where he looked scared to make challenges.

On the, admittedly limited evidence he's given us so far, I'd have him behind a few players for that position. With that being the case, and especially if we're paying a percentage of his wages, then it all seems a bit of a waste.

The thing that bemuses me with the signing of McKay is that we kind of needed an extra striker, and was hoping he might have been utilised by Murray in that position. But it hasn't panned out that way.

Yeah his mistakes have cost a couple of goals, but look at the mistakes we have made as a team week in, week out this season? Even before McKay was brought in we have been sloppy in possession and gifting them goals.

I feel sorry for Laidlaw. I think we all know a good goalkeeper is in there somewhere but unfortunately, when he makes mistakes it tends to lead to a goal. If McGurn is for to play next week, I'd give him a shot.

I'd say a C+ would be my grade. Most of us would've taken 14 points at the start of the season but our performances have been poor. Our home form is awful, particularly our first half performances. We have yet to score a single league goal at home in the first half this season.

We have some tough away games coming up this next quarter so we can't be expecting our away results to bail us out. If our home form doesn't pick up we could well be in the bottom 3 by the halfway mark.

Edited by Martin Nelson

Looked far poorer than the big two. Looked far better than the part timers. Looked much and such the same as the rest.

Results wise it probably had gone reasonably well, although losing four goals in three of our four home games is pretty poor. I'd grudgingly give the team a C.

It must be the away games where we've looked far better than part-timers. At home to Dumbarton, they were the better side in the first half. We played very well in the second half, I'll give you that, but that's the only time I've seen us be far better than the opposition this season. Like the majority, I only go to home games, so from that aspect we've not been good enough. As the likes of Alloa and Dumbarton have shown, sneaking a draw against Hearts and The Rangers when you're at home is not impossible.

From match reports, the Alloa game was pretty even, so I'll interested to see how we do at home against them.

Again, from match reports, we supposedly dominated a poor Cowdenbeath team.

As previous seasons have demonstrated, the first quarter is not a good indicator of where we'll end up in the league table.

That's my view too. I'd say tho that the only team we looked far better than was Cowdenbeath. And for some reason we never seem to get out of the blocks in the first half of games.

I still think Murray's team selections and tactics display an alarming lack of awareness.

Edited by Big Berk