The New Raith Rovers Thread

To be fair I think I'll head along for the Scottish cup.

I tend to loose interest towards the tail of the season unless there is something at stake. We have a game at Ibrox early April so thinking about ditching that one.

I genuinely didn't think Ibrox was that bad. A few roasters but easily ignored. Putting my dislike of the team to the side it's a pretty good stadium the ways its all enclosed.

For years we kept on getting shite draws after being pumped by all sorts of pish.....now after a good few years worth of good televised cup ties drawing one of the old firm away and the chance of earning a few bob again to help the finances , we are now pining for Annan / Brora away......go and take your heads for a shite....we really and truly have some fuckin zoomers out there..

For years we kept on getting shite draws after being pumped by all sorts of pish.....now after a good few years worth of good televised cup ties drawing one of the old firm away and the chance of earning a few bob again to help the finances , we are now pining for Annan / Brora away......go and take your heads for a shite....we really and truly have some fuckin zoomers out there..

Eh what?

People like to get as far in the cup as possible and it's good to see grounds we don't see often. Before most wanted a big tie because we were getting put out by smaller teams anyway.

Why would we want a team that'll most likely pump us? If we got a lower league team we might have delayed the pumping for another round and enjoyed a little cup run.

Eh what?

People like to get as far in the cup as possible and it's good to see grounds we don't see often. Before most wanted a big tie because we were getting put out by smaller teams anyway.

Why would we want a team that'll most likely pump us? If we got a lower league team we might have delayed the pumping for another round and enjoyed a little cup run.

A) Were not going to win the cup

B) Get pumped and get some cash and TV money

C) Avoid relegation

D) Get a result and win/replay

E) A and B will probably be as far as we go

F) Avoid relegation.

A) Were not going to win the cup

B) Get pumped and get some cash and TV money

C) Avoid relegation

D) Get a result and win/replay

E) A and B will probably be as far as we go

F) Avoid relegation.

So you'd rather get put out now and get a payday rather than get a draw vs Spartans, most likely win* then get a payday in the next round. Very good.

*ill get there before you do. "we are rovers and would end up losing"

RR2711, I'm trying to work out if you are Grant Murray (like your avatar) who feels getting embarrassed and humped regularly is acceptable if the opponents are so called bigger and better sides..... or Ally McCoist who will be delighted with draw and still believes the term 'Old Firm' exists and one half didn't fold!

Financially good draw perhaps, especially if on telly but rubbish one in terms of prospects of progress in what is a very open draw this year, also a poisonous place to visit as a fan which is ashame as a SC game gets us away from the arduous grind which is our current league campaign and performances. This is probably the one draw which stops the highest percentage of our fans attending who would have otherwise.

Actually shows the confidence levels amongst our support has pretty much died in a year. Ramsdens final there were plenty who fancied our chances, myself included, in that final and attended with optimism. This game's outcome has practically been written off by all.

RR2711, I'm trying to work out if you are Grant Murray (like your avatar) who feels getting embarrassed and humped regularly is acceptable if the opponents are so called bigger and better sides..... or Ally McCoist who will be delighted with draw and still believes the term 'Old Firm' exists and one half didn't fold!

Financially good draw perhaps, especially if on telly but rubbish one in terms of prospects of progress in what is a very open draw this year, also a poisonous place to visit as a fan which is ashame as a SC game gets us away from the arduous grind which is our current league campaign and performances. This is probably the one draw which stops the highest percentage of our fans attending who would have otherwise.

Actually shows the confidence levels amongst our support has pretty much died in a year. Ramsdens final there were plenty who fancied our chances, myself included, in that final and attended with optimism. This game's outcome has practically been written off by all.

If we're going to progress in the Cup, then we have to beat the likes of The Rangers and sides of this ilk. Getting lucky draws against weak opposition is nice, but it just puts off the inevitable. At some stage you have to play a better side and beat them, if you want to progress.

Under McGlynn in 2009-2010, the team performed heroics, but that team had some great players and some great individual and team performances in the games against Aberdeen and Dundee. I can't see the same heroics being performed by this current side. However, I still hope I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I like going to places like Annan and Brora, where we don't get to go very often. Independently of our prospects in the game I enjoy going, which is what it's all about. I've no interest in watching us play Rangers.

I like going to places like Annan and Brora, where we don't get to go very often. Independently of our prospects in the game I enjoy going, which is what it's all about. I've no interest in watching us play Rangers.

We don't go to Ibrox very often. If you're not too fussed about our prospects in the game, you could just get in the car and drive to Brora or Annan. In Winter. On your own.

This is an operating business which nearly went to the wall, which many of us on here fought tooth and nail to make sure that we had a team to support , drawing Rangers at Ibrox at that time would have been an absolute godsend. We are still skint but we are alive. You never look a gift horse in the mouth good tie good money......oh and you never know...the "paper" team just might turn up with a witch intact.....cute wee days out away to Brora costs the club money get real.

The money is a bonus - though unless they do choose it for telly I can't see us making a lot from this one - but ultimately the purpose of supporting a football team is to be able to go and watch games I enjoy. I'm not going to make any apologies for hoping that the cup throws up such a game from time to time. (We've already had Linlithgow this season so I'm not complaining.)

If the only teams left in the Cup were all higher ranked sides than us, I'd be hoping for the biggest payday possible. After all, a shock is a shock is a shock. But when you look at the teams left in the Cup this year, and the way the draw had been made, surely you can't help but be disappointed that we've been handed one of the toughest ties possible, instead of (for example) a non-league side at home.

It's a ridiculous thing to get into an in depth discussion about, in reality. A random drawing of balls. Such is our curse as football supporters.

It's not about the winnability, for me. I'd have looked forward to a trip to Tannadice or somesuch, as well.

It's a ridiculous thing to get into an in depth discussion about, in reality. A random drawing of balls. Such is our curse as football supporters.

Fair point.

Controversial post alert:

So we've made a profit going by our recent accounts, will have gathered a decent whack with the visit of the big 3 this season, seem to be going about our business in a sound manner behind the scenes yet there's still that element within our support that gathering as much dosh as possible is the be all and end all. Like a few others I'd much have rathered seen us draw a team that would have given us a chance to progress, unfortunately I think this will be as far as we go in the competition this year. Going to Ibrox does not fill me with any sense of excitement what so ever at the moment and to be honest it would have to be a pretty monumental fixture to get me to attend there to watch us play. if that makes me any less of a supporter then so be it. I just think we, as supporters, should have a bit more ambition when it comes to cup games and look towards a progression in the competition more so than the desire to draw teams that would give us a decent pay out.

I don't think there's any doubt that the club still needs all the money it can get, even with the profits that have been posted, but I think if you'd gone to Turnbull Hutton (or whoever you like from the new board) and asked them to handpick who they wanted in the draw, I'm confident that they would've picked a home tie against a weaker side. Ten years ago that wouldn't have been the case, they'd have been knocking chairs over trying to get a trip to Glasgow.

The more I think about the draw the less gutted I am, I still would have preferred a good away day or a lower league side at home but ive never been to Ibrox so it gets one of the final 6 of the list I can think of it as the money is going to Rovers anyway due to the spilt in gates.

I have no doubt we will go out though and I can't help but feeling we as fans would be looking forward to the game more if we had a chance of doing a repeat of 2010 and getting to the semi or even better.